Chapter 6

The Time between Us

  

Kim got to the birthday party on time.  Maja and Matteo were there already so they mingled and Maja had some news for Kim.  “Hey Kim, guess what? I heard that Direk Ruel has a surprising guest arriving soon. I can’t get any more information than he’s coming back to showbiz.  He was gone for 3 years and I was thinking of Gerald but I figure he might be married by now and he will never come here to the Philippines. Who do you think it might be, Kim?”  “I have no clue, Maj.” Kim had a smirk on her face.

 

An hour later, Gerald arrived with Fred.  Everybody was surprised and buzzing about why he came back.  He was like a broken record saying that he’s not married and will be marrying soon to the woman he loves.  All the management was there and in converse about business but he didn’t care much about it but always keeping a lookout for Kim. 

 

Kim kept her distant from Gerald all night.  She didn’t want anybody to begin a gossip about the two of them.  She stayed outside the patio most of the time and when she was about to return to go inside, she felt a hand grabbed her waist and pulled her aside.  “I missed you.” “Ge, I missed you too, mwah. I have to go before someone sees us.” “Do you have to Kim, I don’t care anymore.”  “Don’t worry, soon Gerald, soon.”

 

At the party, Gerald kept her eyes on Kim all night.  There was a time when Fred noticed it and told Gerald, “Bro, are you sinking by the sight?” Gerald smiled and told Fred, “Bro, I just can’t wait to be with her anymore but I must do this for her. I’ve waited long enough so I guess I can be a little bit more patient.” “Gerald, I think you should do something about it.  You’re the man so you should come out and just say it so it will ease up the tension between the two of you.  Besides, the whole family knows about it which is the most important part.  Don’t think about what others will say, just do what is right.” Fred pointed out.

 

“GeGe, hey Gerald, how are you?”  Fred turned around and saw Sara G. “Oh boy, here she comes.”  Gerald smiled and gave Sara a hug.  Sara is still single and the talk in the tinsel town was that she’s looking for a mate.  She had boyfriends here and there but she could never have someone commit to her.  When she heard that Gerald is back from the states not married, she made sure to get notice by Gerald.

 

While Kim was talking to Angelica and Derek, she noticed Gerald and Sara talking.  She didn’t mind him talking to others girls but not Sara.  Somehow, she knew that Sara has more intention of talking with him.  Gerald curved towards where Kim was standing and saw Kim looking at him attentively.  Gerald exactly knew exactly what Kim meant by it so he excused himself to the restroom and Kim followed him.

 

“Having fun, Mr.Gerald Anderson?”  “When I hear you calling me by my full name, I already know what that means.”  “I don’t know what you are talking about but I just want to let you know that I’m watching you, Mr. Anderson.” Kim stated.  “Oh O, are you jealous my love.  I love it. Give me a kiss.” Kim gave him a quick peck and went out the hallway soon enough for Maja saw her coming down.