Chapter 3

The Time between Us

 

“Miss Kim, you have a visitor waiting in the living room.”

 

“What manang, I just woke up. What time is it?” “11am and who is it?”

 

“She told me not to tell you, it’s a surprise.” Manang said.

 

“Do you mind telling her if she can wait for 10 minutes so I can freshen up and I will be right down as soon as I can.” Thanks manang, Kim yelled.

 

She wore her shorts and white t-shirt and put on a lip gloss before coming down.  She keeps wondering who could it be and was such in a hurry to come down.  As she dashed down the stairs, she saw the person’s back and looked very familiar to her and as the visitor turned around, it was Mommy V.

 

“Kim, oh my dear Kim, how are you?”

“Tita, how are you doing? I haven’t seen you for a long time.  I thought you were in the states?”  The feeling of the old days came to her and she remembered how Tita was always there for her whenever she wanted advise regarding their relationships with Gerald and not only that, she felt like she was a mother to her.

 

“I had to visit you, I really missed you. How are you dear, you always look so beautiful?  Do you have a boyfriend?”

 

“Tita, thank you and you know that is why I’m still beautiful, I don’t have a boyfriend.” They both laughed.  “I’m glad to know that.” Mommy V said with a smile.

 

“Will you stay for lunch, Tita?” “Actually Kim I was wondering if you and I can go out for lunch. I have so much to tell you and I found this place that is quite private and intimate.” “Okay Tita, let me get ready then we can go.”

 

Kim was happy to see Mommy V and never thought she will see her so soon especially now that her birthday is coming up in 3 weeks.  Although Easter is coming, she thought maybe the reason why she’s here for a visit.  Kim came down with a striking blue floral dress that compliments her long hair and her physique.

 

“Wow, so lovely, so true and so gorgeous you are Kim.” “I love it, I can’t wait.” “Tita, can’t wait for what?” “Lunch dear, lunch.”

 

Kim wanted to ask her so many questions about Gerald but didn’t want to impose nor looked eager.  They talked about what Mommy V did while in the states.  How funny she didn’t mention about Gerald at all or even his girlfriend.  Kim thought how odd that she didn’t talk about that because she’s usually open about everything, everything Gerald that is.

 

As she looked outside, she noticed they are going up the hill.  She could see the city view and the gorgeous peak of the mountain. I’ve never been here before nor have I heard this place, she thought.

 

They drove up to front door and the driver opened the door for the both ladies.  The maid greeted them and led them to an exotic garden out back.  Kim was so mesmerized by how gorgeous everything looked.  The pond was naturally filled with colorful Koi fishes.  “Tita, looked at these flowers.  I’ve never seen so many different kinds of pink flowers in my life.” “Tita? and as Kim turned around, and she saw…..!?