Wedding Bells

The Boy in the Neon Green Rain Poncho

They arrived at the wedding hall. Everything was really fancy and intimidating. Luhan put the envelope with his wedding present in the designated box. There he said goodbye to all his savings.

 

Once the official ceremony was over they were left to roam and eat.

 

“I have to go to the bathroom. Will you be ok?”

 

Sehun asked Luhan.

 

“Yeah, I think I’ll survive a few minutes.”

 

Luhan said rolling his eyes.

 

 

Luhan looked around and decided to try some of the appetizers set for the guests.

 

“I wouldn’t eat that if I were you.”

 

Luhan heard someone say. When he turned around he saw a handsome man a few inches shorter than him.

 

“I’m pretty sure I saw someone run to the bathroom after they ate those.”

 

The man said to Luhan and he smiled.

 

“I’m Kim Minseok, but just call me Minseok.”

 

“I’m Luhan.”

 

“Are you with the bride or the groom?”

 

“Um, the bride. I’m her son.”

 

“Oh really? I’m with the groom. He was my professor in med school. Almost like a father as well.”

 

“Cool. So, what’s good here?”

 

Luhan pointed to the food.

 

“Um, I would probably wait to the actual dinner.”

 

They laughed.

 

“Forgive me, this looks recent. How did you get it?”

 

Minseok reached with his hand to the scar on Luhan’s forehead touching the skin there.

 

Luhan looked a bit shy and flustered.

 

“Ah, a piece of wood fell on me.”

 

 

Sehun came out of the bathroom and saw that Luhan was accompanied by another man who was touching his forehead. Just what the hell? He leaves for a minute and this happens?! Sehun walked to the two of them.

 

“Sorry I took long.”

 

Sehun put his hand on Luhan’s back momentarily making his presence known and sending a message to the new guy.

 

Minseok smiled and removed his hand from Luhan’s forehead.

 

“Well, I’m a plastic surgeon. Give me a call and I’ll fix it for you. That way you won’t have a scar in that pretty face.”

 

Minseok said as he produced a presentation card from his pocket.

 

“It was nice meeting you.”

 

Luhan said.

 

“The pleasure is all mine.”

 

Minseok said as he gave a nod and left.

 

“What the hell was that?”

 

Sehun asked.

 

“Kim Minseok, he was a student of my new step-father. He is really nice.”

 

“I bet he just wants to squeeze some money out of you.”

 

“What?”

 

“He saw your scar and immediately gave you his card. If you go to him I bet he will end up charging you a fortune.”

 

“I don’t think he meant it like that. Hmm, I guess I should get rid of it. I also think it looks kind of weird.”

 

“The card?”

 

“No, the scar. Why would I get rid of the card?”

 

“I think it’s like a war mark and you should be proud of it. You work hard, its only natural to have a scar.”

 

Luhan looked deadpan at Sehun.

 

“A piece of wood fell on my face while I was walking down the street.”

 

“Let’s go find our table.” “Still I don’t think you look bad because of your scar.”

 

Sehun said.

 

Luhan smiled a bit to himself.

 

 

The bride and groom came back to the venue after some pictures and as soon as things calmed down Luhan knew it was time to say hello to his mom and to his up till now unknown new stepfather. Sehun decided to stay with him.

 

When Luhan reached his family his sister Haerin didn’t look too pleased to see him. She gave Sehun a look over, recognizing him from their first encounter.

 

“Hi mom.”

 

Luhan’s mother did look happy to see him and quickly gave him a hug.

 

“I’m so glad you came!”

 

She was beautiful and Sehun could understand where Luhan got his looks.

 

Introductions were made and the new groom looked like a very nice person. Sehun got a really appreciative smile from Luhan’s mom and after a while they sat down by themselves once more.

 

They stayed until the party was over and returned to the town by taxi once more.

 

“Thanks a lot for being with me today. You being there helped a lot.”

 

“For you anything.”

 

Sehun gave Luhan another hug and they parted ways.

 

 

Luhan felt confused by Sehun’s actions. He was pretty sure Sehun was flirting with him but at the same time he didn’t want to harbour any hopes. Sehun liked Kim Junmyeon after all and they were just friends.

 

 

The following day Mr. Oh was sitting in the kitchen having lunch and reading the newspaper when Sehun walked in.

 

“Dad, I need a favour. If Luhan asks you about movie tickets just tell him you didn’t wanted to see that movie and that’s why you decided not to go, ok?”

 

“But I want to go to the movies.”

 

“What?”

 

“Well, some father son time would be nice. I also like to go out.”

 

Sehun looked dumbstruck.

 

“Alright we’ll go another time. Just, please this once, tell him that you didn’t want to go, ok?”

 

“Ok, alright…”

 

 

Sehun went back to the shop and sat behind the counter. Later on Luhan came in.

 

“Are you ready? We have some cleaning to do at the butcher’s.”

 

Luhan said.

 

“Yeah ok. Oh, before I forget; I have some movie tickets for tonight. I bought them to go with my dad but he doesn’t want to go so… would you like to go with me?”

 

“Really? He doesn’t want to go? That’s very odd, why?”

 

“I… I don’t know he said something about not wanting to see it or something… so, would you like to go… with me?”

 

Sehun was feeling a bit shy and was not making eye contact with Luhan.

 

“Um, ok sure.”

 

“Great!”

 

Now Sehun was smiling. Luhan looked at him a bit strange. Sehun was acting confusing these last days.