Crushed

Controlling the Stars

English will be in purple.


"Hey Amber. I just need to talk to you about something. Wanna come over?"

I just invited Amber over to my house. I couldn't sleep last night. After I parted with Minhyuk, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Ugh.

Just then, my bedroom door opened and Amber walked in.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"15 minutes ago. I had to show my ID to your guards, plus, your driveway is longggggg. You should get a buggy or something to take guests to your front door. I've done enough exercise for today." Amber complained.

I tried to pay attention to Amber but my mind wandered off. She's my girlfriend. Kyah! Stop thinking about that!

I slapped my hand and Amber jumped at my sudden movement.

"Gosh. If you wanted me to stop talking, then you should've just said so." Amber slumped onto my bed. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I had trouble sleeping last night. The truth is... I hung out with Minhyuk yesterday and..." I hesitated. "Nevermind."

"DON'T NEVERMIND ME. YOU DID NOT CALL ME ALL THE WAY OUT HERE JUST TO SAY NEVERMIND."

"Sorry! Calm down. I think that... who's there?"

I heard a shuffle at the door, and my bedroom door opened. My older brother peeped around the door timidly.

"I brought snacks." he said shyly.

"Ok. Thanks. Just put them down there." I pointed at the table that was next to the window.

"Oh my gosh! You're Ye-eun's brother? Are you her younger brother? You're so adorable!" Amber was about to pinch his cheeks.

"I'm her older brother. I'm four years older than her." Sunyoul said, smiling sheepishly.

Amber immediately pulled her hands away and dropped into a deep bow. "Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be rude."

"That's okay! It happens often." he smiled warmly at her.

"Don't worry. You're just baby-faced. I mean, at least she didn't mistake you for a girl." I tried to comfort him.

Sunyoul gave me a glare that turned out looking like he was a sulking toddler. I struggled to hold in my laughter.

"Pfttt...."

"Hey! Why are you laughing at me?" he pouted. "Anyway, just pretend like I'm not here and continue with your conversation."

Oh right. I asked Amber over to talk about Minhyuk. But boys isn't a topic that my brother and I discuss about.

There was a silence as my brother crossed the room to put down the plate of snacks. Not a word was spoken even when he returned to the door.

"Nice talk, you two... I'll be off now." With that, he left the room and closed the door behind him.

I stayed slient for a few minutes....

"Could you maybe leave?" I shouted at the door.

After a thump and fading footsteps, I was finally sure that my brother was gone.

"So back to business. You hung out with Minhyuk yesterday and?" Amber looked at me curiously.

"Well, I bumped into Minhyuk." I explained.

Amber looked confused. "You hung out with Minhyuk but bumped into him?"

"Oh right. Sorry. The second Minhyuk was the one I had that bad date with."

"Ohhhh. And what happened next? Hold on. Before we continue, let's make our characters clear. Our Minhyuk will be called Blondie and the other one can be called rich one."

"Characters? This is not a storybook, Amber."

"It just makes things easier. Go on."

"Fine."

I explained the details of what happened in the confrontation of the two Minhyuks.

"And then he said that he wouldn't give up on me and left."

Amber began to applaud and 'oooohhhh'ed. She stopped immediately when I glared at her.

"And is there a point to this story?"

I hesitated. "Well... I haven't been able to get it out of my head. More sprecifically, I can't seem to get Blondie out of my head. Why???"

"You already know, don't you?" Amber raised an eyebrow.

I knew but I didn't want to believe it. After 5 minutes, I finally accepted my feelings.

"I have a crush on Lee Minhyuk." I sighed. Never in my life would I have thought that I would fall for him.

"Finally!!! I've been waiting for this day!" Amber exclaimed.

"What?" I was puzzled.

"Well... I kind of shipped you guys. I know he's way too hyper for your liking but preferences can change, right?" Amber shrugged.

Suddenly, my door swung and a boy landed on the floor in a thud. Who else would it be but by lovely brother, Sunyoul.

He saw Amber and I staring at him and he tried to act casual.

"Hiiiii... I was just passing through?" he said while scratching his head in embarassment.

"How much of that did you hear?" I demanded.

"Um... from the Minhyuk encounter to your love confession?"

"DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT PRIVACY MEANS?"  I yelled at him.

"I'm sorry! But I'm your older brother! I deserve to know what's been going on in your life." he complained

"Well... there's something you can do called asking." I tried not to raise my voice again.

"But you never tell me anything! Especially not your love life!" he whined.

"That's not something sibings talk about!" I shouted.

He pouted and I immediately felt bad about yelling at him.

"Oh gosh. Stop that. I'm sorry,okay?" I apologised.

He just his heel and 'stormed' out.

"Is he really older than you?" Amber asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Anywayyyyyyy... Are you going to tell him about your feelings?"

"No!"

"Awww... You should! Ask him out!" she urged.

"I'll think about it." I said. And I really will think about it.


Monday, luchtime at school...

"Go tell him now!" Amber whispered to me. Minhyuk was having lunch with us at the cafeteria.

"Not now! Everyone can hear us!" I whispered back.

Suddenly, Minhyuk stood up and started to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Oh! I'm just meeting up with a friend from one of my classes. They said it'll be quick. I'll be right back." he said and then got up and left.

I felt restless when he left. Amber looked at me.

"What are you waiting for? Go after him!" Amber said to me. "Do I have to tell you what to do everytime?"

"I'll be back." I said and I ran after him.

I heard Amber shout a 'good luck' as I left.


I swear he went this way. I walked through the school's garden.

"I've just been feeling differently about you recently, Minhyuk." a female voice said.

Minhyuk? I followed the voice and saw Minhyuk with a beautiful brunette. What is he doing with her? I hid behind a bush to listen in. Not strange. At all.

"The truth is... I'm in love with you! Will you go out with me?" she exclaimed.

I gasped and immediately covered my mouth. Hopefully, they didn't hear me.

"Um... I don't really feel the same way. I'm sorry." he ruffles his hair in awkwardness. His eyes averted away from her.

"Just give me a chance. Just one date?" she pleaded.

"Hmmm... ok." he gave her one of his signature smiles.

I can't believe that after I finally accept my feelings, he gets taken away by another girl! I hate this so much. I got up and left.


I completely ignored Minhyuk during class and went straight home when the bell rang. I needed some time to myself so I went to one of my favourite cafe's in the city. It was a cat cafe.

When I opened the door, there was a little ding of the bell that signalled my arrival. Immediately after, two cats went straight up to me and started to rub against my legs. I bent down and pet them on the head.

A waitress came up to me. "Welcome to the cat cafe. Will it just be you today?"

"Oh yes." I answered.

She raised an eyebrow at me but she didn't say anything as she led me to an empty table in a corner. Since this is a hotspot for dates, she probably found it strange that I came here alone.

"Here's the menu. Please press that button if you would like to order or if you need any help." she smiled at me as she gestured to the button against the wall.

I thanked her and started to flip through the menu. Suddenly, an orange-marmalade cat jumped up onto my lap, curled up and began to sleep. I smiled as I thought about how adorable it was, just like Minhyuk. Ugh. I have to stop thinking about him.

Bzzzzzzz..... A text message?

Minhyuk: Hey! Where r u? I didn't get to say bye to you today. :( Were you in a hurry? If you're free, I need to talk to you about something. :)))))

I really didn't want to see him now. But I'm sure it will be quick. Meh. It doesn't matter if we meet up. Nothing's going to happen anyway.

Me: I'm at the cat cafe near the school.

Immediately, a reply came

Minhyuk: I'll be there! :)))))

I sighed. I might as well order while I wait.


I sipped on my hot chocolate as I waited for Minhyuk to arrive.

"YE-EUN!!!!" I heard the voice of an extremely hyper person. At the same time, I was so shocked that I burnt my lip drinking the hot chocolate.

"Ow!!! Shhh!!! Don't be so loud! You'll disturb the cats." I said in a hushed voice.

"Sorry... omg are you okay?" he attempted to speak softly.

He walked straight up to me and put his face right in front of mine. He stared at my lips intently.

"W-what are you doing??" flustered, I pushed him away.

"Gee.. you didn't have to push me away." he sounded hurt. "I was just trying to see how bad your injury was."

"Sorry. I just burnt myself with the hot chocolate. It's no big deal."

"Ok~" his cheerful self came back as he sat on the chair opposite to me.

"So what did you need to talk about?" I sipped my hot chocolate again and tried to act normally. I was sure it was because he saw me when that girl was confessing to him.

"So today..." he started to speak really shyly. "A girl told me that she kinda liked me..."

"I'm sure she does." I spat the words out. I hate the fact that he's speaking about her like that.

He looked at me confused, then continued his story. "Well. We decided to go on a date and everything... So this is where you come in..."

He hesitated.

"What is it?" I urged, still annoyed.

"Well..." He looked me straight in the eye. "Will you go out with me?"

"WHATT??????"


A/N: Why is Minhyuk asking her out??? Well, it's right in the middle of the two exam weeks and I still updated. I am totally not pracrastinating... I was in class typing this up since I had some free time. So yay. I suddenly got a burst of inspiration so I had to write while I had ideas. What do you think about the story so far? :)