Four

Absence of Mentality

“Sector B,” the sign read. Kyungsoo sat down on the stairs next to it. Another door was on the side, again flooded by the mentally ill trying to escape. It was rather surprising that the patients hadn’t broke through by now Kyungsoo admitted to himself. Right at that moment a large man walked up to Soo while the little one was staring off at the others, when he spoke Kyungsoo cursed to himself after jumping up in fright.

“Hey, what are you doing he-”

“Get out of my business, pig bones.” Kyungsoo interrupted feeling irritated by the scared feeling he got from the man sneaking up on him. His eyes closed from being pissed off and next thing he knew there was a hand that grabbed his throat and pressed him against the wall.
“What the did you just say?” The man had grinned and added more pressure. Soo could barely breathe anymore.

“Y-you can… die.” His hand had taken the plate shard out of his pocket and rammed it into the back of the man’s throat when he was yelling. The big guy backed off in pain and Soo dropped to the ground catching his breath. The man was gurgling his own blood in a couple of seconds, his screaming flooded by his red liquid. Soo came closer and grinned back at him, “not so tough now, are you” then kicked his heel into the gaping mouth to push the shard even further.

As D.O went up one floor from the scene he heard Suho’s voice once again on the bottom floor gasping at the corpse he found, “Don’t tell me Kyungsoo did this…” Soo looked down and saw suho wiping his eyes a little and that’s when Sehun spotted him and notified mom. Mom looked up, his eyes full of disappointment and fright as the murderer waved with a big smile on his face.

The murderer gave a friendly smile, “I was starting to miss the both of you.”

“Did you do this Kyungsoo?!”

“Yeah, you should already know the answer.”

“You need to stop doing this D.O! Didn’t you want to go free? Reme-”

“But he attacked me mom,” he pouted a little trying to look cute and innocent like Suho probably wanted, “I was just protecting myself.” Sehun caught his attention, his eye was twitching and his hand was gripping onto moms arm harder than when they arrived. “What’s wrong, Sehunnie?”

“T-they tried to hurt hyung?” A small concern filled with anger filling in the slots of nervousness.

“Yeah~ he was a bad man, wasn’t he?” The little one nodded in agreement and Soo smiled, “There’s more men like him around here, but you’ll protect mom right?”

“I am protecting mom! I won’t let any of these motherers touch her!”

D.O chuckled and glided down the stairs to them, Suho’s face slowly becoming frightened with every step he took while Sehun was still showing his seriousness in protecting their mom.

“Well it’s been awhile since we seen each other? Shall we walk?” Questioned Kyungsoo as he wrapped his arm around Suho’s waist into a hug. The taller man’s eyes had widened and his body shook a little that Soo could feel the trembles underneath his fingertips. “Don’t be scared, mom. I love you.”

In the background there was a laughing voice approaching them, “Look baekkie, it’s Soo and Hun, and mom,” the man cheered before he reached the little group and followed along their side as they went to find the missing members of the family, Luhan and Lay.

“Don’t worry, mother. We’ll find them and leave this horrid place.”