Feelings

Controlling the Stars

"What did you say?" I asked him.

"I just asked, who said it was a test date?" Minhyuk replied coolly.

"Well... I just assumed since there's no other reason for you to ask me out. Right?" I asked hopefully.

Minhyuk took one of my hands and swung it in between us as he urged me to continue walking. I stared at the ground, embarrassed to be seen like this in public.

"I told that girl that I wasn't going to go on the date with her." he said. "I swung by the school a few days ago to tell her."

"Why did you do that?" I asked him curiously. There was no reason for him to not go on the date with her. She was pretty, smart and there were so many guys who wanted to go out with her.

"I realised that if I don't want to do something, then I shouldn't force myself to. Besides, I like somebody else."

"Who?" I asked, trying not to freak out at another competitor.

"Well... She's really pretty and I know that she likes me too. I think... no. I'm pretty sure. I mean, it's not 100% confirmed but she likes me. I hope. Hmmm... I don't know but I heard... Maybe not-"

"MINHYUK!" I shouted.

He jumped. "Huh??? What???"

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" I started to laugh. Watching him debate with himself was hilarious. It was one of the most adorable thing that I have ever seen.

Minhyuk looked at me, surprised at my sudden laughter. Then, he started to laugh too.

We were just two people. In the park. Laughing our heads off.


After a while, we managed to calm down. We were seated on the grass, under the shade of a tree. Luckily, the temperature has cooled down and the light breeze made it the perfect weather to nap. After a long week of school, the exhaustion had finally caught up to me.

I rushed to cover my mouth as I yawned loudly. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and before I knew it, I started to fall backwards. I closed my eyes for an impact with the ground. But instead, my head landed safely, on Minhyuk's lap.

I sat up immediately. "What are you doing?" I asked him, flustered.

"You were yawning... So I thought that you might want to take a short nap." he looked away, embarrassed.

"Well... you didn't have to pull me down so suddenly. You could have just asked..." I looked down as well.

There was silence as we tried to avoid eye contact with each other. I didn't want it to get too awkward so I laid down, on Minhyuk's lap.

Minhyuk looked at me, eyes wide.

"I was just taking up your offer." I shrugged, as I stared up to the trees.

It was beautiful. The sunlight was streaming through the leaves and the wind russled the branches, creating a peaceful sound. Perfect for napping.

I closed my eyes and allowed myself to relax completely. All I could hear was the leaves and the birds tweeting. I was slowly falling asleep. A moment like this was precious, especially since it was so easy to get caught in the busyness of life. The sounds became distant as I slowly faded out of consciousness.

It was warm though. A bit too warm but at the same time, I was comforted by it. What was it? My face felt hot. Oh gosh. I wasn't dreaming. I opened my eyes, alarmed and realised that something warm was pressed against my lips. Oh my gosh. He was kissing me. Minhyuk was kissing me. What do I do? Doesn't he like someone else?

Oh gosh. This was no time to panic. I pushed him away from me as hard as I could and stood up. I stood facing away from him. I put my hand up to my face. Yep. They were on fire. Why did he do that?

I panicked and started to walk away.

"Wait. Don't go." I heard Minhyuk say. A pair of arms wrapped around me and he buried his face in my shoulder. "Don't go."

We stood like that for a while as I tried to figure out how to deal with this situation.

I pushed his arms aside and turned around. I looked him in the eyes and waited for an explanation. He looked straight back at me, eyes full of worry.

He lead me by my hand and sat me down on the ground again.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked.

I've heard this line before. It was usually followed by... but that's impossible.

I gulped. "Sure..."

He took both my hands in his and fiddled with our fingers. He took a deep breath and looked at me again. This time, he looked determined. A feeling of dread took over me. He's going to do it, isn't he?

"The truth is.." he started, "I... I like you."  He breathed a sigh of relief after his confession. 

I, on the other hand, was in a full blown panic. My heart was racing and I couldn't think. I had a feeling this was going to happen when he started by asking whether he could say something. I guess you can never be prepared for it. I wanted to run and hide but I couldn't. My only option was to deal with this head on. And that... was easier said than done.

"Hello?" Minhyuk waved his hand in front of my face. "Earth to Ye-eun!!!"

I stared at him, not saying a word. What do I do?

"Um..." I started breathing heavily. "Ummm..."

Minhyuk held my shoulders and looked my in the eyes. "Calm down. Breathe in... breathe out... Look. It's okay. You don't have to feel the same way. Or if you need more time..."

"Sorry." I said and I saw Minhyuk's face fall. "No! It's what you think I'm going to say."

He sighed a breath of relief. "So you're accepting my feelings?"

"Yea..."

"You don't sound so confident. What is it you're accepting again?" he asked.

"Your feelings?"

"Tell me how you feel then."

"I feel the same as you." I was confused.

"Just say it." he pleaded. "Or I will pretend like you rejected me."

"I... like...you..." I whispered, refusing to look at him.

"Hahahahahahahahaa!!!" he laughed.

I looked at him, surprised. "Did I say something weird."

"No! Nononono." he wiped off his tears from laughing. "Ok. I'll settle with that for now."

"Huh?" I was extremely confused.

He took my hand. "Let's go home." he said.

I stood up and followed him. I was still a little restless but I was glad that this happened.


A/N: And here's this chapter... T_T

Image result for minhyuk monstax cry