Seoul

Controlling the Stars

Conversation in English will be in purple:)


 

"Yah Ye-eun!!!" A faint voice called out. Then, I felt myself being shaken violently. I opened my eyes against the harsh sunlight that has infiltrated my luxurious bedroom. As I squinted, I could see the blurry outline of my older brother, Seon Ye In.

"Go away, oppa... Let me sleep for 5 more minutes..." I said in protest to my brother, who has pulled the blanket off me.

"Unless you want to miss breakfast, I suggest you wake up right now. You only have 20 more minutes to get ready for school." He replied, then left after giving me a few more shakes.

"School? What school?" I mumbled to myself. I bolted up as I realise that it's my first day of school that day.

I, Seon Ye-Eun, was Australian. Although my (step-)father was Korean and my mother was Chinese, I have spent 15 years in Australia since I was born. I prefer to say I'm Australian. I was a very well off girl. No shame in admitting that. My father was the CEO of HHS electronics, an extremely big company in Korea. My mother was also a CEO, of a famous online cosmetic brand called Starlight. My mother moved to Australia when she was in her 20s, got married and gave birth to me shortly after her late husband's death . Soon after, she met my (step-)father while he was on a business trip to Australia. They fell in love and got married. My father had a son who was 4 years older than me. They decided to stay in Australia with my mother. Somehow, he managed to take care of the company while living overseas, although, he had to make regular trips to Korea to make sure everything was in order. My father was fluent in English, through his desire to one day expand his business overseas and my mother was also fluent as she grew up with an English speaking family and also went to university in America. My brother was also influenced by his father to learn English. And I grew up learnt both English and Korean, as well as other languages like Chinese, French, etc.

My family decided to move to Korea after my father found an opportunity to expand his already big business. He said that the only way he can confidently do that is to move back to Korea and spend all his hours making sure everything is all set for the company to go forward with their plans. My brother was excited to go back and my mother was open to change. I was left with no choice but to follow. But of course, I would not leave without first spending time with my precious friends like I only had hours to live.

I got up from bed and got ready at lightning speed. Breakfast was a meal I did not want to miss. Or any meals for that matter. As I went downstairs, I  saw that my father had already left for work and my mother was making breakfast. My brother, Ye In, or Sunyoul (as he prefers it), was lounging in the living room since he didn't have any morning classes. He's in his second year of college now. I downed my breakfast of blueberry pancakes and rushed out the door. I saw my driver waiting for me, holding the door open as I nears the car.

"Good morning!" I greeted chirpily.

The driver, whose name was Wei, stared at me blankly. Then it hit me. This was Korea. I should be speaking Korean.

Itried again, saying good morning in Korean, finally earning a deep bow from Wei.

The drive to school was silent and but the opposite of boring. Since I was new around here, I enjoyed looking at the unfamiliar roads and buildings and trying to memorise the way to school. Just the fact that I'm starting school in March was enough to throw me off since school started in January back in Australia. I was also in love with the school uniform. I had uniforms in Australia too, sure, but I had always preferred Asian fashion. I smiled as I stared down at my Summer uniform. It was a creme pleated skirt and a white, short sleeved business shirt. The look was complete with a choice of either a blue tie or a blue/black ribbon tied around the collar, in which I opted for the ribbon. It's cuter that way.

As I neared the school, I began to see large groups of students walking towards one direction (and one student with a panic stricken look on his face running the opposite direction, who probably forgot something at home). My driver pulled up beside the school and proceeded to exit the car and open my  car door. Wei left promptly after wishing me a good day. I looked up and saw my school. A stereotypical private school. I was welcomed by the sight of a large white building, where all the students were entering. Before the building was a big garden, with a fountain, excitedly spurting water into the sky. The garden was filled with a variety of flowers and trees, the colours all producing a magnificent scene. Picnic areas littered the grassy areas here and there. 

Since I was not familiar with anyone and did not want to stand out, I moved quickly towards the big building, blending in with the chattering students all around me. 

 


A/N: This is my first time writing a fanfic but I really enjoyed writing it. First of all, sorry for the long history lesson about Ye-eun. I thought it might get confusing later so might as well just get over with it now right? Second of all, I haven't introduced the main guys yet!!! Don't kill meeee... I swear they are coming in the next chapter. Finally, I tend to go off topic and end up going off about one topic, leading to unnecarily long explanations as you can tell by the long author's note. Please be patient as a new chapter will (hopefully) be up soon. Thanks for reading!!!! And feel free to leave comments and give some feed back.