Confession

Controlling the Stars

English will be in purple


"Well..." He looked me straight in the eye. "Will you go out with me?"

"WHATT??????"

There was a long silence after the shocking proposal.

Suddenly, Minhyuk widened his eyes. "Oh! Don't misunderstand! I just wanted you to help me out. I've never actually gone out with a girl before... so I wanted to run a test date with you before I do the real thing. What do you think?"

It was like a slap to the face. I felt tears stinging my eyes. No. He can't see me like this. I stood up, causing the cat that was sleeping on my lap to yelp and jump off.

"Where are you going?" Minhyuk asked, confused.

I didn't answer and walked straight out of the cafe.

I didn't know where I was going. I just wanted to walk as far as I could, far away from Minhyuk. I felt ashamed to cry.

"Hey! Ye-eun!" I heard.

I started to sprint. I ran and ran until I reached a corner and turned into it. I fell to my knees and broke out crying. The tears kept coming and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop sobbing.

A felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked up. I saw Minhyuk looking at me, worried.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I didn't say anything. I was too embarrassed to tell him the truth.

"If you don't tell me, I'll hit you!" he joked.

"It's nothing. I just got dust in my eye." I said.

"So you're telling me: you ran out of the cafe and hid, and you cried because you got dust in your eyes?" he questioned.

"Yes? Look. I'm just not feeling that great right now. I'm going home." I answered sharply.

 I stood up quickly, but before I knew it, I felt a pair of arms wrap around be and I was pulled into Minhyuk's embrace. I was so suprised, that I stopped crying.

"W-what's that for?" I asked, flustered.

"Nothing. You won't tell me what's wrong so I just was you to know that I'm here for you. I just want you to feel better." he said gently.

 I was speechless. I really had no idea what to do in this situation. I felt my face heating up. I have to snap out of this.

I used both my hands and pushed Minhyuk away from me roughly.

"I'm leaving." I said to him and I walked away with my head down, trying to hide my face.

"Don't go yet!" he said, grabbing my shoulder.

I was starting to get really annoyed at him. "I'll go on the stupid date, ok?" I said while shaking his hand off me.

"Wait! But.." I heard Minhyuk shout after me but I just needed some time to myself right now so I didn't stop. 


I rang the doorbell.

A familiar voice shouted from the intercom, 'IS THAT YOU YE-EUN? WAIT, I'LL OPEN THE DOOR.'

The front of the large house opened and there stood Amber, who was overly excited that someone had visited her.

But the smile was immediately replaced with concern when she saw me on the verge of tears and disheveled hair.

"Oh my gosh. What happened? Quick. Come in." she said while ushering me up the stairs.

"Go get some snacks and water and bring it up to my room." Amber said to the maid closest to her.

We arrived at her room and she sat me down on her bed. Without a word, she hugged me tightly. With this, I released the tears that I have been trying to hold back.

A few minutes later, I ran out of tears to cry and finally had the strength to lift up my head to look at Amber. I had never seen this quiet side of Amber before. She was always loud, hyper and cheerful.

"Thanks..." I whispered quietly to her. I was grateful that she was so patient with me and didn't question me even though I knew that she was dying to know why I was so upset.

"Huh?" she leant closer, not catching what I just said. When I didn't reply, Amber asked, "What's wrong?"

I didn't really want to talk about it but I knew I would feel better if I did. I took another look at Amber's encouraging smile and I spilled about everything that happened. From the brunette's confession to accepting Minhyuk's test date. When I finished, I took a deep breath and felt calmer.

There was a long silence. I didn't know how to feel. And I had no idea what Amber was thinking. I tried to decipher the look on her face. It a mixture of thinking and shock at the same time. I raised my eyebrows at Amber, waiting for her to say something.

She caught my eyes and sighed. "Well... umm... I don't really know what to say. I'm not that experienced with dating either, to be honest. I wouldn't know about one-sided love. Plus, I'm kind of caught off-guard because I was convinced that Minhyuk liked you too."

I was confused. "Why would he like me? He's as dense as a brick. No offence. His purpose in life is to fly off with unicorns over the rainbow."

"You may think that he's all hyper and noisy but I've seen the way he looks at you when you're not looking. Plus, he's actually extremely smart. He scored first place every year at this school since he started attending."

"WHAT????????? WHY DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS. MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE. I THOUGHT THAT MINHYUK ALWAYS SCORED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CLASS."

"Well... he's doesn't. I don't know why he always acts like he's stupid but he most certainly is not. I think he was the only student who got a full scholarship to attend our school."

"A SCHOLARSHIP??? He told me that the principal owed his father a favour so he was admitted. "

Amber shrugged. "I don't know why he would lie to you. But then again, the scholarship story could just be a rumour and nothing more."

"True... So what do I do now."

We sat in silence as we thought of solutions to the problem. There were none.

"For now, I guess I'll go on his test date. Since I said I would... There's nothing more I can do so I'll just go with with whatever life throws at me. " I said.

I looked outside. The sun was nearly down.

"You've had a long day. Why don't you go home and rest. Or do you want to stay over? I'll lend you some pjs."

"I would refuse because I feel like I'm intruding but my mum is good at reading my mood. And I really don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry but it woud be great if I could stay here." I felt really bad.

"It's no trouble at all! I've always wanted to have a friend stay over. My parents are out on a business trip so I would have been lonely anyways. Go ahead and take a shower. I'll leave some pjs outside the bathroom door. And then, after we're done washing up, let's have dinner downstairs, okay?" Amber tried to sound excited.

"Okay!" I gave her the most cheerful smile I could manage.

 


Tuesday morning...

I woke up with a headache. I winced as I sat upright.

"Are you okay?" I heard Amber ask sleepily.

"Oh, you were awake? I just have a slight headache. Nothing some panadol can't fix."

Amber yawned. "You can use the bathroom first. I'm just going to get a few more winks..." And she fell back to sleep.

I checked the clock and saw that we still had about 2 hours until it was time to go to school. I guess I woke up too early today.

 


I laid my head on the desk and waited for class to start. The class was very loud and my head throbbed at the volume. Amber, who was trying to convince me to stay home this morning, has now joined in the loud chatter of the classroom. Minhyuk, as usual, was still not in class. I was thankful for that because I would feel worse if I had to deal with him today.

 


The days passed by excruciatingly slowly. I could not help but feel sad that Minhyuk didn't come to school for the rest of that week. Is it even okay that he had missed so many days of school already? I could not help but worry about Minhyuk all week. I guess he became an important part of my life before I even knew it...

Amber had already gone home, rushing towards her car excitedly after hearing that her parents brought back souvenirs from their business trip to Paris. I trugged out of the school, squinting from the unusually strong sunlight.

"Hey Ye-eun!" I heard someone shout. It can't be... I turned around and saw the blond Minhyuk running towards me, a smile as strong as today's sunlight.

"Where were you all week?" I asked, concerned.

"That doesn't matter! Let's go on a date." He said when he finally reached me.

"Oh..." Oh... The test date. "Okay. Now?"

"Yea! Let's go!" And he started to drag me to who knows where.

 


The first place he took me to was a dessert shop called StrawShort. It was quite a popular spot for teenagers because of the cute interior and the wonderfully sweet cakes.

When we reached the shop, I was so excited that I immediately ran up to the cake display and squealed at all the cute stuffed toys and cute decorations in the shop. I grabbed Minhyuk's arm when I saw a puppy dog toy that looked like him. When I looked at him, he was smiling softly. How embarrassing.... I straighened myself out and sat down calmly at an empty table.

I looked at the menu and struggled to contain my excitement at the thought of trying out their assortment of cakes. In the end, I ordered their famous strawberry shortcake and a cup of mint hot chocolate, perfect for the winter. Minhyuk ordered a slice of raspberry cheesecake and an iced americano.

I couldn't stop looking at Minhyuk as he ate. I had missed him a lot since he didn't go to school for the whole week.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked. I looked down flustered. "You didn't miss me did you?' he asked jokingly.

How did he know??? "N-no..." I replied, not at all convincingly.

"Aww... I was hoping that you missed me." he pouted.

I was surprised. "Why?" I asked cautiously.

"Because that would mean that you've been thinking of me all week. Even if you didn't miss me, I missed you." He said and he stood up to leave.

"Wait what!??" I must have heard wrong. I chased after him as we power walked towards the next destination of our 'date'.


I was exhausted from running around with Minhyuk. After a long day at school, I was forced to 'exercise'. After the dessert shop, we just walked around city. It doesn't seem like Minhyuk actually planned anything, which was strange because he should have planned out the date if he was going to do the test run. But I didn't question him about it.

After lots of window shopping, Minhyuk and I decided to stroll in a nearby park. It was peaceful and the sunlight streaming in through the trees made it... romantic. Suddenly, I felt something grab my hand. I looked down and saw Mnhyuk's hand in mine. I looked at him, surprised. I felt my face heat up, but then again, it was an extremely hot day... I tried to give Minhyuk a questionning face but he was looking away, pretending like nothing happened.

We shouldn't take this too far. I pulled my hand away and saw Minhyuk give me a look of horror. However, I just pretended like I was annoyed. An awkward silence came over us for a few moments.

I spun around on my heels and stared at Minhyuk in the eye. He stopped in his tracks, looking at me puzzled.

"Look, Minhyuk. We've gone on the date, so can I go home now?" I said.

"Why? Weren't you having fun?"

"I guess so? It doesn't seem like you planned the date but I think she'll have fun. Now that I've gone on your test date, I'm. Going. Home." I said, sternly.

Without letting him say another word, I turned around, annoyed.

"Who said this was a test date?" I heard Minhyuk say.



 

A/N: I'm so sorry that I've been away for three months! I have no other excuse other than overseas holiday, school, and pure laziness. Enjoy this chapter (that I was having a lot of trouble writing because I seriously had no ideas)  I will try to update soon :P

 

Image result for minhyuk monsta x