Chapter 1

The Time between Us

 1am in the morning and Kim is still awake reading a book on her ipad.  She didn’t mind sleeping late since she won’t be on the set of her MBG until next week.  As she was getting ready for bed, she heard a knock on her door.  At first she thought she was hearing things but she heard it again.

 As she was going downstairs, she felt a bit uneasy at first since she’s the only one in the house.  “I did tell Manong to lock the gate before they left for the weekend, did I”, Kim questioning herself? As she tip toed closer to the door, she startled when she heard her name yelled outside. “KIM!”

 Ge? Kim swung the door open and hit Gerald’s arm.  “What in the world are you doing here at this hour?” But the same time, she was happy to see him since they haven’t been bonding for quite a while.

“Aren’t you going to let me in, I have shomai for you. Gerald smiled.” “How did you know I was still up?” I saw the light still lit up in the bedroom so I figured you’re still up. And besides, I missed you and took a chance and praying that you might still be awake.” Gerald beamed at Kim. “Hey Gerald, are you just going home from the premier of your new movie?” Ge looked at her and gave her a smile and said, “No, I was actually hanging out with the guys and mom for a late dinner. I thought of you when I saw the shomai so I brought you some”.

 “Sure, you are hanging out with the guys, ha?” I saw the review and it looked like it will grab a lot of people to see it. I’m sure it will go well, it is your second movie with her and you guys have a good chemistry on film.”

 “Do I hear a bit of sarcasm in that tone of yours, Kim?” Gerald looked at Kim and smiled. Kim couldn’t help but smile back at Ge.  Although they haven’t seen each other for a while, they really try to keep in touch most of the time. Gerald hugged Kim from the back and gave him a big kiss on her left cheek and whispered, “I missed you, you know.” Kim felt so loved at that moment and wanted to return the favor.  Nonetheless, she just gave him a big hug as well.  When Kim was about to move away from Gerald after the hug, Gerald grabbed her wrist and pulled her over to him and cusp her face closer to him and said, “Kim, I….., Ah GERALD, the shomai is warm already, eat with me, Kim shouted.”

 “What are you doing tomorrow?” “I’m actually off for the rest of the week and I was thinking of maybe go to Cebu and hang out with my Lola since I haven’t seen her lately. Kim said.” “Good!” Gerald said quickly.  “Why is that good?” “Mom wanted me to come home with her since she said I looked beat and need rest.  She wants me to rest before I start a new week next week, Gerald said.”

 “Do you think we can go together, you know mom has been asking for you?” “I don’t know, Ge?” “Do you think that’s wise?”

 Gerald and Kim have been talking about getting back together since coming back from the Star Magic Tour. When they had the moment of being alone just the two of them and reminisce the old days, Gerald asked Kim if she could give him another chance. 

 FLASHBACK: “Gerald, you and I never did have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship? You have no reason to ask me for another chance.  What you and I had will forever be engraved in my heart and you will always be here no matter what.  You will always the person I will think off neither whenever I’m alone, when I’m sad nor when I need someone.”  Gerald, I really don’t know what I will do if I have never known or met you.  By saying that, I really don’t want to ruin what we already have because I don’t want to lose you, Gerald.”

 “Kim, we both know that you are a risk taker and I understand what you are saying.  But Kim, how are we going to know if we aren’t going to at least try. Please, can you at least give me a chance?  You know how much I love you, you know how much I care for you and you know how much you mean to me.  Every time I am alone and feel downcast, I think of you and you, you just make me smile again.”

 Kim’s eyes were filled with tears and Gerald wiped them away and told her that if I ever hurt you while we are together, I myself will go away and you will not see me anymore.

 Kim looked at his eyes intently and gave him a big kiss on his lips.  It was locked and Gerald never wanted to let go. “Is that a yes, Kim?”

 “Ge, we both know when we go back home to Philippines, you and I will never have this moment of being alone anymore.  We can’t be seen in public and people will be all over us.  How about if we make this proposition? Kim turned to Ge”.

 “What is it? I’m game for anything just to be with you.” Gerald eagerly waits.

 “How about if you and I just stay where we are at now as friends? If in 5 years, while we have this time apart between us and still SINGLE, destiny and fate is on our side, we will meet again.  From there, we can start over and I will say yes.” Kim faced Gerald.

 “So you are going to make me wait 5 years?” Gerald answered.

 “No Ge, I am not making you wait.  Within those 5 years, you and I can have different lives. You can date or even have a girlfriend, you can go where ever you want, have fun but not having me in the picture and I myself will do the same.  If and then that you and I meet after 5 years and unattached, then we can start over again.  Although that is only if you still have feelings for me or vice versa.  Anything can happen in 5 years and will never know what God has store for us.  You know what I mean, Ge?”

 Gerald knew exactly what Kim was proposing, but somehow he doesn’t like nor see the idea of Kim being with someone else other than him.  Gerald knows that Kim means well by it and he will go with the plan even though he doesn’t like the idea.

 “I get it Kim. But I just want you to know that I don’t like this idea.” Gerald shoots back at Kim.

 “We are still young Ge, we have a lot of things that we need to accomplish before settling down. You already know that when I’m with someone, I want that person to be the person I will be with for the rest of my life. Call me old fashion but that’s the way I want things in life.”

 As they stroll in Central Park that evening, the night was filled with stars and the moon was vividly bright.  It was one of the most memorable evenings that will change their lives forever. 

 Ge turned to Kim and intently looked in her eyes.  They both knew exactly what they are feeling for each other and as Ge leaned over to kiss Kim……….