Chapter 2

The Time between Us

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP…….Beep, Beep, Beep!

 

“Kim, wake up!” Lakam shouting

 

“Oh man, that must have a good dream or what?” “Nah, Ate, what time is it?”

 

“Almost time for you to go. You have a photo shoot at 11am and its 9am.” “What were you dreaming of, you looked so deep in sleep?” Lakam asked.

 

“It’s just a dream, nothing good.”  Kim knows exactly what that meant for her.  She’s now 25 years old and still single.  She’s dates and guys try to court her but nothing really means to her to pursue the relationship with any of them.  “Hmmm, why would I dream about that conversation with Gerald almost 5 years ago?” Kim wondered.

 

The last time Kim heard anything from Gerald was that he’s in the state with his girlfriend, a non-showbiz girl.  All the tabloids were saying that he will be tie-ing the knot in the states and come back married.  Gerald was quoted, “I’m really happy right now, she makes me happy. We are going strong for 2 years already,” before leaving for the states 3 years ago.  He might be married by now, nobody really knows.  He didn’t quit showbiz just a break he said.

 

Kim seemed to have made the right decision to make that proposal with Gerald.  After the night in New York Central Park, the separation was imminent.  She’s happy for Gerald and glad that he found someone.  She couldn’t help the tears streaming from her face. She truly was hoping they will meet again but she took that chance.  At least now she knows where she’s at with Gerald.

 

Kim got to the photo shoot on time and it will be with Xian, this will go smoothly.  Xian and Kim became really close as friends.  Many say that he’s courting her but Xian is actually eyeing someone else.  Kim knows about his interests with the other girl and she’s helping him with it.  They get along so well and Xian is always there for her when she needed a friend.  Kim is keeping herself busy most of the time that sometimes she doesn’t really know what is going on around her.  Her family and friends like Maja and Matteo keep her grounded most of the time.

 

Maja and Matteo are planning to get married by the end of the year so she’s helping Maja to prepare.  She has a movie with Xian next month and appearances to a few teleseryes in a couple of months.  A new teleserye coming up next year and still in the making, she doesn’t know the casts yet but its drama. 

 

It’s almost her birthday next month and she has no plans of celebrating it.  She had a bash on her 25th birthday and told all her friends and family that she wants to have a quiet celebration this year, now that she will be 26 years old. 

 

While at home preparing for dinner, she heard her cell phone beeped.  She took a glance and the number was unlisted.  She opened the text and it says “I MISS YOU”. “Hmm, it must be a wrong number”. Kim thought.  30 minutes had passed and her cell phone beeped again. She picked it up and it’s the same unknown number and read the message. “I Remember”. She couldn’t help but text back.  “I’m sorry but I think you got the wrong number, sorry.” Kim typed.

 

While eating her dinner by herself, her cell phone rang.  She picked it up without noticing who might it been.  “Hello!” Kim stated.  No one was answering from the other side but she heard someone breathing but thought it might have been a frank so she hangs up the phone.  A few minutes later, the phone rang again and she didn’t answer.  “Some people just have too much time for nonsense.”

 

As she was getting ready for bed, the door bell rang.  She didn’t want to get up since her maids are off for the weekend and driver went home earlier, she’s the only one at home and didn’t want to take the chance of answering the door in case it’s a lunatic.  She ignored the doorbell and went on to lying down until it rang again.  “Who in the world could that be? It’s almost midnight.”

 

Coming down the stairs, she could see a shadow lurking behind her front door.  Her heart is palpitating a bit and thinking she should open the door.  She heard a hard banging on the door and yelling out, “Kim, open the door. It’s me Xian.” Kim opened the door and surprised by his visit. “What’s wrong Xi, were you the one calling me early?” “No, I didn’t call you at all.”  “Kim, I have to ask a big favor from you.” “What is it? Do you know what time it is?” “Well, Lindsy and I need to talk before she leaves for US tomorrow. I have to tell her what I feel before she leaves or she will never know. Please Kim, can you call her for me and ask her to talk to me.” “Xi, are we still in high school or what?” “Please Kim!”

 

Xi and her girl talked all night and Kim fell asleep on the couch while waiting. “Kim, I’m sorry I had to drag you into this.  You know her parents are very strict.” “So everything got squared away, I hope. Did you tell her everything?” Kim asked Xian. “Yes and we are now a couple.  She will come back in two weeks and we’ll go from there.” “Whew, I never felt like this before.” Kim looked at Xian smiling and felt happy for him. “It must be love.” “I think this is the one, Kim.” Xian smiled.

 

When Xian left the house at 3am in the morning, Kim couldn’t wait to go back to bed.  She was quite exhausted.  She saw at least 3 messages on her cell phone.  It all said, “I MISS YOU!” Unknown number, another frank she thought.