Chapter 7

The Time between Us

 

The next morning, Gerald came over to Kim’s house and cooked her breakfast.  They are both going to be busy today so Gerald decided to come over and spent a little time with Kim before heading off to the ABS compound.  Kim has a photo shoot and will be taping MBG.  He wanted to drop and pick her up but it won’t be feasible.  They said their goodbyes and to make sure to keep in touch. 

 

There’s a new project for Gerald on arise and he wanted to make sure that Kim will approve of it.  He told her on the phone that he has a new movie and mini series.  Kim was waiting for him to tell her who will be his leading ladies.  When Gerald mentioned on movie with Sara and Bea on the mini series, Kim was in silence.   Gerald immediately knew what Kim was thinking so he told her not to worry.  He assured her that whatever is in front of the camera is not true. It’s just a job he said. “You just make sure that it is just a job Mr. Anderson.” Kim asserted Gerald. She heard Gerald laughing on the other side of the receiver and they both laughed. 

 

Friday is Kim’s 26th party and she made everyone know she doesn’t want a birthday bash for her.  What she doesn’t know is that Gerald already prepared a major birthday party for her.   Gerald however made a reservation for her to Boracay that weekend so they can relax and spent more quality time together. 

 

Friday night came and everyone was buzzing about Kim’ surprise party.  She was busy getting calls and greeted happy birthday all day.  All she wanted to do is just go home and rest.  She and Gerald made plans to have dinner that evening which she was looking forward to.  Nevertheless, Gerald drove her to the venue without her knowing since she was passed asleep.  He gently woke her up and told her, Hon we are here. “Where, Kim asked.” “Mom wants to see you before we go home and wanted to give you something.  Do you mind going there to greet her and then we can go home.” “Okay, I’ll be right back.”  As soon as she opened the door, everyone said “Surprise!”  Kim jumped and got startled that almost knocked her to the ground.

 

Everyone she knew was there. She couldn’t believe the turn out of the party because so far this is the biggest.  Her sister had dresses for her to change and the food catered was amazing.  When it was time for her to dance, Gerald came over surprisingly and all the heads turned.  The two was in their world and this time they didn’t care what anyone will say. 

 

The next morning, the tabloids were all about them.  “Reconciliation”, “Back in Each other Arms”, “Where have they been?” The gossip and rumors were endless.   This was going on while Kim and Gerald were no where insight.  They were in Boracay for the weekend and not in public most of the time.  They were away from the busy part of the town and nobody really knew them.  They weren’t taken aback at all with all the hoopla about them.  They are happy with each other and finally they are in each others arm. “We’ll deal with it when we get home, Gerald said.”