Chapter 10

The Time between Us

Gerald:  Yes, Yes it’s Kim Chiu.  I love her so much.

He couldn’t help but cry and almost can’t stand the fact that Kim is not there with him.

 

Boy:  How long has it been?  How come nobody knew about the two of you?  Wow, this is fascinating.

 

Gerald:  Kim wanted to wait until everything had all settled since I just came back from the states and me being back to showbiz.  She said it’s too soon and didn’t want to ruin my career.

 

She is so loving, caring and never was ever selfish with me.  I always thought everything that I do is right but somehow I always get myself into a situation that sometimes I don’t dare to think twice.  I know she deserves better but I just can’t let her go.  I can’t see her being with someone else but me.  I loved her since PBB and I loved her before I left for PI. I can’t live without her.  I just can’t, I tried.

 

“Kim, can we at least talk. I need to talk to you.”

 

After the interview, his phone was off the hook.  They were wondering why he did what he did without permission.  He was hoping that Kim would call him but nothing from her.

 

A few days after the buzz, Gerald never left the house.  He never talked nor called back the management or his handler.  He only talks to his friends and family.  Furthermore, his career had ended when he left that interview.  He didn’t care anymore.  He’s even considering of going back to the states, live with his dad and start a new life.

 

The night he was packing he got a call from Kim’s sister.  “Ge, I know Kim is going to kill me for this but this is where you can find her.”  “Thank you, thank you ate.”  “Ge, please take good care of her.  I talked to her a few minutes ago and she said she still loves you.”

 

Kim was walking along the beach before sunset and admiring the scenery.  She seemed peaceful but deep down, she is missing someone.  She tried not to think about Gerald but that’s all she could do is think about him.  As she sat on the white sandy beach waiting for the sun to set, she felt someone is watching her from behind. 

 

“Hello Kim.”

 

“I thought you will be gone by now.”

 

“If that is what you want I will go. But I wanted to talk to you before I leave.”

 

“Ge, there is no reason for explanation.  I already know what transpired and you don’t have to do any justification.  Sara called and told me all about it.”

 

“I know it will take some time for you to forgive me but I just want you to know that my love for you was and will always be genuine. Believe me when I say that everything I did was not intentionally to hurt you.  Kim, if I can’t have you then there’s no reason for me to stay.  If you want me to go I will go but if you….”

 

“Gerald, you and I have been through a lot of tough times.  We fall but we always seem to recover strong.  While away, I got myself thinking about a lot of stuff.  I found out what really is important to me and what is missing in my life.  Someday, I would like to have a big family of my own.  A husband that will be with me until I die who loves me and cherish me and be with me through thick and thin. Not only that, someone will stay true to me no matter what. 

 

“Kim, I’m sorry.  I don’t know what to do anymore.” Gerald professed.  “But before I leave, I want you to know that I love you and I will always will until I die.”

 

The next day, Gerald said his short goodbyes to everyone especially to his mom and brother.  As he was boarding the plane, he was thinking that maybe Kim will be there to say goodbye but she was not where in sight.  He seated in the first class by the window and had put his laptop on the other seat thinking no one will be next to him; the flight attendant however told him the seat is not vacant.

 

Gerald had put his earphones on and didn’t want to be bothered.  He dimmed his lights and almost fell asleep suddenly someone gently touched his hand. 

 

“You didn’t think you were going to leave me just like that, were you?”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Ssshhhh…..its okay, don’t say a word.  I already know what you are going to say.”

 

“You just don’t know how I’m so happy to see you.  I love you so much Kim!”

 

“I love you too Gerald.”

 

They live happily ever after……

 

Sorry guys, I have to cut it short. Going on vacation eh.... I'll write more next year.  Have a great CHRISTmas and happy 2012! Peace