Business

Controlling the Stars

English will be in purple.


I slumped into my bed after a full day at school. For the rest of lunch, I was unwillingly dragged around the school. The school was huge! You have no idea how tiring it was just walking one round around the school. When school ended, I saw Minhyuk coming towards me but I really needed a break so I just grabbed my bag and ran for my life.

My stomach grumbled. Ugh I'm hungry again. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. The maid, Yu Jeong, was in there washing the dishes.

"Do you need anything, miss?" she asked when she saw me.

"I'm a little hungry..." I admitted.

"Very well. I will prepare a quick snack for you. What would you like?" she asked.

Ding~ My phone received a notification. I checked who it was from and it turned out to be my dad. - Please bring the papers I left on my desk to my office now.

Typical. Not even a please. I quickly told the maid that I will be leaving so there is no need to prepare anything. I ran upstairs, grabbed my dad's papers and ran into the garage. Wei was sitting at a corner, drinking coffee and polishing some tools. I heard he was quite a skilled mechanic.

"Wei, I need you to drive me to my father's office. It's urgent." I said.

"Of course, miss." he replied.

He opened the car door for me and after I got in, he got in the driver's seat and started driving. My father's office was in the heart of Seoul. The drive only took about 20 minutes. As I went further into the city, the amount of people increased dramatically. The skyscrapers towered over me like it was going to crash down on me. Soon, a building with a blue title saying 'HHS Electronics' appeared before me. Once again, Wei opened the door for me and I got out. The building was 30 levels tall and I heard that it has about 8000 employees!

I walk past the two scary looking guards and into the building. The building's lobby leads off into the four wings of the office building. It also had a reception, cafe and a dining area for the cafe. The lobby had seating areas littered around the floor as well. The building's glass wall feature allows for sunlight to stream in from outside, making it a good environment to work in. I'm not ashamed to say that I was the one who recommended this design when the building was getting renovated.

I line up at the reception and when I finally got to the front, I was greeted by a lady worker. She was quite beautiful, I had to admit.

"Hello, miss. Is there something you need?" she asked,

"I would like to go up and see Mr Seon. I'm his daughter." I replied casually, showing her my ID card and a family photo.

"Mr Seon? And what would a teenager like you want with him? He has no time to deal with little children. Now scram before I call security." she said, mockingly.

"Let's see how long your job will last with an attitude like that." I said angrily. You can't judge a book by its cover. She may be pretty but it seems she's ugly on the inside.

She glared at me while I pulled out my phone. I dialed a number. "Hello, dad? Can you come down and get me? The receptionist was being really rude and refused to let me in.... OK...see you soon."

I turned to the lady. "Maybe you should start packing up." And I walked away.


There was a ruckus at one of the elevators. I saw a rush of workers returning to their posts and guests straightening up. It seems my father has arrived. He spots me and smiles warmly. I ran towards him, making sure to smirk at the lady receptionist while passing by.

"Dad!" I shouted. "I'm sorry that you had to come all the way down here even though you were so busy." I pouted.

"It's alright. I have a meeting in an hour but it's good to get out of my chair once in a while. Anyway, was someone being mean to you?" he asked, concerned.

"That lady receptionist was being extremely rude. I can't believe someone like her is working here."

Deep in thought, he replied, "You're right. I can't have a mere receptionist tarnishing the good service record we have."

He shouts to the lady, "Come over here right now."

She nervously half-jogged, half-ran towards us. "Yes, sir?"

"You're fired." Refusing to hear any protests, he turns around and walks back towards the elevator. "Come on, Ye-eun."

I give her one final 'humph' and follow my dad.


My dad leads me to a conference room. "While you're here, I might as well introduce you to a close business partner of mine."

He opens the door and inside, two men were sitting inside, reding through notes in a clipboard.

"Hello, Mr. Kang." my father said.

The two men looked up and stood up to greet us. The older of the two smiled at me brightly. "Ah! Your father has said so much about you. I'm glad I finally get to meet the beauty he has described." He walks up to me and offers a handshake.

I accept his handshake. "Oh, you flatter me. It is an honour to meet you."

"Mr. Kang is the CEO of Miracle Bank. And that boy over there is his son, Kang Minhyuk. I'm sure you'll get along well. He's your age, you know." my father said. "Do you have those papers? I need to discuss a few things with Mr. Kang so if you two kids don't mind, we would like to talk alone."

Mr Kang suddenly steps towards me with a smile. "Minhyuk, please take Ye-eun to the cafe downstairs and treat her to some sweets."

I hand the papers to my father. "Oh, you don't have to do that, sir"

"I insist. It is to honour our first meeting." He turns to his son. "Well then, what are you waiting for? the lady out."

Minhyuk looked a little flustered. "Of course, father." He sais his farewell and opened the door for me. "If you will, Miss Seon."

I swear I never have to open a door in my life. I excuse myself and walk out the door. Minhyuk walking in front of me, silence enveloped us.


A slice of rasberry cheesecake and a glass of iced lemon tea was set in front of me and I had to stop myself from drooling. Minhyuk stared at me as I began to dig in. I put down my fork and looked at him, annoyed.

"I can't eat with you staring at me like that." I said.

He seemed surprised at my sudden outburst. "I'm sorry" was all he said and he looked away.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" I asked.

"No."

"Do you want to try some?"

"No."

"How about something to drink?"

"No."

I'm starting to really annoyed. Great. Another troublesome Minhyuk. But this one is the complete opposite. Quiet and shy. Ugh. I seem to have trouble dealing with Minhyuks. "What's your problem? Do you not like me?"

"I-it's not that! It's quite the opposite, actually. I've never ha......" he mumbled.

"What? I can't hear you."

"I've never had tea with such a pretty girl before! It is an honour just to be in your presence, Miss Seon!" he said, a little bit too loudly. When he realised that everyone was looking, he started blushing.

I started blushing too. "I'm not pretty."

"Yes, you are! The prettiest person I've ever seen!" he raised his volume even more.

"Shhhhh!!! Gosh! People are staring. Just eat some of this and be quiet." I spooned some cake and forced him to take a bite of it.

"Mmmmmm... It's delicious!" He gives me an excited smile. He was so adorable, I blushed.

"And just call me Ye-eun..."

I looked down so he wouldn't see me blushing.


For the second time that day, I slumped in my bed. I remembered what happened before I left the office.

"Wait, Ye-eun!" Minhyuk shouted as I started leaving the building.

I stopped so that he could catch up to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you think that I coul................" he muttered.

"Please speak up a little bit. I really can't hear you."

He looked at me with resolve and said confidently, "May I please have your number?"

"Sure..." I smiled.

After exchanging phone numbers, I started to leave again but Minhyuk stopped me.

"Can I call you and ask you out on a... date?"

I was surprised at his question. "Um.. ok. I have to go now." I walked away quickly with my face burning like fire.

"Thank you!" I heard him shout after me.
 

I covered my face with my pillow. That Minhyuk was actually pretty cute and handsome. I wonder if he's thinking about me too. If he asks me out, does that mean I could end up being his girlfriend? Would his father approve of me? Wait. I'm thinking to deeply about this.

"Ye-eun! Dinner's ready!" I heard my brother calling.

Ugh. I'll deal with this after dinner.


A/N: Surprise, surprise! I actually updated quickly for once. So I introduced Lee Minhyuk in Chapter 2 and Kang Minhyuk in this chapter. What do you think of the story so far? It's still introducing things so it's probably not that interesting yet but stick with me! We'll get there eventually... MINHYUK ATTACK!!!