This Minhyuk

Controlling the Stars

​English will be in purple.


"Hey! Ye-eun! HEY!"

I jumped when I heard a sharp voice call out to me. I turn to my right and saw Amber looking at me, slightly annoyed.

"Why do you keep staring at your phone?" she asked.

"No reason." I looked away, flustered. I couldn't tell her I was waiting for Minhyuk's phone call. The shy one. It would make me sound so desperate.

"Hey!" A blonde figure popped in front of my face. Here's the loud one. "What were you guys talking about?"

"She's really distracted today. She was like this all through period 1, period 2, and recess. Just spaced out." Amber said to Minhyuk about me.

Bringggggg..... I jumped once again when the bell rang. All conversations were stopped as soon as Mrs Kim, the chemistry teacher, walked in. She is one scary teacher. A few years ago, she was suspended from the school because she threw a chair at a student. She has an extremely short temper.

The class went by peacefully and thankfully, no chairs were thrown. Then, in the middle of class, ringggggg!!!. Crap. My phone went off. I checked the name and it read, Kang Minhyuk. Oh no. Doesn't he have class too? I quickly ended the call but it was too late. The whole class was staring at me and Mrs Kim was glaring a hole through me.

"GET. OUT." I flinched as she yelled at me.

I walked out shamefully, feeling the eyes of everyone in the class on my back. Ugh.


I was sitting in the cafeteria with my head on the table when Amber and Minhyuk found me.

"I can't believe you didn't put your phone on silent." Amber scolded me.

"I can't believe she didn't throw a chair at you." Minhyuk said.

"Yah!" I glared at him.

"Just joking!" he laughed.

After we finished lunching, I jumped up.

"Where are you going?" Amber asked, surprised at my sudden movement.

"Probably going to see her boyfriend." Minhyuk joked.

"No I'm not!" And I ran away with my cheeks burning red.

Minhyuk was left confused because of my strong refusal. "What's with her?"

"Maybe she really does have a boyfriend." Amber shrugged.


I went to a secluded place in the school, more specifally, the third floor abandoned classroom. I pulled out my phone and dialed Minhyuk's number.

"Hello?" a gentle voice spoke from the other side of the line.

"You called?" I said.

"And you didn't pick up."

"I was in the middle of class and was sent out because my phone went off."

"Omigosh! I'm so sorry!"

"Didn't you have class?"

"It was lunchtime at my school."

"Ohhh! What did you need?"

"Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yes." My heart was beating faster.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me tomorrow since it's Saturday?"

"Sure!"

"Great!" I could hear a bell ring faintly. "Sorry. I have to go now. I'll text you the details. See you tomorrow!"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The call ended but my heart couldn't stop racing. You may think I'm overeacting but the truth is, I've never gone on a date before. Sure, I've been asked out a couple of times but I always ran away from the situation. This time, I'm determined not to run away from what I might have with Minhyuk though. Man up, Christina.


School ended but I decided to stay back to study. I have a test soon and it was for Korean class so I really needed to study.

"Study? What even is study???" Minhyuk whined when he heard my plans.

"Oh, come on. Korean isn't her first language. She needs to study." Amber said to Minhyuk. Then, she turned to me. "Don't worry, I'll help you."

"Like you'll be much help. Korean isn't your first language either!" Minhyuk rebutted.

"Then why don't you stay back and help us then?" Amber asked.

"No! In order for me to be able to study, I need snacks. Lots of it and the study hall has a no food policy."

"Then we're all stuffed for the test."

"Why me too?"

"Because even though Korean is your first language, I doubt you're smart enough to pass."

"Are you implying that I'm dumb?"

"Why don't you prove me wrong then?"

I could feel the sparks in between their eyes.

"I have an idea! Let's study at Ye-eun's house." Amber proposed.

"Good idea! Let's go!" Minhyuk agreed.

"I'm glad we agreed on one thing." Amber replied.

They started walking off towards the front gate.

"Wait! Don't I get a say in this? Hey!"


 Next thing I knew, Amber and Minhyuk were in my car, chattering away excitedly. I don't even know how they convinced me to let them come over to my house.

"Remind me why we're going to my house?" I asked, annoyed.

"Well, my parents are at home and my dad forgot about an anniversary so I think there's going to be a big argument. I don't think it would be a good idea to go to my house." Amber replied.

"And my house is a mess. My parents are rarely home so I basically live there by myself. We don't have maids to clean up like you rich people do." Minhyuk added.

"Right. Wait. So you don't come from a rich family? No offence." I asked.

"No. The principal owed my dad a favour. That's how I got into the school."

The car pulled up in front of a large golden gate.

"Woah..." both Amber and Minhyuk were awestruck.

"How rich are you? Not even my house is this big." Amber was shocked.

"It's like a castle. Do you really live here?" Minhyuk said.

The gates open and the car drove along the driveway. The driveway was a roundabout that lead to the front door and back to the front entrance. In front of the house was a large garden with a fountain in the middle of the roundabout. It was similar to the school's fountain. The garden was decorated with various plants and statues. The house was more of a mansion than a castle. I haven't finished counting how many rooms there were and I refused to be given the answer until I managed to finish exploring my house. Basically, it looked like this:

"Do you have a pool?" Minhyuk asked.

"Yea. Don't you?" I asked, confused.

Minhyuk shot me a look that said 'seriously?' and went back to gaping at the house.

Wei opens the door for us and we all got out.

"Well, then. Let's go inside. What are you waiting for?" I was already at the front door while the other two was just standing still, frozen in spot. They heard me calling to them and ran to the front door too.

I opened the door and two rows of maids and butlers stood, waiting for me.

"Welcome home from school, Miss Seon. Welcome hounoured guests to our humble home." they all said in unison. This earned another 'woah' from my two friends.

"Thank you. You can get back to work now. Yu Jeong, could you please get us some snacks? We'll be in the library." I dismissed the servants.

"Of course, miss." she replied. All of the servants gave another bow and left to continue their work.

"Let's go to the library." I said to the Amber and Minhyuk.

I lead them to the third floor, where the library was. The library had a varied collection of books. My whole family's books were all in here. Since we were all interested in different genres, you could find anything about everything in here.

We sat down at one of the tables in the library and Amber and I started to set out our homework. At some point, Minhyuk snuck away to explore the library. Aishh~ That sneaky boy.

20 minutes later...

Yu Jeong came in and left snacks on the table. Immediately after that, we heard running footsteps coming towards us.

Hyper Minhyuk ran straight towards the snack tray. He grabbed a bag of chips, slumped into a nearbly chair and propped his feet on the table.

"Feet. Off. The. Table." I said, fuming. "Did you come here just to eat snacks?"

"Basically, yes." he replied.

"Why don't you help us?"

"Because he's not smart enough to." Amber teased.

"I so am. Give me that." Minhyuk said and grabbed my Korean notebook.

For the next hour or so, Minhyuk helped us with our work. As well as making Amber admit that he is not dumb.

"Hey, how do you this?" I asked Minhyuk.

Minhyuk walked around the table and leant over me. His breath on my neck made me shiver. I looked at him, ready to tell him off for getting too close. But he was really too close. When I turned my head, my lips were only a few centimetres from his cheek. My cheeks started to burn. I've never seen him so serious before. Seeing this contrast to his normal personality made my heart flutter. Before I knew it, Minhyuk turned to look at me too. Our lips just a breath away.

"Are you listening to me?" Minhyuk asked, annoyed.

"Huh? ... Oh! Yes! Yea..." I stuttered.

"You two love birds, just get a room. Gosh..." Amber said, disgusted.

"Shut up!" I said.


Another hour passed without incident. I avoided eye contact with Minhyuk at all cost and jumped everytime he said something. I acted totally normal.

We were at the front door. Amber and Minhyuk was about to leave when... Bzzz... Bzzz... I got a message. I pulled out my phone and before I could check the message, Minhyuk grabbed my phone and ran away. I was going to wait until he gets bored and return it to me but then I remembered. The other Minhyuk, Kang Minhyuk, was going to send me details about our date. Oh no.

"Hey! Give that back!" I yelled.

"Why? Is it from your boyfriend?" Minhyuk laughed.

I ran towards him. But before I could reach him, he checked the message and his face drooped.

"Oh. It is? Haha... That's so funny. He has the same name as me..." Minhyuk forced a laugh.

I grabbed my phone angrily. "It's my personal business. You can't just check someone else's messages." I stormed back to my house, saying a rough goodbye to Amber as I passed.


~Lee Minhyuk POV~

At the library...

I turned my head around and saw her looking at me. We were so close to each other. I've never been so close to a girl before. What am I thinking? Speaking of which, I wonder what I'm having for dinner today. I can't wait to go home. Oh yea! Was she even listening to what I said? I worked my brain so hard to explain this to her. Ye-eun and Amber both owe me one.

At the front of the house, ready to go home...

Ye-eun just got a message. She seems so vulnerable right now. It would be fun to a little bit.

I ran and took her phone. I turned around and laughed when I saw her angry face. Suddenly, she chased me. Why is she so urgently trying to get her phone back? Normally, she would just ignore me. What's so important about this message?

I check the message and saw a name: Kang Minhyuk. Followed by a plan for a date tomorrow. I guess she really does have a boyfriend.

She grabs the phone and goes back into the house, clearly angry at me. My heart felt a little painful. I wonder why. She'll forgive my teasing by tomorrow anyway. What am I getting so worked up about? Oh well.



A/N: Yayyyy! I updated! I've been procrastinating with my school work. That's not a good thing but I wrote this chapter instead so yay for productivity. What do you think about the story so far? See you at the next chapter! ;)