What if?

In the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

What if?

 

It was pointless. Even if she ransacked his entire house, there was no way of finding out what had happened inside the lab. By now she had almost turned all of his drawers inside out and he was getting more and more worried she was going to go for the boxes next. They had talked with Donghae and Hyukjae and the two had promised to search through the libraryto see if they can find anything that could medically explain the situation.  Kyuhyun was sure they were more likely to try to secretly make out inside the library instead of reading since reading wasn’t their forte.

“Hey, hey!” he hopped towards her right before she could open the doors of his closet and check inside. “What are you doing?” he asked as he leaned against it, blocking her path.

“You always go to the lab when you are planning to experiment. That means you have something in mind and you just need to test it to make sure. Which means you had plans of it.” She spoke as she tried to move him to the side so she could search.

From the moment they had returned to the apartments, she had entered his and began looking for anything written down or that could remotely be connected to an experiment. She had went straight to his room and then started from his desk moving around it clockwise.

“I told you.... there is nothing here. I already searched.” He defended the closet as he raised his head and gave her a glare, spreading his arms to the side to cover the entire door from one side to the other.

“Are you boasting about having long arms?” she scoffed and then tried to remove one of his hands that were holding onto the edge of the closet, even bending her body and leaning her face closer to try and bite his hand.

“There’s nothing inside the closet.” He pursed his lips together and used his left hand to pull her away from biting his right one.

“Come on, Kyu. I promise not to laugh at your collection.” She laughed a little and then tried to pull him away from the closet by wrapping her arms around his waist and trying to drag him.

“I don’t have a collection...” he clenched his teeth and hissed but eventually got dragged since he could stand yet comfortably on his two legs to guard the door. “Damn it.” He cursed a little as he faltered to the side and bumped into the wall before falling on his own bed.

Jihye ignored him completely. Clenching his fist together and threatening to hit her since his ankle hurt from the fall, he could only watch as she opened his closet and aimed straight for the box that was on the lower shelf. It was almost as if she had known there was a box there and didn’t even bother with searching for anything else.

Taking out the box, she sat down on the floor and opened the lid of the box, glancing towards Kyuhyun to check his reaction. She had expected some y magazines from the moment she opened the box but there were only a few notebooks inside and even something that looked like a diary.

“You have a diary?”  She asked as she laughed, taking out the notebook that actually had ‘diary’ written in English on the cover. “Didn’t the stereotype say this was a girl’s thing?” she chuckled and then turned the notebook around to check its outside.

“Give that back!” he suddenly raised his voice and then leaped out of the bed, snatching the diary as he rolled down on the floor like those secret agents did in movies when they had to catch a jewel before it could break against the ground.

“Chill... I am not interested in your dirty secrets...” Jihye rolled her eyes and decided to just ignore his antics since they were really childish. “Check the diary. Maybe you wrote something in it and you don’t remember.” She suggested as she took one of the normal notebooks and began flipping through the pages.

“How couldn’t I remember something I wrote?” he let out a sigh, getting a bit annoyed by her insistence.

“You don’t remember why you went to the lab nor what you did there.” She snapped her head in his direction and gave him a glare. “Check it.” She muttered and then rolled her eyes again, turning her back on him completely so she could focus on the notebooks she had.

She had a point with that. There were some things he didn’t remember and it was weird. He remembered waking up, eating and what he ate, even going to the college and attending a few lectures. The only thing he couldn’t remember was why he went to the lab and what did he did there. That was it. Those were the only two things that he couldn’t remember and both could be linked to whatever happened to them.

By the time Jihye had reached the conclusion that she had seen anything that could be seen and there was no hint to what he had done, his apartment looked as if a thief had broken inside and tried to search for any valuable there was.

He watched her sigh and let out her anger by messing with her hair. She seemed even more bothered that he was to find an answer to what was happening. He was happy she cared that much. With them being friends since almost forever, he would have actually been upset if she had taken the situation lightly.

“Don’t worry...” he spoke softly as he put his hands on her shoulders and began rubbing them, trying to ease the stress that she had built by then.

“How can I not worry, Kyuhyun-ah?” she spoke with another sigh as she turned her body towards him and then relax under his touch as he began a proper massage. “If...” she wanted to talk but he put more pressure into his touch and had her whimper a bit in pain.

“Jihye.... you and I....” he spoke as he moved his fingers against her nape and began rubbing it.

“Kyuhyun...” she spoke in a small voice, something similar with a moan escaping her lips because of the pleasant feeling around her neck. “ Let’s say you’d see the future.” She purred a bit. “That itself is a problem. But it’s not just that... you are getting side effects from it.” She moved her hands above his and removed them so she could turn around and look at him.

“I’ll be fine...” he smiled and assured her.

“You went from a normal you to a you that shakes from all his bones after a ‘vision’.” She insisted as she took hold of his chin and forced him to look at her properly. “What if next time you get a nose bleed? A heart attack?” she asked with a worried look on his face.

“I was worried about you and freaked out of my life. I was shaking because of that not the vision.” Kyuhyun insisted as he smiled towards her and even cupped her face to show that he meant it.

“That’s what you say...” she hesitated and tried to get away from his touch.

“How long do we know each other for?” Kyuhyun asked as he patted her head a little.

“Since... forever...” she chuckled a bit and then took his hands in hers and looked towards him with a half expecting half worried expression.

“Exactly. Not to brag or anything but.... haven’t I always been right?” he chuckled a little and moved his body to the side when she pretended to want to hit him again. “I promise...” he looked at her now with serious eyes, making eye contact with her. “If anything happens wrong to my body when and if I have another ‘vision’, I will let you know.

Please log in to read the full chapter