Chapter 8

The Time between Us

Gerald started filming his movie with Sara.  There’s a buzz that maybe they are trying to rekindle what they had before in the last movie together.  Kim on the other hand is not worried about Bea.  Gerald has been really busy but he finds the time to be with Kim.  He will go to her house when he’s free for a bit before going to the set of the movie.  Sometimes, he will go to the set MBG and will wait for her to have lunch.  They will text each other and call whenever they have a free time. 


The time is very constraint between the two of them since Kim will start shooting a movie with Xian.  Sometimes after ASAP they will sneak out to see each other and meet at the church and have lunch.  They will end up vegetating on the couch and will be pass asleep.  Later that week, meeting was impossible and they didn’t see each other after 2 ½ weeks. 

 

Kim knew that Gerald will be on the Buzz with Sara so she watched it.  The gossip about them was tremendously an earful and a bit heartbreaking but Kim had to endure it for the sake of the “job”.   There were behind the scene pictures of Sara massaging Gerald’s back, feeding him lunch and holding hands on the set.  Although Kim knew what the truth is, sometimes it isn’t enough to swallow the fake emotions she’s having.

 

Gerald and Sara had to do promos and appearances for the movie together.  Gerald gave Kim all the schedules so at least she’s not in the dark about his whereabouts. One night, she had a car problem. She got stuck in the middle of the highway and called for service.  Since it was too late, no one was answering.  She called friends but no luck either.  She decided to call Gerald since he is her boyfriend after all.  She gave him a ring but hesitated because she knew he will be busy.  She called him at least 2 times and on the third time, a woman answered and was baffled. “Hello is Gerald there?” Kim asked. “He’s actually busy with Sara and can’t come to the phone. Can I ask who this is please?” Kim was so pissed that she told the woman,   “Can you tell her that his girlfriend called and I need his help on going home, thank you very much.” The woman didn’t answer back and Kim just hangs up.  “How can he busy at this hour and what is he doing there?

 

She finally got a hold of Xian and brought her home safely.  She was silent on the way home and he asked what the matter was.  “Kim, I know what’s going on with you and Gerald. You don’t have to hide it from me.  Do you want to talk about it?”  “Xian, thanks but I think I will sit this one out. Sorry, but I just don’t feel like talking right now.”  “I’m here if you need me.”

 

After 2pm, her cell phone was buzzing and Gerald was calling.  He called at least 10 times and left voicemails but Kim didn’t want to talk to him. She turned off her cell phone so she could sleep.  The next day, she was hoping Gerald will come over for breakfast but he didn’t.  She saw his schedule and he will be in Davao to promote the movie.  She turned the cell phone on and she listened to all 10 voicemails he left for her to hear.  It was all about being sorry.  Xian called Gerald about what happened and didn’t mean to leave the phone on the counter.  He blamed himself for not thinking and he is truly sorry.

 

She will give him the benefit of the doubt so she texted him.  Gerald said he will make it up to her when he comes back in two days.  He said he will never do that again. They forgave each other and they are both in the same mode.  Kim knew what time he will be home from the airport so she decided to surprise him with a home cook meal.  She took some classes on how to cook since he did give her the cookware.  Her plan was to go to his house before he gets there and prepare. 

 

As he pulled to the driveway, she was getting ready to freshen up and wanted to be pretty for him.  When the door opened, what she saw was unexpected.  She was a bit shocked and heartbroken.