Someone You Like

The Boy in the Neon Green Rain Poncho

Luhan woke up and he was still resting on Sehun’s tight. He got startled, as he had forgotten where he was. He quickly made and effort to get up but ended up hitting Sehun in the face with his arm, effectively waking him up.

 

“How long was I asleep?”

 

“A couple of hours I guess?”

 

Sehun was holding up his face where he had been hit.

 

“I lost the whole day.”

 

“Its ok, you are allowed to when a piece of wood smashes you in the face. Come on I’ll buy you dinner.”

 

 

Sehun had never bought him dinner.  Luhan was quiet at first when they sat down together eating their hot soup but he relaxed after a while and behaved as he usually would.

 

 

“I have to get to work.”

 

Luhan said later in the evening.

 

“You are going to work? Why don’t you call in sick?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“You have a hole on your head.”

 

“No, I don’t. I can work.”

 

 

Sehun followed him to work and actually stayed there until it was closing time. He picked the trash bag from Luhan’s hand.

 

“Why are you doing that?”

 

Sehun didn’t reply but simply dealt with the bag.

 

“You shouldn’t use your bike. Maybe you can stay at my place.”

 

Sehun offered.

 

“No, thank you really but I just want to get home and lay on my bed.”

 

“Why? Are you dizzy? Do you feel ill?”

 

Sehun started looking at Luhan’s wound again but the smaller boy walked back laughing.

 

“No, I’m just tired from the long day and we have work to do tomorrow. I’ll be fine, I’ve had it worst than this, trust me I’m not that weak.”

 

He mounted his bike and waved at his friend before Sehun could stop him again.

 

“See you tomorrow!”

 

 

Sehun had a reason to feel worried. His friend had lost blood today and it was a long trip home and Luhan looked pretty delicate to him.

 

 

Sehun went back home and found that his father was still awake. He was looking through a box of old photographs.

 

“What are you still doing up?

 

Sehun asked while sitting by his father’s side.

 

“Just reminiscing. Your mom was so beautiful.”

 

They both smiled at the picture of Sehun’s mom who was laughing while holding baby Sehun.

 

“I miss her so much but we had a good go when she was alive. I used to worry so much over her; she was so fragile and delicate.”

 

Mr. Oh paused, a knot forming on his throat.

 

“How did you know she was the one?”

 

Sehun asked.

 

“Well, I was always worrying about her and wondering if she ate, if she would like this or that, if she made it home alright; that sort of things. After I met your mother I couldn’t imagine not being close to her.”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“How about you, do you have someone you like?”

 

“Me? Well, there is this guy that comes often to the shop.”

 

His dad’s face illuminated with a smile.

 

“His name is Kim Junmyeon and I’m planning to ask him on a date soon.”

 

“Ah, good.”

 

The smile on his father fell a little bit but Sehun didn’t notice the change.

 

“Well, I’m going to call Luhan now to see if he’s ok and then I’m going to sleep. Good night dad.”

 

“Good night.”

 

 

Luhan did make it home ok and Sehun had insisted the other sent him a text as soon as he woke up 'just to know if Luhan was still alive'.

 

 

Now Sehun folded the towels from the beauty parlour while thinking about what his father told him about love. He looked up to the clock on the wall and took out his phone to text Luhan and make sure he was already in town. As soon as he finished his message the door opened and Kim Junmyeon walked in.

 

Sehun engaged in small talk at first but then he took courage.

 

“I don’t know if I’m being too bold but I think you are really attractive and I would like to invite you to dinner. That way we can get to know each other.”

 

Junmyeon’s cheeks had gone red but he gave Sehun a smile.

 

“That sounds very nice.”

 

They set up the date for Friday of that week and Junmyeon left for work.

 

A few minutes later Luhan entered the shop.

 

“Yes, I’m alive. You are not getting rid of me soon so stop asking!”

 

He was shaking his phone in the air, having just received Sehun’s text message.

 

Sehun ignored Luhan’s statement.

 

“How are you?”

 

“Good. How about you, what’s up?”

 

“I just asked Kim Junmyeon out. We are going on a date this Friday.”

 

Sehun informed.

 

Luhan gave a smile to his friend.

 

“Good then I come with perfect timing. We have a big job today.”

 

Sehun smiled much to the prospect of money as to the prospect of not spending his day in the dry cleaning shop.

 

 “We, my friend have a delivery and a pick up in the fancy side of town so let’s go.”

 

 

The ‘fancy side of town’ was quite far from them. They had to take a train and then either walk a lot or use other methods of public transportation. They were in a street where all the designers’ shops were located and had an errand from Park Company to one of the boutiques.

 

The two of them looked out of place, although Sehun could pass as a model that decided to wear jeans and a t-shirt around town. Luhan was very good looking but his outfit spelled work.

 

They had time and were walking relaxed on the street pointing at stuff saying what they would buy when they became millionaires just for the fun of it. Not always they made it to ‘this part of town’ as Luhan pointed.

 

Luhan stopped in his tracks looking at a woman carrying several bags marked as Prada, who was typing on her mobile and was coming their way.

 

The woman was about to walk pass them when Sehun heard Luhan talk.

 

“Haerin.”

 

The woman stopped and looked up. She looked at Luhan and scoffed then she looked at Sehun from head to toe.

 

“So you were alive? You disappear and then you pop out here? Do you even care about your mother at all?”

 

The woman answered.

 

“How is she?”

 

Luhan asked.

 

“You don’t even know she has been sick? Honestly can you even call yourself her son? And that misery you send every month. How do you expect us to live with that?”

 

Sehun thought everything sounded strange. The person this girl was painting was too different from Luhan. And she was talking about needing money but she was wearing designer everything.

 

“I'll try and send some more. Please tell mom I'll see her soon.”

 

“I'm not your messenger.”

 

Her phone rang and she picked it up walking away.

 

“Let's hurry up and finish this job.”

 

Luhan was terribly quiet and Sehun let him be for a while but it was starting to get awkward. Sehun pulled Luhan into a coffee shop and once they ordered and sat down the inquisition started.

 

“So, what the hell was that?”

 

Sehun asked.

 

Luhan let out a sigh.

 

“That was my sister.”

 

“Lovely.”

 

“Yeah, we don’t match very well. I haven’t seen her in a while.”

 

Luhan stopped at that but Sehun expression told him that he wasn’t going to get away without telling him the whole story.

 

“We don’t get along very well. We are very different and our relationship became even more difficult after my father passed away. I moved out of the house and send them whatever I can every month but obviously is not enough.”

 

“You don’t see them often?”

 

“No. It’s… complicated.”

 

Sehun decided to no press for more since Luhan looked uncomfortable and sad, he looked sad.

 

“So, what do you say we go have some real food when we finish with our coffee?”

 

Sehun changed the topic hoping it would get Luhan’s mind off it.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe we should go back.”

 

“Oh come on! We hardly ever come here!”

 

Luhan had never seen whiny Sehun and it caught him off guard.

 

“Um, ok?”

 

 

They had dinner and stayed long enough to see the lights go on. They were on the train watching as the buildings became smaller.

 

“So, when are you going to see your family?”

 

“I guess I’ll go on Friday.”