Five

Absence of Mentality

The group travelled the halls together with an awkward Suho constantly looking back to check on them as each second passed. He really had no clue what his patients were thinking besides searching the halls and calling the names of the missing members, although the youngest would rummage around in each employee’s room looking for his bunny plush.

While they were walking from Sector C to Sector D, a pair of footsteps in the group halted while the rest continued on rushing faster as they saw the member Luhan run across the hall ahead yelling in threes.

Time slowed down to that one person as he saw a boy; younger than all the other patients he has seen within the hospital. The individual’s trail turned away from the family and raced over to the young male as suho’s voice echoed the hall, “Kyungsoo!” But Suho was tied down to the other members as they continued the search.

Kyungsoo walked up to the boy cautiously wondering why he was here locked up with a bunch of crazies. The boy’s head was buried onto his knees as his back pressed against the wall. his hands were tightly gripping his elbows as one of them had a large bloodied glass dangling down from his fingers. His shoulders were shaking uncontrollably and Soo reached out a hand trying to calm and settle the shaky body. The small head popped up, a couple of red swollen eyes wide open and staring. Only then D.O could understand the doctor’s reasoning for keeping this child in the hospital and his body froze at the sight.

“A-annyeonghaseo,” the kid sputtered out both in fear and agony. There had been cuts all over his face that seemed to deepen with every layer. the large cuts took over most of the image as the smaller ones beneath were in the process of healing. Sooo immediately recognized one of the eyes were critically wounded with a shard poking out gleaming in the light’s embrace as red droplets slid to the edge dripping down as they reached the finish.

“I-” he was speechless as such an action been taken by such a young child.

“It’s all nothing.” D.O looking into the working eye with confusion of what he said. “They only hurt the man inside of me.”

“What man?”

“The man that tells me nice things. The man that tells me it’s okay to cry and to take care of myself.” The hand holding the glass came up to between their faces showing off the material. “I hate that man, more than I hate the nurses.”

The large lips of the older curved into a caring friendly smile and began to move after a long pause, “I can help you be rid of that man.” It was the only way he thought. The hospital had been in chaos with every monster running down the hallways chasing the good intending people.

The small body crashed into the bigger and weeped as the head nuzzled into kyungsoo’s shirt. He could tell the boy wish so dearly to make this “man” vanish like a magician does to some fans in his shows.

“It might hurt a little, but don’t look.” A needle held in the large pockets was pulled out into the atmosphere as the boy continued burying his head into the clothed chest.

“It couldn’t hurt me more than he does,” muttered the 14 year old filling D.O with guilt as he pluged the needle into the tender skin of the boy’s neck. Some tears pushed up against his eyes making the feeling of disbelief to mix in  with the guilt. He pushed his thumb against the syringe enter the air into the boy’s system and waiting for the body to go limp as it did in a little extent of time.

Kyungsoo then picked up the lifeless body into both of his arms and carried it away leading to an empty room. He would lay it across the bed organizing the blankets after pulling them over the boy. His lip were painted red as he kissed the forehead hoping to give a lost soul comfort before leaving the room with great agony feeling his heart.