White Night

Days like this

His keys rustled and soon disappeared into the back pocket of his jeans. It wasn't as much as a late Christmas shopping spree as he had wished it to be but more of a lonely walk in between hundreds of people, noisy cars and cold air. There was little snow lying on the side of the streets, dirty and nearing a black color when regarded different segments of the frozen water, those dark little bits were the reason some people loathed the cold season. Quite unfair, surely, but walking down the crowded sideways made him realize that it was comparable to each and every soul walking in front of him, behind him or on the other side of the street. Youngjae was sure of it, the people that just didn't like winter were those who just saw the unsightly, the black pieces of the snow, slippery roads, sickness, a waste of money. Never would the young man understand how some could detest the time around Christmas. They'd be with their family and friends, having cozy evenings around a coffee table and lights would shine through the windows, coming from the brightly lit city. Yet, he found himself growing an unpleasant feeling towards the last month of the year.


 

Say, just how unfair was it that he was alone in this moment. He had feared it would happen, but not now, not so soon. It left Youngjae feeling as if he was insufficient. As if all those years they've shared were nothing, left somewhere between the ugly snow that was plastered on the busy streets of Seoul. Not matter which way he'd look at it, somehow it was predictable and has been since the beginning of the now ending year, but it hurt to admit and maybe that's why the youth had disregarded it for as long as he could remember now.


 


 

Nayeon and he had been together since their last year of high school, he was 18 and she 17, graduating in the same year but both chose different majors when it came to college. Now he was 21, and his birthday was coming closer too so he could say they've been together for nearly four years and Youngjae thought that it was legitimate suffering he was going through right now. But the biggest surprise wasn't that she had broken up with him; and that on Christmas Eve, how maladjusted, it was that his tears just didn't want to fall after she left their shared apartment with all her belongings stuffed into two huge suitcases. He was sad, surely, but not because his long term girlfriend had left him, it felt more like a departure of a very close friend and that's maybe why she had left.


 

They weren't like they used to be, Youngjae never found the time to arrange romantic dates anymore like he did in their first year of dating and neither did his heart flutter after two years have passed. When the third year rolled around, all they could manage to do was sit on their sofa in the small apartment they just moved in to and eat ramyun out of cheap cups from the nearest grocery store. Both of them were engrossed in their studies, Nayeon had taken a biological course when she entered college and he himself took English, they never were similar and Youngjae started to wonder how they spent so many years in the others presence without being bored. And maybe he just thought they never were bored with the other, he couldn't have known, Nayeon never said anything. She never told him that she was growing tired of their relationship, that they were drifting apart and just didn't fit together anymore or that she found herself another boy, someone she loved more than she loved him. But Youngjae couldn't understand how she was able to, she was the only one, the closest one he dared to call his love, he hated it when people would throw the term around as if it didn't mean anything, as if it didn't belong to one of the most beautiful subjects of life. He even feared to say „I love you“ to her for the first two years of their relationship, and after that he never exaggerated it.


 

Maybe Nayeon thought he didn't love her, maybe she didn't want to be the closest thing Youngjae was able to call love, after all she was a wonderful girl and he had thought that she deserved the world but he wasn't able to give it to her. So after Youngjae was done thinking about why they ended, their slightly heated conversation from earler had repeated itself more than enought in his hea he thought, he just pulled on some warm clothes and left the apartment because it was all but cozy and enjoyable to be in there after what happened. It felt a little bit like suffocating.


 

But as soon as he was on the streets, he wanted to return home, drink something warm and eat the muffins he and Nayeon made just the other day. Sure, it would just make him feel even lonelier than he already was but at least he could eat sweets. His mother had taught Nayeon many things such as Youngjaes favorites cakes and they would always bake together after they came from visiting his parents. They loved Nayeon, so much that his mother was completely sure that the two of them would marry one day and have two little sons together. She would be sad to hear that they've broke up and Youngjae didn't want to ruin his parents Christmas and neither could be just celebrate with them because they drove all the way down to Gwangju to celebrate with his grandparents, so showing up (without Nayeon) was not even considerable.


 

He strode along the different big streets of Seoul, losing interest in looking at expensive store after expensive store. Youngjae had to hold back a groan at the thought of the necklace he had bought his now ex-girlfriend, wondering if he should just send it to her parents house (she moved in with them) or if he should try and return it to the store, after all he was a college student that had to pay rent and most of the time he was short on money and too air headed to accept it from his parents. Annoyed by the thought of it all, he left the busy streets, living in the city since his childhood showing its great advantages.

It was quieter than before, the cry of a small boy getting his attention fast when he saw a young man kneeling in front of the kid that probably slipped on the ice that was on the sidewalk, another boy clinging to the mans arm and looking at his brother. It warmed Youngjaes heart when the man picked the boy up and brushed the hair out of his face, taking the hand of the other child and disappearing into a small alley. The smaller streets were a lot more familiar and the Christmas lights were friendlier, Youngjae had always liked the calm atmosphere that was coming from the apartment buildings and small convenience stores. It also led to that part of the town were all the restaurants and bars were and all of a sudden Youngjae wanted to drink. He never was one of those people that drank much, maybe something for dinner but nothing more, he'd never thought he would find himself searching for some bar after dawn. But yet, he was looking at the different locations searching for nothing in particular.


 

Youngjae knew it was still a little early for most of the bars to expect customers but he didn't really mind when he entered one that was looking a bit familiar, maybe he went here with his friends some time but he wasn't really sure of it. It was a lot warmer inside and he didn't need to look for a free seat as there were only a few salesmen sitting on single tables drinking beer. He took his seat right at the bar and a tired looking bartender approached him the second he took off his coat.

"May I help you?" He begins.

"Ah yes." Youngjae swallows and evens out his dark blue shirt, breaking eye contact for a moment. "I'd like a Manhattan."

"Old Fashioned?" The man asked.

"Yes." The letters left his lips without a thought left in his mind, even if he didn't know the meaning of an Old Fashioned Manhattan, let aside his lack of knowledge in cocktails in general.

Youngjae watched the man that seemed to be a few years older than him taking out a tall glass, along with it, a bottle of booze, bitters, some water and sugar. The bartender muddled the sugar into the water to form a syrup, mixed it up with the booze and the bitters to create a bittersweet taste. He now handled different types of bottles from under the wooden counter, Youngjae couldn't read more than "rum agricole", mixing it with a dry martini and shaking the entire thing up.

"Would you like weak or heavy bourbons in your drink?" The mans voice was raspy and Youngjae could absolutely not figure out what he meant by that.

"Heavy." He choked out.

Watching as the bartender put bourbon with a muscular rye-heavy mashbill in the drink, sliding it over and Youngjae took a hold of the glass, carefully nipping on it.

"You don't look like you have any idea what you're drinking there." The bartender said, his facial features softened and he leaned a little on the counter.

Youngjae was clearly displeased that he had been found out that quickly but he didn't have much to say and wasn't oblivious to his defeat.

"You could be right with that." He said, taking small sips from the reddish-brown liquor in front of him.

"I've also never seen you here, nor around, may I ask why the sudden craving for alcohol?"

"Break up." Youngjae said shortly and gulped down what was left of his drink, staring at the remaining empty glass and a small giggle came from the bartender.

"She must've been something special if you decide to come here and get drunk. I'm Himchan, by the way." The man, Himchan, said and took the glass away from Youngjae, giving him a stern look over and then he started taking out different bottles with colored liquor in it.

"I'm Youngjae." he said whilst watching the skilled bartender let his hands do its wonders. "What are you doing?" Youngjae asked out of curiosity, because he was still the only one sitting at the bar counter and the men that were mindlessly drinking their beer haven't asked for some cocktails yet.

"You seem to be in need of vodka, I also think you'd like the cocktails that are more of the fruity type, Youngjae." The man grinned.

Himchan placed one bottle with red content and another one which held a pure bright yellow one in it and a bottle with something crystal clear in it, like water. Vodka.

"This is very easy to make actually, I could write it down for you." The older man said and smiled at Youngjae who was deeply interested in the mixture the other was about to perform. "See, you take raspberry liquor and simple pineapple juice and mix it with vodka."

He placed the content of all three bottles in some kind of cocktail shaker and flashed Youngjae a quick smile before starting to shake vigorously. Youngjae flinched at the sudden movement and watched in awe as Himchan poured the finished drink into a tall Martini glass.

"Voilà. A French Martini." The latter smiled once again and watched as Youngjae took the glass to his lips, the alcohol making him blush a little.

"It tastes good. I'm not too familiar with vodka but I remember that it tastes very... it burns a lot when you swallow it dry but this tastes a lot sweeter."

"Because of the fruits, they numb out the taste of the vodka." Himchan said, nodding his head and when he saw that Youngjae was listening with interest he continued. "We could use Pravda which is completely tasteless just to underline the taste of the raspberries and pineapple. But our customers seem to love the drink the way it is. And for that we use two kinds of vodka, one which is from Kazakhstan, called "Snow Queen" and I adore that name. Doesn't it sounds really pretty?" He asked and Youngjae was surprised that the other actually expected an answer from him so he nodded in agreement, taking a few sips from his glass. "It really sounds pretty. Well and for the other we use "Wodka Gorbatschow" which sounds very russian and most are surprised when we tell them that its origin is actually in Berlin, Germany. Well the inventor is from Russia but he moved so it kinda is russian... Don't ask me about European history, I already had a hard time with the Korean one in high school."

Youngjae laughed along with Himchan and his glass was empty after a little bit of chit chatting.


 

"So tell me about that girl of yours." Himchan said, taking a quick glance to the door to see if any customers were arriving but it was only around eight in the evening and most of the people that visited the bar came between nine and ten to stay until the early morning.

"It's nothing, you know? I just feel a little empty because she left and that on Christmas Eve." Youngjae blurted, the alcohol slowly taking its toll on his inexperience.

"How's that nothing? It's totally fine to be sad about it." The older reassured him and sounded as if he was able to support Youngjae in any life crisis.

"No, see. It's not like I even miss her. We've been together for four entire years and I think I've fallen out of love sometime. It jut feels weird that she's not there anymore, she always was there, it's like you lost some... some piece of clothing or something I don't know." The boy started to blabber and didn't really mind anymore. He liked the way Himchan nodded from time to time and the small "Ah"s and "Yes"s that left his lips.


 

"Sounds quite bearable if you ask me." Himchan said after the younger had talked his ear off for the last twenty minutes and after he had served Youngjae a "French 75" and some small drinks in between.

The boy had been going on and on about the way he just was weirded out that his mother would probably be sadder about this break up than he himself was, and the muffins that he left standing on their his kitchen counter.

"I gotta go now, okay? My shift is ending." Himchan patted Youngjaes shoulder, who had his head in between in arms and hoped that his co-worker would be able to handle the boy and he at least wanted to warn the younger bartender, even though he knew that the boy had to handle many more of those confrontations as many more customers were at the bar counter in his shift. He left the seemingly tired Youngjae and hoped for the younger to come by more often, he was kind of fun talking to.

Himchan headed to the back of the bar were the other employees and he could put their belongings when they were working, it was a small room but perfectly fine for its make of use.

"Hey, move your you should've been out there when I left. Also," Himchan smirked, and the other instantly lifted his head, knowing what it meant when his friend did that, "there's a real cutie out there mourning over his, well, ex girlfriend, saying he fell out of love months ago and such." The older put on his coat and watched as the other bartender put on his shirt. "Don't be mean to him Daehyunnie ya."

"Me? How could you think of me so lowly?"


 

Youngjaes head spun around when he heard someone laughing softly, his glance landing on a young man, maybe a little bit older than he himself was, who was now drying clean cocktail glasses as his eyes were steadied on Youngjaes features.

"Where did the other bartender go?"

Another chuckle emitted and the younger had to admit that a slight shiver found its way down his spine, making him feel colder than it already was even though the alcohol was supposed to heat his blood and make him feel warm again.

"So you're the little rascal that's been going on and about after his second drink?" The strangers voice was thick, rich like honey mixed with warm milk and maybe Youngjae didn't need the alcohol anymore.

"Who're you to call me a rascal?" He said, arms crossing in front of his chest and his eyes darted down to the others lips, regret making itself present in Youngjaes stomach because they were full. Plump and thick, a bit chapped but that wasn't the matter. Youngjae gulped.

"The bartender, and I assure you I can throw your sassy out of this bar any time." The bartender smirked, taking in the boys doe eyes, small pointy nose and rosy lips, Himchan has been right after all, this boy was indeed incredibly cute.

"Well you'd lose a customer, I don't think your boss would like that." Youngjae countered, a satisfied smile on his lips.

The older was raising an eyebrow at Youngjae and headed to the other end of the bar counter, serving a young lady and her company of an seemingly older guy.

"I don't think I would like to lose a customer like you."

Youngjae wasn't sure if he heard right, but his eyes met the others and suddenly there was a heavy lump in his throat. He felt a slight blush reaching his cheeks but hoped for the best and the other man not to notice.

"S-suit yourself." He cursed at himself for stuttering but still glared at the bartender, gulping down the rest of Himchans last drink.

The man on the other side of the counter hummed and held the eye contact, pleased when Youngjae continued to glare at his now empty glass instead of him.

"So, what would you like to drink, Sir?" The bartender voice was teasing and Youngjae didn't seem to have a problem on catching up on that.

"A French Martini." Youngjae didn't hesitate to answer this time, a proud smile formed on his lips and he cocked his head to the side.

The other man snickered and took out the same bottles Himchan did earlier the evening. Youngjae was following the mans every move, his hands were fulfilling their work gracefully and the younger couldn't take his eyes off of him. Youngjae could feel his body suddenly heating up as he was watching those skilled hands working, he cupped his cheeks, thinking it was the alcohol that left him flustered.

"There you go, a French Martini."

The bartender handed him the drink with a sly smile and turned around, having to serve the people that were entering the bar more and more.


 

Youngjae didn't know what it was, maybe because his conversation with Himchan had been a nice experience and now he was just someone out of dozens of customers. He felt a little bit left alone, although knowing that he couldn't be the only one who gets to have attention this evening it was getting quite depressing. Himchan had been telling him that it was okay to mourn over Nayeon and even half assed mourning was okay. But he had this lingering feeling of being left alone in his gut, worry was eating him alive because all he had now was himself but it wasn't something he had to rub into other peoples faces, he didn't want anyone pitying him. At least he didn't have to see his Ex every day on campus because she went to a different college than him, and somehow he was relieved but it scared him to be all on his own from now on. He didn't have to experience moving out of his parents house and live in an empty flat or move in with strangers that went to the same college and were assigned to be his dorm mates. He always had the familiar with him, Nayeon being something to hold on since he was an adult. They've always bee together from the day on they were dating, not particularly in the way a boyfriend and girlfriend would be but in a way were two friends were growing up together. Knowing each other since their first year of high school until now had an impact on their lives for sure and Youngjae was finding himself to have a hard time coming to terms with it.


 

Is everything alright with you?“ An a little bit too familiar voice reached Youngjaes ears and his head snapped up, leading it to throb in a quite unpleasant way.

There was a young boy standing in front of him behind the counter, wearing the same shirt as the bartender from just some minutes ago. He had sharp features and small, cat like eyes that seemed to pierce through Youngjaes own ones. He didn't know from where or how but he was sure that he knew this boy even if his face wouldn't come in in past memories of his.

Oh, I'm fine. Peachy.“ Youngjae grimaced and took the glass in front of him to his lips once again, wanting to drown the content jerkily but forgetting that it has been empty since some time now. His cheeks turned a light shade of red from embarrassment but the young bartender didn't seem to mind as he placed his elbows on the counter, locking his gaze with Youngjae.

You know, you're quite the pretty one-“

Yah! Jongup, don't flirt with the customers or I'll tell Siwon.“ The same honey like voice from before interrupted suddenly and Youngjae heard the boy in front of him letting out a low grumble as he was pulled around by the other ones hand.
„You're so shy outside the bar and I like that version of you a lot better. There are guests waiting at table four and nine, the drinks are on the tray.“

The younger bartender nodded short mannered and turned around to get back to his work, mumbling a quiet „As if you aren't flirting with him.“


 

I'm so sorry for the disturbance, he's new.“ The male said and flashed a cocky smile.

So his name is Jongup?“ Youngjae asked, looking at the young man that was handing out drinks to the associated tables.

Yes, Jongup. Why?“ If he didn't see wrongly, there was a small hint of annoyance in the other ones eyes but Youngjae couldn't grasp it in the short amount of time it lingered there.

I think I know him. Does he go to college by any chance?“

He does, as many his age actually do.“ The bartender said, leaning a little against the counter just the way Himchan did when he was talking to Youngjae.

So is his name Moon Jongup?“ Youngjae asked, not looking at the man right in front of him but following the younger bartenders facile movements.

He is, I'm still wondering why you're questioning. He's not like some upcoming idol or did I miss something?“ The bartender said jokingly, not leaving Youngjae alone with his dark eyes.

Oh no, I don't think so.“ Youngjae finally looked away from Jongup, meeting the intense stare from the other man who was taken back by the sudden attention he got from the dark haired one opposite the counter.
„My dongsaeng knows him, he talks a lot about his dancing skills. They're in some... I don't know, some dance get together from college.“ Youngjae finishes, giving the boy Junhong has been talking about since he entered the college a quick look over.


 

Junhong was a boy Youngjae had met through classes actually, an old teacher of him had wanted him to work on a project with the younger one because he was „one of the clever heads but too easy to distract“, as his teacher had liked to say.

And as the apt pupil Youngjae had found himself to be he didn't mind doing a project with the boy together but he surely wasn't prepared to be met with a young, energetic boy who had blond bangs and just wasn't able to concentrate on one subject for a longer amount of time.

But the two of them were successfully able to pull off this project thing and they found themselves enjoying the others company and somehow they became (awfully) close, but Junhong would pat his head lovingly if he'd hear Youngjae talking like this about their friendship and say he knew that Youngjae loved him. The older one did, he grew fond of the chaotic, tall guy he called his best friend in such a short lapse of time.

You're smiling, so I'm not sure which memories I've brought up in your head but I'm glad.“ The bartender said cheekily, pulling Youngjae out of his train of thought.

Oh please, don't think too highly of yourself.“ Youngjae replied and glared at the man in front of him, heat making itself known in his cheeks once again.

I liked you smiling a lot more than you giving me that look.“

Youngjae was now entirely sure that he looked completely dumbfounded but the other was so very irritating that he couldn't think fast enough before the man pulled out several bottles and a clean glass.

I think you'd like something to drink, this ones on the house.“

Thank you but no thanks.“ Youngjae tried but his rejection was rudely rejected as well when the bartender just shook his head.


 

Can't Himchan just come back, he was much more understanding than you are.“ Youngjae groaned when a glass with deep blue liquor was placed in front of him.

Oh you two were already calling each other by your names?“ The man asked, surprise glistening in his dark orbs.

I don't see where you're going with this.“ Youngjae muttered, sipping on the drink which tasted surprisingly a lot like green mint and partly sugar.

I'm Daehyun.“ He grinned and Youngjae couldn't help but think that it was a pretty name, of course he would never voice it out loud.

Youngjae.“ And yet again he was reaching for his glass to gulp down its content, the sweetness numbing out the strong taste of alcohol.

I'm not sure why Himchan thought you should be watched over, you seem to be handling your liquor quite well.“ Daehyun teased but a concerned expression washed over his face as soon as Youngjae started to cough and he didn't know what to do but quickly grabbed a glass and poured water into it, guiding it to the younger ones lips. The boy drank greedily and the bartender seemed to calm down when Youngjae placed his slightly smaller hands over Daehyuns to gently push them away whilst his breathing went even again.

God, what the hell was that? As soon as I tell you my name you're trying to kill me, what are you, some serial killer who was waiting for me to confirm my name so that you wouldn't be murdering the wrong person?“ Youngjae blurted out, hands gesturing wildly when he calmed down completely.

What? No, you just drank way too fast. This isn't orange juice or something, you know.“ Daehyun stated, confused by the little outburst the other boy had.

So you're not denying that you wanted to kill me. You are a serial killer.“ Youngjae alleged, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

I'm not.“ Daehyun laughed amused, „Actually I'm a college student but nice scenario you made up there.“

You swear?“ Youngjae questioned, leaning closer.

I swear.“ The bartender hold up his pinky finger and the other was quick to grab it with his own, linking them for a second.

I can believe you I guess.“ The younger said, leaning back in the barstool but still giving Daehyun suspicious glances as the young man straightened his posture.

Himchan was right. But honestly you shouldn't have drunken so fast, it's dangerous.“ Daehyun urged, smiling slightly at the confused look on the boys face and his drunken state.

You know, you sound like my ex girlfriend right now, stop it.“ Youngjae groaned, not wanting to be reminded of why he was sitting there in the first place. Just annoyed at the thought of being left alone on Christmas Eve.

Oh. Sorry.“ The bartender returned awkwardly, not sure if he should feel ashamed or not. „But I don't know how she was like so it's not like I could control it, you know.“ It wasn't much of a question but more a statement to pull something out of Youngjae. And a quick glance told him that Jongup was capable of serving their customers well, even when he was met with a death glare from the younger bartender.

Like, she was so controlling all the time but I probably just pushed it to the back of my mind because I didn't want to offend her. There were so many things that were so annoying, can you believe?“

A small smile appeared on Daehyuns face and he listened to the babbling Youngjae, looking a the soft features more than hearing him out but he made sure to pay attention to what the boy was saying.


 


 

"I don't know what to say to be honest." The older said and handed Youngjae his drink.

"What do you mean you don't know what to say? I thought bartenders were supposed to be like... like personal therapists." The boy accepted the colored liquor and his lips met the cold glass after a frustrated moan escaped them.

"I don't know how it feels to get my heart broken by a girl." Daehyun said, and Youngjae didn't catch up to the amusement in his tone.

"I told 'ya, I'm totally not heartbroken." The latter gulped down his drink in a fast manner, suspiciously eyeing the bartender in front of him. "Also," he lifted is index finger, "you can't tell me you've never been in a relationship, that's ridiculous."

A low chuckle came from the man on the other side of the counter, who was getting busier due an arguing Jongup and the people that entered the bar more frequently now, the ever opening door made everything a lot colder. Of course it wasn't the closeness to the other man Youngjae was missing, that was too absurd he told himself but his eyes didn't want to leave the others form. A black polo shirt with the bars logo on his left chest - a beautiful bird sitting on the edge of a Margarita glass - was hugging his upper body quite perfectly, black trousers that were rolled up by his ankles and dark patent leather shoes were finishing his work attire gracefully. And adding his pitch black hair to his all black work clothes, Youngjae still found himself a little bit lost in the dark brown orbs that were ever so sparkling when he was mixing different kinds of alcohol and syrups together. Youngjae shook his head, he was inebriated and not in a right state of mind, clearly acting weird right now.


 

"I didn't say I never was in a relationship." The sudden voice surprised Youngjae and he had to gulp, not for the first time this evening.

"Oh yea, I forgot. You can't get your heart broken because you don't have one, mister oh so ing cool." He said coldly, his blood freezing from the look he got from the other man.

"Youngjae, please shut up if you don't know what you're talking about. You're tipsy, I get it. You also can't hold your liquor. But please don't go on about deciding someone elses heart."

"I'm- I'm sorry I didn't kno-" Youngjae tried but got cut off by the others voice.

"You can't just assume I'm a cold hearted person, all I said was that I never got my heart broken by a girl which doesn't mean I never got my heart broken."

Youngjae slumped a little in his seat, eyes just a tad bit bigger than they were usually and he felt bad for making such assumptions, but his slow brain (the alcohols fault) didn't catch up yet and he looked at Daehyun in confusion, wrinkling his small nose.

"I'm sorry." He said, his voice tiny as he never wanted to insult the bartender. "But I don't really understand."

"Of course you don't, you drank way too much for your own good." Daehyun laughed a little and suddenly smiled at Youngjae, knocking the other completely over because damn, a man shouldn't be allowed to have such a nice smile.

"Could you explain." Youngjae was, and has been, fiddling with the hem of his shirt, trying to avoid eye contact because he somehow felt uncomfortable.

"I would never, because this is basically invading my privacy but I have a feeling you'll forget this as soon as you step out of that door." Daehyun said, looking back if any other customer would need him but right now Jongup seemed to put up with most of them, considering that it was nearly past midnight. "I don't like girls." He whispered, arms supporting his upper body on the counter as he was leaning over, being closer to Youngjae than ever.

"Oh-" The younger ones eyes widened a the sudden realization and it left him feeling dumb after Daehyuns body was on the other side of the counter once again.

You just forget about it now, and drink this.“ Daehyun demanded, handing him something orange in a Champagne Flute making the younger one cringe.

I don't wanna.“ He whined, eyeing the glass in a disgusted manner.

Shut up, it's only orange juice. You won't die on it.“ The bartender laughed and watched Youngjae carefully taking small sips from the fruity juice.

You're so funny.“ Sarcasm flooded through the younger ones voice and Daehyun only found himself smiling brighter.

 

 

"Daehyun ya!"

The young bartender turned around, looking into a familiar face, smiling widely when he recognized one of his hyungs. Donghae being one of the more experienced bartenders here and quite nice to look at too. But he had a girlfriend so Daehyun didn't even bother with that.

"Oh, is it already two? Time flows like star, it surely does, right?" He babbled happily, wanting to leave the bar to grab his belongings but something held him back. Or someone.

"Uhm, Donghae hyung? Could you please have an eye on the boy at the counter? I'll be back in a minute."

"There are a lot of boys at the counter Daehyun, you have to be more specific." Donghae remarked, taking a glance at the many customers spread in the room in general.

"Dark hair, big eyes, dark blue shirt and really nice lips, just look for that." And in a split second the young man had disappeared to the back room, leaving a confused Donghae standing alone in the middle of the side behind the counter, searching for a boy who matched with Daehyuns description. When he lied eyes on a small figure on the left he immediately walked towards the boy, placing a soft hand on the others shoulder.

"Are you okay?" He directed at the boy whose head shot up and he was met with doe like eyes and white skin.

"I'm fine." The boy mumbled and Donghae was sure that there had been too much alcohol for him this night.

"Thank you, hyung." Daehyun said and gave a slight bow when he appeared from the back room an stood next to the boy on the bar stool.

"No problem, take care." Donghae responded with a smile and got to work.

 

 

 

"God, it's cold outside." Daehyun cursed, Youngjaes arm slung over his shoulder and his own supporting the youth by his waist, holding tightly onto it when he closed the entrance door behind him.  

"You're warm."

"Huh?" Daehyun looked at Youngjae, his face closer than ever, so close that his scent was the air he breathed and it smelled like vanilla and cinnamon.

"You're so, so warm." Youngjae breathed out, facing Daehyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

This is my first Daejae fic and ah~ I hope you enjoyed it. Although English isn't my first language /bear with me/


Question:

Should this be chaptered, because I kind of don't want to end it already. There was hardly any Daejae in it too so, yea, I think I want to chapter it. (it would be m-rated with more chapters too)

~~

Chaptered or Nah?

~~

Thank you sooo much for reading, please leave comments, subscribe and upvote (if you want) it would mean a lot ^^ thank you <3