Friends

The Boy in the Neon Green Rain Poncho

They had been doing great working together and for a while now. With the two of them working they did everything faster. Luhan was planning on expanding business to the next town but that was still in the planning stages.

 

Meanwhile Sehun was feeling bored as he usually was when he had to work at his father’s dry cleaning shop. The doorbell chimed and he half expected to see Luhan coming in, instead the very handsome Kim Junmyeon walked in. Sehun immediately stood up straight.

 

“Oh, hello. Good to see you again.”

 

Sehun said not taking his eyes away from the customer.

 

“Hi, Sehun right? Nice to see you too.”

 

“Gray suits you. It looks really good.”

 

Sehun complimented on Junmyeon’s button shirt while the other blushed intensely but didn’t seem to dislike it.

 

The bells chimed again. This time Luhan barged in.

 

“Sehun!”

 

He stopped when he noticed the atmosphere and the pleading look on Sehun’s face.

 

“Ah, hello. Yes, I’ll come back later.”

 

Luhan went out of the shop and crossed the street to sit with an old lady in front of the Realtors office.

 

“Don’t mind him, he is someone who often works here that’s all.”

 

Sehun told Junmyeon and they kept talking.

 

 

Luhan crossed the street to sit by Mrs. Yoo, the mother of the town’s Realtor. She usually sat in front of his office and watched people all day.

 

“Hello Mrs. Yoo, how are you?”

 

“Very well my dear. Tell me who is that pretty boy talking to Mr. Oh’s son?”

 

“He is a client but I think Sehun likes him.”

 

“Wasn’t he your boyfriend?”

 

“Who Sehun? No, no we are just friends.”

 

“Well I think you are much better than that other boy.”

 

“Now don’t be like that. He works at Park Company, and he looks smart and nice. I’m just an errand boy who didn’t even went to college… Sehun is right to like that guy.”

 

Luhan smiled a bit sadly.

 

“Dear, I still think you are better. You are a good boy.”

 

Luhan smiled at the old lady and saw Junmyeon walk out of the shop. He crossed the street and entered the shop to find a smiling Sehun.

 

“Hey, sorry about before. Is that your guy?”

 

“Not yet, but yes.” “What did you wanted before anyway?”

 

“Ah just to tell you that I got a job at the coffee shop.”

 

“Cool, let’s go.”

 

“No, I mean I got a part time job there. Is the night shift. Maybe that way I can get a scooter for the errands business.”

 

“What? But won’t you be too tired? I mean, when are you going to sleep?”

 

“I’ll be fine.”

 

“I don’t think you should do it.”

 

“Anyway, tomorrow we have work early so don’t wake up late again.”

 

“Whatever. Do you want to have dinner together? How about street food?”

 

“Ok, cool. I’ll be back later then.”

 

 

As promised they had dinner later that night. They often did, usually cheap things but they enjoyed spending time together as friends, laughing over many silly things.

 

 

Sehun was watching TV with his dad during the night, but even the comedians couldn’t really bring him out of his boredom. He got up and later came out of his room changed into something more fitting to go out. It was Luhan’s first night at the coffee shop job and Sehun thought he could go torment his friend for a while.

 

 

He arrived at the coffee shop; there weren’t many people given that the town wasn’t bursting with activity or young people that would enjoy the exotic and complex coffee flavours.

 

 

Luhan was behind the counter when Sehun walked in.

 

“Wow, you look weird in uniform!”

 

Luhan sighed at Sehun’s statement.

 

“I’ll have an Americano.”

 

Sehun sat down with his order in the closest table to the counter.

 

“Aren’t you going to give me some cake or dessert?”

 

“If you want it you can pay for it.”

 

“But what’s the use of having a friend work in the coffee shop if I don’t get anything for free?”

 

“Buy your own Sehun.”

 

 

Sehun stayed until Luhan finished his shift. Luhan brought out two trash bags and closed the door.

 

“Aren’t you going to help me with these?”

 

“Why? Do your own work!”

 

“Brat!”

 

“You are going home on your bike? Is really late.”

 

“I’ll be fine.”

 

“Alright, just text me when you get home. Be careful.”

 

Luhan waved at Sehun while he mounted his bike and cycled away.

 

 

An hour later Sehun had sent at least 5 text messages to Luhan without getting an answer back. He stood up and grabbed his jacket. When he came out of his room, his father was in the kitchen.

 

“You are going out at this hour?”

 

“Luhan is not answering my texts, I think something might have happened to him.”

 

His father looked really worried. Sehun just reached the door when his mobile started ringing. Luhan was calling him.

 

“Yah! What the hell?!”

 

Sehun answered and waved at his father while going back to his room. Mr. Oh chuckled under his breath.

 

 

“Why haven’t you answered my messages? You forgot, didn’t you?”

 

“No, I just got here. Why are you so impatient?”

 

“It took too long.”

 

“Well it is more than one hour away.”

 

“Ok, whatever. Go to sleep. See you tomorrow.”

 

“You too. See at you about 8:30am.”

 

 

After working together the first part of the day, Luhan set off by himself to make a small delivery. They would finish other jobs once he came back. He had told Sehun he would be back at 3:30. Now it was 3:25 and Sehun was standing in front of the door looking outside. Luhan was supposed to arrive any minute now.

 

There was a ruckus across the street. Something was being built and there were a lot of ladders, wood and too many people moving stuff. Luhan was coming down the street and he stopped to greet Mrs. Yoo who was always sitting outside. Then, there was a lot of shouting and Sehun saw how a wood block hit Luhan on the forehead.

 

Sehun ran outside, only looking at Luhan who was now sitting on the floor. He was holding his forehead while blood drenched his hands.

 

“Luhan!!”

 

“Huh, Sehun?”

 

“Let’s get you to the hospital.”

 

“No, it’s not deep. I’m ok.”

 

Luhan started to stand up but the blood was now running into his eye and he lost his balance. Sehun pulled him up and dragged him into his house on top of the dry cleaning shop.

 

Luhan was looking around with one eye. He was now in a room, he assumed it was Sehun’s. Sehun came back carrying a first aid kit. He sat down and pulled Luhan so his head was resting on Sehun’s thigh.

 

“What? I told you I’m ok.”

 

“Stay still.”

 

“I just need to wash the blood.”

 

“And you have blood because…”

 

Luhan couldn’t argue with that. He felt Sehun clean his blood away first. Then he felt a painful sting on his forehead. It seemed rubbing alcohol was being poured on his wound. It wasn’t deep, Luhan was right about that but it could leave a scar and was sure giving him a headache.

 

Luhan opened his eyes and looked at Sehun. He was deep in concentration, looking worried still. He was really handsome. Luhan didn’t have anywhere else to look as Sehun covered all his line of vision so he didn’t feel bad staring at the handsome young man that he called his friend.

 

Sehun was genuinely worried about Luhan. His friend didn’t wanted to go to the hospital and Sehun suspected money could be the reason. He had enough falls as a kid to be able to clean Luhan’s wound properly. His friend was restless at first but Sehun noticed he was now still. He look down from the wound and was met with two big and sparkly eyes looking at him. Luhan’s features were delicate. Yes Luhan was very pretty. Sehun’s stomach did a tumble at the thoughts he just had. He quickly brushed them away and finished cleaning the cut.

 

“Thank you”

 

Luhan said almost in a whisper.

 

Sehun nodded and finished his job. Luhan tried to stand up but Sehun pulled him back down.

 

“I told you to stay still.”

 

“But you finished.”

 

“Yeah and you are going to mess that up. Just stay still ok.”

 

Luhan did as he was told, grumbling a little.

 

After a while Sehun looked down and Luhan had fallen asleep. He smiled and brushed some hair away from the cut. Luhan must be feeling tired he thought, so Sehun let his own head fall back and soon after he was also asleep.

 

Mr. Oh had heard about Luhan’s accident and the always-helpful Mrs. Yoo told him that Sehun had taken the other inside. Mr. Oh opened Sehun’s bedroom door and saw the two boys asleep, a few bandages on Luhan’s forehead. He slowly closed the door as to not wake them up and let a big smile play on his face, his hopes up after witnessing the scene.