Chapter 9

The Time between Us

 

“KIM!” Gerald shouted

 

Kim looked as if she was on a state of shock.  She couldn’t believe what she saw. Gerald and Sarah walked in holding hands and when they stepped in the door, Sara had put both of her arms on Gerald’s shoulder.  She heard Sara, “How about this Gege?”

 

Kim grabbed her purse and stormed out of the kitchen.  Gerald was yelling at Kim to wait let me explain but Kim didn’t want to hear it.  She was sobbing and Gerald ran up to her but Kim didn’t want to look at him but ignored everything he was saying.  She closed her car door and as she drove away looking on rearview mirror, Gerald was still running to chase her for at least ½ mile.

 

“Why? Why Gerald?

 

I trusted you and I really thought you will be the man for me.  You told me you were going to take care of me.  You told me you will always love and protect me.  Why do I feel cheated on everything I have done for you? Aren’t I good enough for you? Haven’t I loved you enough that I almost gave everything up? Kim’s mind was in a swirl and couldn’t think straight.  She knew Gerald will be looking for her at the house so she decided to leave town.  She left for Davao, not Cebu.  She wanted to be alone where no body knows her.

 

She told her family she’s fine and not to look for her.  The entertainment news was buzzing about Kim Chiu’s whereabouts.  Gerald in the meantime was devastated and been asking her family where she’s at.  He couldn’t eat or do anything. He got a call from his handler that he’s been missing in the set of his new movie, teleserye and photo shoots.  He never left his house since the day Kim walked out on him.

 

“What’s going on with you, son?”  Mommy V was asking Gerald. “Mom, I screwed up everything. It took me so long to get where I was with Kim and I had failed.” “Sometimes I think it is best to tell the whole world that you guys loved each other. I really didn’t like the fact that you guys were hiding your relationship from the public.  It’s quite too difficult to do that but I understand where you and Kim where coming from. But son, I think it is time to tell the truth and not hide it.” Mommy V explained. “You are right mom.  And I think I just know what I have to do.” Gerald said.

 

Kim was looking at the sunset when her cell phone rang.  It reads, Sara G.  She called at least 3 times until she left a voicemail.  She wanted to delete the message without listening to the message however she was compelled. 

 

“Kim, this is Sara.  I know you don’t want to talk but since I’m leaving you a message, please listen to what I have to say.  I’m sorry Kim.  Gerald and I didn’t mean what you saw.  I was actually showing him an action on what I should do with my boyfriend.  Yes, I have a boyfriend. Gerald was just telling me how to be more affectionate to my boyfriend because I don’t know how to reciprocate the emotions back.  I’m quite new at this so Gerald was helping me to overcome the fear of showing my love.  Please Kim, don’t get mad at Gerald. All Gerald talked about was you when we’re on the set.  He admires, adores and loves you very much.  When we started shooting, he immediately told me he is already taken.  Kim, I’m sorry.  I know it was my fault and I know that you and Gerald deserve better. Bye.” Sara ended her message.

 

The next day, after taking a long walk by the beach, Kim the tv and watched the news.  However, what she saw was really astonished.

 

Boy:  We are here with Gerald Anderson and ultimately want everyone to know.  Take note, we never rehearsed what he has to say nor do I know first hand what he’s going to say.  Gerald, you wanted to come and clear things up.  I got a call from you last night that you wanted to come and say something.  Neither the management nor your handler knows that you are here.  You didn’t get any permission to say this, right?

 

Gerald:  At this point Tito Boy, I don’t really care what happens thereafter nor to me as long as I get back the woman I love very much.

 

Boy: Oh my, I can’t believe I’m hearing this. Please do tell! By the way, I am honored that you called me first to do this interview. I feel very privilege.

 

Gerald:  Tito Boy, I’m just going to say it.  “I know you are watching this right now and I want you to know that I understand that you are going through.  I love you so much to give up on you so easily because of misunderstanding.  I know you are hurting right now and I know you don’t want to see me.  I’m here so I can tell the whole world that I LOVE YOU and only you.  Please Kim, I’m begging you.”

 

Boy: I’m sorry, did I just hear Kim’s name? Is this Kim Chiu, our Kim Chiu?  Gerald, is it Kim Chiu you are calling for?

 

Everyone in the background was stunned, screaming and people were excited with joy.

 

Boy: Gerald?