Chapter 6.

The Castle Wish (BTS x Got7).

Youngjae.

“Ya, Choi Youngjae.” – Jaebum’s stern and low voice was heard as Youngjae was standing in the hallway waiting for Jackson to arrive so that they could go into their psychology class together. Youngjae looked up at the tall and muscle-y guy with cherry red hair, who was wearing his usual black leather jacket, a black shirt underneath with a black pair of skinny jeans. Jaebum looked like a dude that belonged to the ‘rockers’ or the ‘bikers’ subculture.

“Oh hyung!” – Youngjae greeted the older guy with a wave and his trademark smile. Jaebum started to run to get to Youngjae quicker. Jaebum hugged Youngjae as soon as the gap between them was cleared, which amused everyone that was standing in the hallway. The very famous Jaebum for being grumpy and scary was at the moment hugging the quietest and weirdest guy in the university as if they were long lost brothers. Some even gasped witnessing the very strange and surprising Jaebum and Youngjae’s relationship.

“It’s good to see you.” – Jaebum smiled, which surprised people even more than the hug. Jaebum wasn’t the smiley type of guy. He was well known in the community for his frown and intense glare. Seeing him smile at Youngjae was weird. Everyone thought he had finally gone insane or gotten a brain concussion from getting into fights too much. People started to whisper and mumble about how Youngjae knew Jaebum, already starting to make up stupid rumors about the two’s relationship. Jaebum didn’t give even a 0.5 about what people thought about him or Youngjae. Others opinions didn’t matter to him, as he had realized long ago that he couldn’t get everyone’s approval so it was just better to live by his own rules and ‘dance like no one was watching him’. On the other hand the whispering and stares from strangers made Youngjae super uncomfortable. He was becoming redder by the second from his embarrassment. He didn’t know where to look as there were eyes everywhere. The only safe place to look was the floor, which is where Youngjae was looking at the moment. Youngjae was quietly observing his shoes while Jaebum was standing in front of him talking.

“Jackson told to me to tell you that he was sick and he was going to take a week off.” – Jaebum said, completely oblivious of the glances and Youngjae’s nervousness from the glances. Youngjae weakly smiled, desperately wishing that Jaebum would go away, so that he could go back to being invisible and start his new psychological thriller by one of his favorite writers.

“Oh and also my birthday’s tomorrow.” – Jaebum stated, while glaring at a passing by student who wouldn’t stop staring at the two. Jaebum looked around him, while he had the nastiest and scariest facial expression paired with a strong gaze. The crown that was watching Youngjae and Jaebum’s every move and listening to everything the two had to stay quickly disappeared, which wasn’t exactly a surprise. Everyone was obviously afraid of Jaebum and what he would do to them if he got mad. After scaring everyone away, Jaebum turned back to Youngjae and smiled.

“So because it’s my birthday, I want to ask you to do something for me.” – Jaebum confidently said, smiling even wider. Youngjae found his smile to be very adorable as his eyes seemed to disappear and form a line when he smiled. His cold facial expression immediately vanished and a warm and reassuring one appeared instead of that one. Jaebum’s tough guy image disappeared with one single smile. With his cute smile on, Jaebum looked like a sweet from next door. Youngjae unknowingly and unintentionally smiled back at Jaebum.

“Sure, hyung. Since it’s your birthday, I feel like I’m obligated to do whatever you ask me.” – Youngjae replied, making Jaebum giggle out of joy. Jaebum went on to hug him again.

“Cool. Then meet me at the swing set tomorrow night at eight.” – Jaebum ordered, walking away from him, finally leaving Youngjae alone. Youngjae just smiled and went into the large auditorium where his psychology professor was waiting to give another lecture about a random mental disease.

 

 

Yoongi.

(The Next Day. Jaebum’s birthday.)

Yoongi had been anxiously waiting for his brother’s response all week, looking at his phone every second just in case his brother sent a text or was calling him. But the more he waited the more he lost hope. By the end of the week Yoongi was certain that his brother had failed to get Youngjae’s new number and didn’t expect a phone call. But on a Friday while Yoongi was still sound asleep, his phone rang indicating that there still was a small hope that his brother found out Youngjae’s phone number.

“Hyung!”-  Yoongi exclaimed, not able to wait for his answer.

“You’re a really lucky person, Min Yoongi. You truly are lucky to have such an amazing brother.” – Yoongi’s brother proudly stated through the phone.

“It turns out, I still had Youngjae’s brother’s number and I guess Youngjae didn’t tell his family he tried to kill himself because of you, so Youngjae’s brother immediately gave me his phone number when I told him you wanted to reach out to him.” – he continued. Yoongi mentally cursed himself for telling his brother everything about him and Youngjae the day before Youngjae almost died. It only gave him another reason to mock and tease Yoongi.

“But before I give you this precious number of your precious friend, I want to make sure that you are actually going to buy me a car.” – Yoongi’s hyung said, not exactly trusting Yoongi to keep his promise. Yoongi just rolled his eyes.

“Have you been deceived all your life? Yes, I’m going to buy you a car. Now just give me his damn phone number!” – Yoongi yelled, losing his patience by the passing second. A millisecond spent without Youngjae by his side was driving Yoongi nuts. He couldn’t handle it anymore.

“Okay then, write this down. I’m going to say it once.”

Yoongi was nervous now that he actually had a way to contact Youngjae and bring back the good old days where it was Youngjae and Yoongi together against the world. Yoongi was scared that Youngjae would react negatively to his phone call. What if Youngjae cursed out Yoongi and then hung up? What would Yoongi do then? What if Youngjae still didn’t want to see Yoongi? Should Yoongi just show up at Youngjae’s university without letting him know? Would that be weird? Would Youngjae hate him more because of that?

“What do I do?” – Yoongi asked himself out loud, whilst staring at Youngjae’s phone number dialed up on his phone. Yoongi’s dilemma was whether to press the green button or not. As Yoongi was standing in middle of over thinking his life decisions, Namjoon came into the room.

“What in the world are you doing? You’re whole face looks like a butthole.” – Namjoon insulted Yoongi as he walked to his bed and loudly laid down, finally getting to rest after a few restless and tiresome days that consisted of going between the practice room and the recording studio.

“I’m making a really important decision that is going to decide if I’m going to die or live today. So stop irritating me with your annoying comments about my face. By the way, your face doesn’t look so great either.” – Yoongi replied back, not breaking his eye contact with Youngjae’s new phone number.

“Dude, just do it. Whether you do or not doesn’t exactly matter. You’re probably going to regret both.” – Namjoon ‘encouraged’ his friend, already dozing off into the magical land of the dreams.

“You’re probably right.” – Yoongi muttered under his breath, sighing.

 

 

Youngjae.

Youngjae was in the cafeteria when his phone buzzed in his pocket, signaling Youngjae that someone was trying to reach out. Not thinking much of who was calling him, Youngjae carelessly picked up his phone. But the second he answered his phone Youngjae regretted not looking at the caller ID or even stopping for a split second to consider picking up some stranger’s random phone call. But Youngjae was stupid, which was why he was at the moment standing in the middle of his university’s giant but small for albums hundred thousand student that go there cafeteria. Youngjae just froze in the place hearing a voice he hasn’t heard at all after yelling “I don’t want to see you ever again!” at him.

“Youngjae?” – the familiar low tone voice said. It was at same time nice and painful hearing Yoongi say his name for the first time in two years. It was generally weird just hearing Yoongi’s voice on the phone.

“Youngjae, can you hear me?” – Yoongi continued to talk. Youngjae wanted to answer Yoongi but he couldn’t. He was too chocked and mesmerized to reply even a simple “Yes.”

“I know we haven’t talked in two years, but…” – Youngjae wanted to stop Yoongi from finishing that sentence. Youngjae didn’t want to know what Yoongi had to say after that ‘but’.

“But I’d like to meet you.” – Yoongi declared, his voice shaking a bit. It was obvious Yoongi was just as anxious as Youngjae. It probably took him about a full day to actually get the courage to call Youngjae. Another thing that amazed Youngjae was that Yoongi was somehow able to get Youngjae’s new phone number from somewhere. Only a specific number of Youngjae’s closest friends and family knew his new number that he got in hopes of forgetting Yoongi and starting a new life.

“Why?” – Youngjae barely managed to let out. He still couldn’t believe that he actually in real life was having a conversation with Min Yoongi.

“I miss you, Youngjae. I don’t think I can handle being apart from you any longer.” – Yoongi confessed which made Youngjae want to jump off the Eiffel tower. Why is this weird person suddenly telling Youngjae pretty words filled with false hope?  Did Yoongi actually think Youngjae was stupid enough to fall for his empty words again? Did he actually think that he could bring back Youngjae to him by making a single stupid phone call?

“Did you suddenly realize after two whole years that you actually needed me?” – Youngjae replied getting his face on. Youngjae collapsed on the dirty cafeteria floor. Although on the outside Youngjae looked like he was ready to kill and his voice sounded sharp and angry, on the inside he was dying little by little. Hearing Yoongi say those words broke Youngjae even more. Youngjae didn’t need this right now. He had plenty of on his plate, so he definitely didn’t need Yoongi adding to that. Youngjae was so close to just stabbing his heart with whatever he found in the cafeteria.

“Youngjae, I know, I should’ve called sooner. But I was just afraid that you might do something stupid again… And I… I don’t know.” – Yoongi was having a hard time explaining why he’s been ignoring Youngjae for the past two years. While Yoongi was trying to find the correct words that would prove to Youngjae that he indeed was sorry and missed him a lot, Jaebum came up behind Youngjae and helped Youngjae get up from the ground without saying anything. Jaebum gently brought Youngjae to a much less crowded place, still holding him tightly in his arms. Jaebum took Youngjae’s phone from his hands and hung up for Youngjae.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” – Youngjae didn’t understand Jaebum. And frankly, he was a bit upset over him hanging up on Yoongi, nonetheless that Yoongi’s small phone call was tearing him apart.

“Was that Yoongi?” – Jaebum asked straightforwardly.

“That was Yoongi, right? That weird mint haired dude we saw at the airport? What does he want?” –Jaebum was angry for some reason.

“Hyung, how do you know Yoongi hyung?” – Youngjae asked, not able to quite wrap his hear around the fact that Jaebum somehow knew about Yoongi.

“That doesn’t matter right now. I asked, what does that want from you now?!” – Jaebum raised his voice, unable to control his temper.

“Why doesn’t it matter? You somehow finding out about my personal life is a bit strange hyung.” – Youngjae tried not to show his anxiety and nervousness from Jaebum’s loud and angry voice.

“, Youngjae.  You drive me nuts sometimes. Yesterday I followed you after you blew me off when I asked you to hang out.” – Jaebum truthfully answered Youngjae’s question.

“And I saw you going in to some therapists’ office. I got worried.” – Jaebum continued. Youngjae was horrified. One of his friends finding out about his mental instability was one of his worst nightmares. Youngjae should’ve been more cautious of his surroundings. How could he not notice Jaebum following him? Youngjae for sure wanted to just end his existence.

“And because I was so worried, I went to your sister and begged her to tell me everything. So she did.”  -Jaebum finished his ‘stalker’ story. Youngjae couldn’t handle it anymore. He actually collapsed, letting out tears freely run down his cheeks. Why does this have to happen to Youngjae? Why can’t Youngjae have a normal and stable life for once? This always happens to only Youngjae for some ing reason.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. You can stop hanging out with me now if you want to. I should’ve just told you. I knew this would happen.” – Youngjae mumbled, while crying his heart out. Jaebum just quietly stood next to him, holding Youngjae while he cried his brains out.

“Why are you apologizing idiot?” – Jaebum said, while rubbing Youngjae’s back to assure him that everything was okay and that he didn’t have to stress much about it.

“It’s okay, Jae. It’s fine, as long as you don’t do any of it again.” – Jaebum soothed Youngjae.

“It’s fine. I still want to be with you. Stop stressing about this.” – Jaebum reassured Youngjae again. Just as Youngjae was calming down and his tears stopped, the bell rang telling the 20 year olds to go back to their classes. Jaebum hugged Youngjae again and smiled, wiping off the left over tears from his soft cheeks.

“I have to go to my stupid business class. The professor’s a real . He’s going to skin me alive if I’m late, so I’ll go now, okay?” – Jaebum said, giving Youngjae one last hug before running to his class.

“By the way, don’t forget. Tonight at 8!” – Jaebum reminded, going away.

Although Youngjae felt a bit better after weeping like a child in Jaebum’s arms, he still wanted to desperately die. Why does Yoongi have to ruin every normal thing Youngjae had going on in his life? Youngjae had been doing more or less fine these past months. Jackson, Mark and Jaebum had almost managed bring him back to his normal state, but then Yoongi calls randomly and destroys everything. Where does Yoongi gain that kind of magic and strength to wreck Youngjae’s happiness?

“Selfish bastard.” – Youngjae mumbled, trying not to slit his throat.

It was half past seven when Youngjae arrived at the Jaebum and his promised meeting place. As he got closer he spotted two figures sitting on the swing set. Youngjae’s guess was that the other one besides Jaebum was Mark or Jackson, if he had miraculously gotten better from his flu. But as he closer, it more and more obvious that it wasn’t Mark or Jackson. The second figure wasn’t either of the two. The mysterious guy’s height and physical build didn’t match Mark or Jackson. Youngjae was nervous as he guessed that Jaebum had a new friend he wanted to introduce to Youngjae. But then he spotted a weird hair color. A color that was bright and closer to green. Was it actually, maybe just maybe, Yoongi? But why would he be here? And why would Jaebum be hanging out with him? Just as Youngjae was about to move closer to figure everything out, Jaebum stood up and punched the other guy. What in the world was happening there? The second guy got up from the ground quickly and proceeded to punch Jaebum repeatedly until Jaebum’s face was covered with bruises and cuts. But Jaebum also wasn’t a person who gave up easily. Jaebum was strong and had a lot of pride in that. Jaebum swung his arms towards the other guy’s direction and knocked him out to the ground. Now Jaebum was on top almost killing the poor guy. Youngjae quickly ran to them, only to reveal that the other guy who was at the moment getting brutally beaten by Jaebum was actually Yoongi just as Youngjae predicted. Youngjae quickly came between the two, separating them.

“Jaebum hyung, what in the world are you doing? What if he sues you?” – Youngjae shouted, going to Yoongi to check up in him. Yoongi was on the ground heavily breathing, blood freely running from his nose. No one would believe Youngjae if he said that it was actually the very famous Suga on the ground almost dying. It was unbelievable and kind of amusing how messed up both of Jaebum and Yoongi’s faces were at the moment.

“What the were you two es thinking?” – Youngjae yelled. Jaebum glared at him, so did Yoongi, nevertheless that both of them were in incredible pain.

“Watch your language, Choi Youngjae.” – Jaebum warned, looking more intimidating than ever.

“Don’t speak to him in that tone.” – Yoongi got up from the ground, his clothes covered in dirt and blood.

“I’ll whatever the I want.” – Jaebum spat. Yoongi swung his arm again and was ready to start another fight. If it wasn’t for Youngjae to part them again, they would’ve probably murdered each other.

“Stop that!” – Youngjae yelled, unable to take their stupid and thoughtless act anymore.

“Why are you guys fighting? Also why the hell are you here?” – Youngjae turned to Yoongi, who’s facial expression went from furious to guilty and desperate.

“I just wanted to meet you and I asked your mom where you were and she said that you’d be here.” – Yoongi said, not looking Youngjae in the eyes. Youngjae sighed and shook his head.

“Jaebum hyung, you live alone, right?” – Youngjae asked, to which Jaebum nodded.

“Let’s go to your house then. Yoongi hyung, you also should probably go with us to get your face cleaned up.” – Youngjae ordered, getting Jaebum’s car keys from his pockets and leading the way. Jaebum caught up with Youngjae and stopped him.

“I’m not taking this piece of into my house.” – Jaebum declared, giving Yoongi his scariest glare. Yoongi on the other hand wasn’t the type of to get scared by some weird dude staring at him in a weird way.

“Well you should’ve considered that before punching him over a thousand times.” – Youngjae said. Youngjae have never stood up against Jaebum fearlessly like this. He had always been too scared to say protest against him but today for some reason Youngjae kind of just knew that he had the right to talk back to him.

“He was the first one to start the fight!” – Jaebum whined, revealing the weird childish side of him. Youngjae involuntarily laughed out loud.

“Regardless of that if his crazy fans see him in this condition they’re going to murder you.” – Youngjae said, continuing to make his way towards Jaebum’s car.

“Don’t call my fans crazy.” – Yoongi said, following the two closely.

“You keep your mouth shut.” – Youngjae ordered.

“Wait, Youngjae, are you driving?” – Jaebum was sweating from the thought of Youngjae, the worst driver Jaebum’s ever witnesses, driving his precious baby and possibly ‘injuring’ it.

“I’m pretty sure you’re basically blind at the moment so it’s better if I drive.” – Youngjae said, getting into the driver’s seat and starting the car.