That Minhyuk

Controlling the Stars

English will be in purple.


It was the day of the date and I was waiting for Minhyuk outside of Caffe Bene. I was wearing a lacy shirt and a black skirt.

Even though it took me forever to pick out my outfit, I got here 30 minutes earlier than our meeting time. I just couldn't sit still at home. I began pacing around in front of the cafe as the time for us to meet grew near.

"Ye-eun!" I heard a voice call out to me. I turned and saw Kang Minhyuk running towards me excitedly.

"Did you wait very long?" he asked.

"No! Not at all! Hahaha...." I look away, embarrassed.

He looked me up and down.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I don't think you should be wearing such a short skirt."

"Oh! I'm sorry." I apologised but I was a little hurt because I put so much effort into choosing this outfit. I was hoping he would compliment me a little. I mean, the skirt isn't even that short!

"I'll let it go today. Do you want to order something to drink and walk around?" he asked.

"Sure." I said.

We sat down after ordering at the counter. Even though the cafe was extremely noisy, an awkward silence between us hung in the air.

Thankfully the waiter came to give us our drinks. I ordered a Choc Chip Frappeno and Minhyuk ordered a hot Chai Latte. I take note of this for future references.

"Let's go." he said.

We left the cafe and started walking around aimlessly. Well, I thought it was aimless because I'm not familiar with Seoul yet. I was just following Minhyuk. Occasionally, we would stop by a shop and take a look inside. Personally, I wanted to run into every toy shop and go crazy but I didn't want Minhyuk to think that I was childish. So I just take note of all the toy stores I pass by.

Finally, it was lunch time. And I was starving. Coincidentally (or not), we were at a part of town that was full of restaurants.

"Are you hungry?" asked Minhyuk, grinning.

"Yes!" I replied.

He dragged me into a restaurant. It turns out, he made reservations for us to have lunch here. After we were seated, I observe my surroundings. We were in an extremely classy restaurant. Classical music was playing in the background and the chandeliers shone brightly even though it was midday. I was used to going to restaurants like this. This is actually quite casual compared to the other restaurants I've been. I looked out the window and the view was beautiful. It overlooked Han River and I could see... LEE MINHYUK? I saw the noisy Minhyuk pacing around outside the restaurant. He saw me and waved. Oh gosh. I pretended not to see him but he waved even more obviously."

I got up. "Um... I'll be right back." I said hurriedly.

"Maybe you should order first."

"Oh! I'll get the roast duck risotto, please!" I said and ran out.

I leave the restaurant and hide around a corner. I made sure that I was out of Kang Minhyuk's line of sight so that he won't be able to see me if he looks out the window. I peeked around the corner and half-whispered, half-shouted out to Lee Minhyuk.

"Hey!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. "Minhyuk!"

After a couple of tries, Minhyuk finally noticed me.

"HEY!" he shouted excitedly when he saw me.

"Shh!!! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." he apologised.

"Huh?" he must be talking about when he took my phone. "That's it? You could have just apologised to me at school."

"Well... I was also feeling really restless at home for some reason. I remembered from the message that you were coming here for lunch. So I came."

"Oh... Well... I have to go now."

"Ok. I'll see you at school." he said and left with a bounce in his step.

I watched him leave and returned to the restaurant. Minhyuk was waiting patiently, staring out of the window. He saw me return and smiled at me.

"You're back?" he asked.

"Yes. I'm so sorry for leaving so abruptly. I remembered I had something I had to take care of."

"That's ok." he said but he looked bothered.

Once again, silence enveloped us. I couldn't handle this awkwardness. I couldn't wait till this date is over.


Next Monday...

"So how was your date?" Amber asked.

"What? How did you-" I started.

"Minhyuk told me."

"Oh... It was okay."

I remembered back to the end of the date. After the lunch, Minhyuk was called in to his father's company. We exchanged goodbyes and he left, saying that he'd call me.

I sighed. "It wasn't that great actually. No offence to him, though. I have to admit it was a little boring. We just walked around and ate at a restaurant."

"Ok. Who paid?" she asked, like it was the most important question in the world.

"He did." I replied. Obviously, I did "the check dance". I insisted on paying but he ended up paying the bill.

"Keep him." she said.

"Hey! Money isn't everything." I rebutted.

"Calm down. I'm joking. If you don't like him, then just reject him."

"It's not like I don't like him. He's just not a really interesting person..."

"Why don't you want to turn him down?" Amber asked.

"He's kind of my father's business partner's son?"

"Oooooo. That's difficult."

"Yea."

"Well, you're on your own on this one." she said as she turned away from me.

"Hey!"

"Just joking! Gosh, you're easy to tease."

Just then, the hyper Minhyuk comes running into the classrooms and towards us.

"I'M NOT LATE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! TAKE THAT UNIVERSE!"

Ugh. Making such a ruckus so early in the morning.

"What are you guys talking about?" he asked.

"Nothing much." Amber said. "Ye-eun was telling me about the amaaaaazing date she went olast Saturday."

"Was not." I said.

"It looked pretty good to me. That's restaurant was super high class." Minhyuk agreed.

"The date was a little boring. Stop trying to say otherwise, Amber." I said, tired of dealing with both of them.

The teacher walks in. Right before the teacher started talking, Minhyuk grinned at me and joked. "Maybe you should go on a date with me. Try it out with different Minhyuks, you know? Hehe."

He was joking but I felt my heart flutter a little. It was a joke, right?


I was hanging around my father's office after school because I was bored. Thankfully, my father hadn't caught word about my date with Kang Minhyuk. If he did, he'd be fussing over what a perfect couple we are. Since I met Kang Minhyuk, my father kept complimenting him. I knew he was trying to make me like him. He kept hinting to me that we would be great together.

I looked at the time. It was 4 o'clock. I'm really bored. I'm going to go home.

I walked out of the office and suddenly, a blonde man ran past me and a tight grip on my arm started to pull me away. Am I being kidnapped?! I was about to scream but I looked carefully at my kidnapper and saw Lee Minhyuk smiling brightly at me.

"I'M BORED! LET'S HANG OUT!" and he flashed his signature grin at me.


A/N: HAVE YOU HEARD ALL IN BY MONSTA X??? It's reallyyyyy good. I'm going to get the album! ^^