Chapter 1.

The Castle Wish (BTS x Got7).

14 years prior.

 

September 8th. (Ages: Yoongi - 8, Youngjae - 4)

 

Two kids could be spotted at a random playground, enjoying their childhood as they should. The two seemed to be extremely close, as they kept teasing each other and then laughing at all off. But by the looks of it, one of the kids seemed to be a bit older than the other one. He voiced his opinions and thoughts very clearly and quickly and as for the other, he was having a hard time talking clearly and couldn't pronounce some words. But even when the younger boy was struggling to express his thoughts and feelings, they both seemed to understand each other without difficulties. The kids at times even spoke with their eyes.

 

"Hey." - the older one suddenly stopped building the sand castle they were both really enthusiastically building.

 

"Hyung?" - the younger turned to face the other, also stopping and paying his full attention to him.

 

"Isn't your birthday coming up?" - the older one sat down, gesturing the other one to sit down beside him as well. The younger obeyed him, sitting down next to him.

 

"Yeah, hyung. I'm going to turn this much!" - the excited younger boy showed five fingers, smiling.

 

"Then what do you want for your birthday?"

 

"A huge castle! Just like this one, too!" - the younger one exclaimed, getting up from the ground and jumping up and down and pointing with his tiny fingers to the sand castle they've just built.

 

"A castle? Why?" - the older still remained in the sitting position on the ground.

 

"So that you and me and our families all can live together! So we can play together all the time!" - the soon to be 5 year old shouted, imagining about how great his life would become if he could actually live with his hyung.

 

"Okay then. Hyung is going to buy you a castle!" - the older one also got up, jumping in excitement with his younger friend.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah. Just give me 10 more years! I will earn lots of money first and then I will buy you a really big castle, that's even prettier than this one!" - the hyung promised.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 years prior.

 

September 8th. (Ages: Yoongi - 17, Youngjae - 13).

 

"Choi Young Jae!" - Yoongi approached his donsaeng, filled with excitement.

 

"Hyung!" - Youngjae shouted, running over to his hyung and hugging him tightly. They two have really missed each other as they haven't seen each other that much lately since school started.

 

"I've missed you, kiddo!" - Yoongi said, hugging Youngjae back tightly.

 

"I've missed you, too, hyung!" - Youngjae laughed.

 

"How's life of a high school senior? Does is still balls?" -  Youngjae asked, remembering Yoongi's hateful words towards school last month, when he had to go back for the second semester.

 

"Obviously. Why would you even ask?" - Yoongi answered, frowning. Youngjae just laughed at his hyung's unwillingness towards studying and school in general.

 

"I think I'm going to be a rapper." - Yoongi stated confidently after a few minutes of silence.

 

"Why? Are you that sick of studying?" - Youngjae chuckled, not taking the older boy's seriously, as he was always kidding around.

 

"No, I'm really serious this time. I even auditioned for one company." - Yoongi continued, looking serious and confident.

 

"Wait, what?" - Youngjae was dumbfounded. Youngjae suddenly felt sad, he felt like crying, as if he has been let down by someone. Youngjae felt straight up depressed, a feeling not very familiar to the 13 year old. The feeling was sudden and weird. It's not like Yoongi's rapper career would cause Youngjae trouble. But why in the world did Youngjae feel like he's been let down? It's not like he didn't want his hyung to be pursue his dream and do whatever he wanted, it's his right as a human being, anyway. So why was Youngjae feeling not very well all of a sudden? 

 

"The CEO of the company or someone like that seemed to really like me." - Yoongi said, smiling to himself. Youngjae recognized that smile. That weird, yet cute gummy smile of Yoongi's. Yoongi only smiled like when he was deeply satisfied and genuinely happy.

 

"You really want to become a rapper?" - Youngjae wanted to make sure once more, his sudden depression still not going away.

 

"Yeah. I think I do, Youngjae." - Yoongi replied, his passion could be easily seen from his sparkling eyes. Youngjae just smiled back, informing with his eyes that he was going to support his hyung no matter what he chooses to be. Youngjae just hoped that his smile hid away the sudden negative feeling from Yoongi's eyes. He didn't want his hyung to be discouraged just because Youngjae had a 'bad feeling'.

 

"By the way, isn't your birthday approaching?" - Yoongi asked, changing the subject.

 

"Yeah. I'm turning 14." - Youngjae smiled, looking at his shoes.

 

"Woah, I feel old." - The seventeen year old laughed at himself.

 

"Do you still want a castle?" - Yoongi asked, out of nowhere with a huge smirk on his face. To say Youngjae was surprised was an understatement. Why was this weird hyung bringing up the castle wish all of a sudden?

 

"No, hyung. I was small back then! How do you even remember that?" - Youngjae whined, obviously embarrassed of his childish and impossible wish.

 

"So you don't want the castle?" - Yoongi questioned, to which Youngjae shook his head.

 

"No. I just want everyone around me to be happy and healthy." - Youngjae smiled the bright and cute smile of his that Yoongi adored.

 

"Look at you all grown up and mature!" - Yoongi proceeded to ruffle Youngjae's hair, making it messy.

 

"But it's too bad that you don't want the castle anymore. I was going to buy you any castle you wanted since I'm going to be famous and rich soon." - Yoongi muttered, so that Youngjae could barely catch what he just said.

 

"Don't you have to sign with a company or something like that first, hyung?" - Youngjae was confused. Why was Yoongi so confident about the rapper career. Doesn't he know that more than half of the people who try pursue that career end up failing? Doesn't he get that you don't become a famous rapper in a blink of an eye?

 

"I already did. I got signed by the company I auditioned for. I'm officially a trainee now. And they said that I might be able to debut in a few years." - Yoongi explained, his eyes sparkling with hope and ambition.

 

"And as a hyung, I promise to buy you a castle as soon as I become rich enough." - Yoongi renewed a promise he made 9 years ago.

 

"Just give me 5 more years."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Present time.

 

September 8th. (Ages: Yoongi - 23, Youngjae - 19).

 

BTS announces comeback and concert tour with “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: On Stage” cinematic prologue.

 

One of the hottest korean bands Bangtan Boys announced their comeback with a release of a cinematic prologue. BTS will be releasing the mini album "The Most Beautiful Moment In Life pt. 2" in October, followed by their concert in November.

 

BTS has been busy all year, trying to keep up with their packed up schedule filled with concerts all over the world, performances on hundreds of different stages, boring interviews and even their own reality show. But they've been especially occupied these few months as they've been preparing for their comeback, perfecting the new dance moves and recording the yet to be released songs.

 

Besides all of that, the members had their own stuff to focus on. Suga was for example busy with writing, composing and producing all of BTS' new songs. So it was just dance rehearsals, performances and concerts while the sun was up and producing songs in the moonlight for a few months now.

 

Meanwhile, the soon to be 19 year old Youngjae has been suffering with anxiety and depression for a few years now. The sudden outburst of depression five years ago never stopped, but only grew larger and stronger. The voices inside Youngjae's head became louder and clearer, whispering on and on about how useless Youngjae is and how he's just a waste of space. Although Youngjae's been suffering for almost 5 years now, no one knew or cared.

 

There weren't any friends that would care about his mental issues, anyway. As Yoongi was busy with his career, there weren't anyone else left for Youngjae to hang out with. Youngjae was a shy and reserved person, who didn't have the ability to befriend people easily, as the result for that, Yoongi was his best friend and his only friend. But now, Yoongi was gone too. Yoongi didn't even exist anymore. He became "Suga", as people started calling him a few years ago. So Yoongi became "Suga" and Youngjae became "the quiet freak who never talks".

 

It was almost the same with his family. Although his parents found out about his weird illness a few months back when Youngjae tried to kill himself for the first time, they didn’t exactly care about it. His parents couldn't pay attention to him, as they were always at work. But Youngjae couldn't blame the poor people who were working their butts off day and night to earn Youngjae's college tuition and money for his expensive therapy sessions. Youngjae truly felt bad for not being able to function like a normal human being and making his parents work and worry about practically nothing.

 

Youngjae and Yoongi used to talk to each other; in fact they used to talk to each other every week, sometimes even twice or three times a week. But those precious few hours with only the two of them turned into an hour and then slowly turned to a few minutes, maybe 30 if Youngjae was lucky. Suga became busier, Youngjae became sadder.

 

Nowadays, the two didn't talk, not since that incident. Not in person, not through a phone. The only time Youngjae got to see or hear Yoongi was on the TV screen, performing in front of thousands of other people with his 6 new best friends, disguised as 'Suga'.

 

On the other hand, things weren’t so bad with Suga. The band he was part of – BTS had another successful year filled with unforgettable memories. BTS finally got the worldwide recognition they deserved and gained millions of fans. But things were a bit different with Yoongi. For some odd reason Yoongi felt this weird void in his heart. This weird hole was always there no matter what, no matter who Yoongi was with. There was always this space between Yoongi and everyone else, but he didn’t know or understand why. It’s almost like he had lost this small part of himself somewhere and couldn’t find it no matter what. Not that Yoongi ever tried to find it, not that he had time to try and find it. Nowadays there wasn’t even a time for Suga to just sit down for a while and breathe properly. Suga had to write, produce, practice, learn and on top of that there were his fans. The amazing group of people that always were there for Suga and always had his back no matter what. Suga was always very grateful for his dear fans. Without them he probably would’ve already given up, so technically Suga owed them for his current success. And then there were s. His cute, dorky, weird and annoying brothers from other mothers. In a few years they had spent together, they had already become a huge part of Yoongi’s life. They had become people Yoongi couldn’t imagine separating from; the people Yoongi came with all his problems to find solutions together, the people Yoongi listen and gave advice to, the people Yoongi could be his true weird self with. He especially got along with a pink haired strange man named Namjoon as they both were aspiring rappers and they understood each other: they understood how their brains worked, the way they thought, their opinions on things and so on. But Yoongi got along well with everyone really. Every member was pleasant to be with and to talk to and special in their own cute ways.

 

Back to Youngjae’s sad life. Youngjae already had a reputation at his university, even though he only started school in March. Youngjae expected a bit smarter nickname though, after all it was a university filled with smart and mature people, but he still got an uncreative and disappointing nickname – “silent freak”. The first time Youngjae heard it was in a psychology class, when his professor asked Youngjae a question regarding some strange mental disorder. The whispering started when Youngjae spoke up for the first time. “Oh the silent freak talks” one girl had whispered behind Youngjae’s back, literally. Youngjae smirked, not even having the energy to be offended anymore.

 

On the same day his music theory professor asked him to sing in front of the whole class loudly. The whispering again started, it was like a bee house. Buzz buzz buzz all over the damn classroom. At some point Youngjae got so annoyed he just wanted to stab everyone.

 

The next day Youngjae heard a new nickname “the silent freak who sings”. How ing creative. Youngjae was again very disappointed at his fellow university student for not being smart enough to call him something more extraordinary. If you’re going to mock someone by giving them a humiliating nickname, at least make it different, don’t just describe their flaws.

 

While storming through the cold halls of the university, Youngjae heard a very familiar voice.

 

“Converse, converse, I really hate converse.” – the voice said. It was Suga. It was definitely him. Youngjae could recognize that manly deep firm voice of his anywhere. Someone was blasting BTS’ music, while singing along to the lyrics. It suddenly became extremely difficult to breathe, as if someone was strangling him, oxygen couldn’t for some reason go through his lungs. Youngjae’s breaths fastened, his vision become blurry and Youngjae had to stop walking to catch his breath. Why does that annoying girl have to like BTS? In fact, why does every annoying girl have to favor BTS? Why does Youngjae have to suffer every time there is a BTS song plays near him?

 

Youngjae’s mental stability disappeared thanks to that annoying song about converse. Youngjae wanted to die. He just wanted to jump off of a 30 story building and go to hell for his own sake. Or maybe he should just drink the ton of antidepressants his therapist gave him to numb the pain and forget his problems. Or Youngjae should just jump off a bridge and drown in the Han river. Wouldn’t his parents be happy if that actually happened? His therapist would definitely be relieved. And Youngjae only knew that because in his recent sessions, the therapist has been bringing up suicide and started to slowly hint him to kill himself.

 

“Sometimes in life things just get too hard to handle. So some people tend to just give up.”  - Youngjae’s therapist had said a few sessions ago.

 

“And I think you may be one of those people.” – the therapist continued.

 

“My point is it’s up to you whether you want to continue this torture or give up and take your own life.” – he wrapped up.

 

“So… what should I do?” – Youngjae asked looking into the desperate 40 year old man’s eyes.

 

“Just continue taking your pills.” – the middle aged therapist, who already had grey hair, said. To which, Youngjae just sighed and carried on doing nothing, other than waiting for this waste of time to be over.

 

“Suga oppa is so cute!” – a girl with a really high pitched voice yelled. Her annoying voice rang through Youngjae’s head, making his life once again miserable.

 

“’Suga oppa’ can go himself.” – Youngjae muttered, calculating the perfect way to kill himself as soon as possible.