Date?

The Boy in the Neon Green Rain Poncho

Mr. Oh sat on the table by the kitchen eating his meal when he saw Sehun walk out in a suit, minus the tie. Sehun walked all the way to the door where he stopped and walked back to his room. Ten minutes later Sehun walked by again, he was wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt; he walked half way and went back to the room. He walked out again, this time wearing dress pants and a long sleeves button shirt. He went out of the apartment and not a minute later came back in.

 

Mr. Oh smiled.

 

“Just wear something normal.”

 

Sehun nodded while taking a deep breath before going back to his room.

 

 

Luhan was waiting in front of the dry cleaning shop. He was looking at the sky hoping it wouldn’t rain. Sehun came out wearing jeans and a grey sweater.

 

“What took you so long?”

 

Luhan protested.

 

“Wardrobe malfunction. Let’s go.”

 

Sehun answered.

 

They made it to the cinema and Sehun insisted on buying popcorn and drinks.

 

“You did not came to the movies if you don’t have popcorn.”

 

Sehun answered when Luhan kept complaining.

 

 

Sehun had chosen an action comedy film. A lot of people were laughing and Luhan was enjoying the movie. Sehun, however couldn’t tell what was happening. He had been friends with Luhan for a while now but he kept stealing glances at the other. He was enthralled. He was enjoying seeing all the changes in Luhan’s expressions. The way his mouth hanged open when he was immersed in the plot, the way his chin disappeared when he laughed really hard and the way his eyes grew bigger when he was impressed by the action scenes. This was much more interesting that whatever the movie was about.

 

 

“Thank you for inviting me. It’s been so long since I came to the movies.”

 

Luhan told Sehun when they came out of the movies.

 

“Ah it’s nothing. Otherwise they would have gone to waste.”

 

“I still don’t understand why your father didn’t want to come.”

 

Sehun looked the other way afraid to give anything out.

 

“Why don’t we go have a drink?”

 

“Ah, I don’t know. Maybe it would be best to go home. It is a bit late.”

 

“Why? Oh come on, we won’t drink much. I’ll buy.”

 

“No, you already paid for this. We better just go home.”

 

“Fine, go home. I’m going to drink. If I happen to get drunk and sleep in a gutter is on you.”

 

Sehun took advantage of his long legs and stepped forward.

 

“Yah! Sehun. Oh Sehun!”

 

Luhan reached Sehun who stopped and turned to look at his friend.

 

“Why don’t you want to have a drink? Is it because of money?”

 

Sehun asked and Luhan let out a sigh.

 

“I’m your friend and your business partner, you can tell me anything,”

 

Sehun prompted once more.

 

“I’m running a little short right now. I ended up spending all my savings in my mother’s wedding and I sent them some money last week so yeah I’m trying to spend only what’s necessary.”

 

“Luhan you don’t need to keep sending them money. They have more than you. Your mom just married a doctor!”

 

“No, I don’t want other people to carry my responsibilities.”

 

They stayed silent for a moment and Sehun put his hands on Luhan’s shoulders.

 

“And what about you? When are you going to be responsible over yourself?” “It’s time for you to be happy. You want to expand your business right? Then stop.”

 

Sehun said. He almost bit his tongue as soon as he said it. He didn’t want to hurt Luhan or make him feel uncomfortable.

 

 

 

Luhan thought all night about what Sehun said. He was right but he didn’t quite know how to just stop sending money. He would feel really irresponsible. Maybe he could stop sending for a while until his business started getting money?

 

Luhan was walking down the stairs to his bicycle; he was wearing his neon green rain poncho since it was very cloudy.

 

“Hey Poncho! Do you want a ride?”

 

Luhan looked up and saw Sehun sitting in a scooter with a big box on the back and a pole with a hook. On the box it read “Clean Oh’s”.

 

“What’s this?”

 

Luhan asked.

 

“It was my dad’s. I asked if I could use it and he said yes. I had to fix it of course but it runs now.”

 

“And what is all this?”

 

Luhan signalled the box and pole on the back.

 

“Ah, it was for deliveries back when my grandfather had the shop and then when my dad first had it.”

 

“Clean Oh’s?”

 

“Yes, shameful I know. Please don’t tell that to anyone.”

 

“Why? I kind of like it. Is like you are speaking a foreign language. Clean Ohsss. Besides, is on your scooter, everyone will see it.”

 

“Just get on. I promise to take on the deliveries again for using it. And, we can use it for our business.”

 

Luhan got up behind Sehun.

 

“Luhan about yesterday, I’m sorry.”

 

“No, you were right. You are right.”

 

“Well, hold on tight.”

 

Luhan grabbed the box to keep him steady while Sehun worked on getting the scooter running.

 

“Oh and don’t hold the box is a bit loose.”

 

Luhan released the box and then put his hands around Sehun’s waist. Sehun was more than thrilled at this arrangement.

 

“Do you have a licence for this?”

 

“I… will get one.”

 

“What?!”

 

Sehun drove away not answering back. They went all around town in the scooter. It made their work much more easy and they even scored a few jobs since they had it now.

 

At night time Sehun drove Luhan home.

 

“Why is so late?”

 

Sehun complained.

 

“Well, you should have let me drove my bike to town.”

 

“You didn’t even complain!”

 

Luhan kept silent, that bit was true.

 

“Well, thank you for the ride. Good night.”

 

“What? Just like that? Is too late, I can’t go back now. I’ll probably fall asleep on the way home.”

 

Luhan thought for a moment.

 

“Do you want coffee?”

 

“Ok.”

 

Sehun went up with Luhan. As soon as they entered the room Luhan went to the kitchen and Sehun casually laid down on the mattress on the floor.

 

 

“Yah, don’t get too comfortable, here is your coffee.”

 

Luhan said after a while. 

 

“But I’m too sleepy. Just let me stay here.”

 

Sehun was acting like a brat hugging himself to the pillow and refusing to open his eyes.

 

“Don’t do that. You can’t stay here.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“What would people think if they saw another guy spending the night?”

 

“Luhan, people can’t see anything. You get here too late and leave too early. Besides, I’m your friend. Would you rather make me risk my life over other people’s opinions?”

 

Luhan let out a loud sigh.

 

“You will sleep on the floor.”

 

Luhan said as he pulled Sehun’s leg, successfully getting him off the mattress.

 

“I’m going to shower. You better drink that coffee since I already made it.”

 

Luhan took a shower and when he came out Sehun had already cleaned the mug and was resting with his back on the mattress and his legs on the floor.

 

Luhan sat down on the mattress.

 

“You don’t snore do you?”

 

Luhan asked but instead of an answer he felt Sehun’s arms wrapping around him.

 

“Thank you for letting me stay.”

 

Luhan froze in place as Sehun hugged him.

 

Luhan could only mumble as he laid on his bed, his back towards Sehun, not knowing what to do in the awkward situation.

 

Luhan fell asleep due to exhaustion but Sehun, with the aid of a cup of coffee stayed awake for a longer time; an utter feeling of happiness seeing Luhan next to him.

 

 

“I can give you a ride again.”

 

“No, I’ll take my bike.”

 

“Isn’t it weird?”

 

“No, why would it be?”

 

“Why go to all that trouble if I’m already here offering you a ride?”

 

“Oh please, I don’t even know if you are joking or not. Let go.”