First Day

I Must Be Crazy

Dahyun gasped as she heard a loud noise of the digital alarm clock on the bedside table. She half-opened her eyes to check the time only to find out that it's too early in the morning. She wonders who did set her alarm that early and then turned it off. She crawled into her bed to sleep again but then jolted when she heard her brother shouting outside her room, trying to break down the door.

"Dahyun! Wake up!" Jaebum yelled while banging on the door.

What's with him? Dahyun rolled over and put the pillow over her head so she can't hear her brother's annoying voice.

"You'll be late for the first day of school!" He warned that makes Dahyun jumped out of her bed "Oh my!" she shrieked and run towards the bathroom.

She forgot that summer ended already and today is the first day of school. What she did the whole summer was to marathon an anime series all night and used to wake up so late. After fixing herself, Dahyun raced downstairs and saw her mom cleaning the table.

"Where is Jaebum-oppa?" she asked while eyes wandered around the house.

"Your brother left already" her mom said as she walked toward the sink to wash the dishes. "I told him to wait for you but he complained he's going to be late"

How sweet. Now she has no choice but to take a crowded bus going to school since her brother left her already, riding his brand new bicycle.

"Okay, I'm leaving too" Dahyun quickly wear her shoes and run out the door.

Dahyun arrived at school on time before the guard closes the gate. She must be thankful to the bus driver who drove so fast that she didn't even know if she will still arrive to her destination or straight to heaven.

As she entered the school building, Dahyun hurriedly looking in her room when someone wearing a creepy mask jumped in front of her, causing her to almost fell on the ground.

"Hahaha!" His laugh is loud enough to catch the attention of all the students even the teacher around them in the hallway.

Taehyung. She sighed and glares at him. Just by the sound of his voice makes her day darker.

"Good morning!" he greeted in exuberant voice.

Taehyung is her brother's best friend since grade school. They are super close that there were times when Taehyung seems like already part of their family that he can just go in and out in their house. Sometimes he stayed almost a week, sleep and eat with them. No worries to both of her parents and Taehyung's parents as they knew each other as well. So if you see Jaebum around, expect Taehyung to be there too and vise versa.

Weirdo is the best word to describe Taehyung. Even though she's hesitant to admit it but he is absolutely good looking that is why there are few girls who has a crush on him in school and sending him love letters secretly but they didn't even know the true nature of the person they're admiring so she is actually feel bad for those girls.

Taehyung and his family went on vacation in Japan that's why her life was in peace this whole summer. But now that he's back she needs to deal with his mischievousness personality again.

She rolled her eyes "What's so good in this morning?" Seeing you? She wants to add.

"Where's Jaebum?"

"Am I my brother's keeper?"

He stands up straight and moved closer to her, making her a little bit anxious. He used his hand and arm as a leveling stick to measure her height and compare her to him. He shook his head and chuckled. "No improvement at all."

Dahyun expressed her annoyance by treading on his toes hard and made him scream in pain then she walks pass him.

"You little fat witch!"

She stopped in her tracks and looked at him in grimace "What did you just call me?"

"Little fat witch! Did you already forget your nickname?" He smirked.

"Yeah and you're a weirdo! A pathetic psycho –"

Taehyung suddenly covered her face with his big hand to stop her from ranting. She quickly shoved his hand away from her face and pulls out a handkerchief from her pocket and rubs off her face. Disgusting!

"I'm not here to argue with you, okay?" he said calmly.

Excuse me, who did it first?

He ped his bag pack and slowly pulls out something inside, his eyes narrowed and his lips were pulled into a thin line as he stared at her. Weird as always. She mumbled to herself.

"Here!" Taehyung grabs her hand and passed a small box to her. "Souvenir from Tokyo."

Dahyun opened the box and amazed as she saw a cherry blossom water globe with its pink petal showers enveloping a miniature cherry tree. It's so pretty. She looked at him to say thank you but before a words came out.

"It's from mom, okay" He said nonchalantly and then leaves.

She shrugs and continues her way heading to her class.

Chaeyoung happily waved at her as she arrived.

Chaeyoung has a cold exterior that drives other students away with the epitome of a "tough little girl". She doesn't talk that much except when Dahyun is with her. She doodling in her notebook most of the time and no one dares to disturb when she's in her "lone wolf" state.

"How's your summer yo?" Dahyun greeted and sat on top of her table.

Chaeyoung laughed at Dahyun's gesture and tell her all the happenings in their family trip in Jeju but then she lost her focus of what Chaeyoung is saying when Jungkook entered the room.