Chapter 5

The Time between Us

 

Kim was perplexed and didn’t want to turn around because she exactly knew who it was.

 

“Kim, please turn around?”  Kim couldn’t help but cry.  She didn’t want him to see her like this but the emotions are high.  Gerald rushed and hugged her. “You don’t know how much I miss you, Kim. Please don’t cry, I didn’t mean to have you go through this but this is the only way I can think of.” 


Kim was speechless, she couldn’t think of anything to say.   They were both on the floor, on each other’s arm and tears streaming down their faces.  The moment of silence lasted for a few minutes until Kim got up and started hitting Gerald. 

 

“I can’t believe you did this. Do you know what in the world you got me into?  I really thought I will never see you again.  Wait, I thought you are married?  I thought you had quit showbiz?  What exactly are you doing here, Ge?” “Do you know how much I….

 

“Kim…Kim, please? I kept the end of my bargain and I was never with someone. I left and came back because of you.  You said 5 years and I waited 5 years. I said it before Kim, I will wait until you say YES!”

 

Kim looked at Gerald’s eyes earnestly and found him really adorable and how she missed him just being there for her.  Gerald was about to give him a kiss and Kim waited patiently until the crowd came in with a bang.  The whole family Chiu and Anderson’s were there.  Kim couldn’t believe how her family was all in it as well. But they are at most jovial when they saw the two of them together at last.

 

They all stayed for lunch and dinner. They laughed, joked and reminisce the old days.  Kim and Gerald haven’t been alone but stayed and never let go of each other throughout that day.  Gerald pressured and made Kim stayed with him when everyone had gone home.  He gave Kim a tour of the entire house and explained to her what was his inspiration to built a house on the mountain. “Faith will move mountains but my love for you will always remain in me, Kim.” Gerald and Kim finally kissed that longing kiss they waited for. 

 

 They stayed up all night talking and didn’t get to sleep until almost 4am.  Kim woke up by her ringing cell phone and it was 11am.   “Where are you Kim, aren’t you going to Direk Ruel’s birthday bash? Maja explained.” “Oh, what time is the party, not until 1pm right?”  “Kim the party starts at 1pm, I though we were going to shop before we go.” “Sorry Maj, I totally forgot. Can I just meet you and Matteo at the party at 1 pm. I had to do some errands.” “Okay, just make sure to be there mahfrend.” “I will, see you.”

 

Gerald didn’t wake up until Kim hung up with Maja and asked who that was.  She explained to him that they are going to Ruel’s party.  “Oh yes, Direk invited me as well.”

 

“How did he know that you are here?” Kim asked. “He found out through Fred and called me as soon as I got home. “I have to get going Ge, I have to get ready.” “Can’t we go together Kim?” “I don’t think that’s a good idea, at least not yet Ge.” “When are we letting the public take notice?” Gerald gave Kim a hug and kiss.  He didn’t want to let her go but she had to get ready.  They both heard the doorbell rang and both went downstairs and see that it was Fred.  Kim and Fred kept in touch because Gerald told Fred to look after Kim while he was away. 

 

“I’ll see you at the party my love.” “Are you going by yourself or with someone?”  “I will be with Maja and Matteo when I get there. Don’t get upset if I don’t talk to you nor notice you.”  “It will take some time to get use to but everything will turn out fine, Ge.”

“Promise, Kim.”

“Promise, Ge.”

 “I love you Kim!”

 “I love you Ge!”