A mischief

In the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

thank you for subscribing!! I will post the first chapter! I decided to update stories depending on the number of comments each gets. the more comments, it means the more people want the next chapter, right?

hope you enjoy this story! it will have some rated parts as well

 

 

 

 

A mischief

Kyuhyun was a sweet guy. In everything he did he was gentle, mannered and nice to the people around. Kyuhyun was a bully. In everything he did, he found a way to tease and make the other feel a bit embarrassed about themselves. Kyuhyun was a genius. He exceled in everything he did and that made him the best student at the university. Both of his universities. He had an interest in music so he enrolled into Kyunghee university to study Post Modern Music.  He had an interest in physics and, by nature, he loved messing around and experimenting, so he enrolled into KAIST as well.

Kyuhyun was a nerd. A really hot nerd for that matter, one that walked around while wearing a long lab coat and glasses, making sure his hair is still styled beautifully and his thighs would be exposed when he sits down.  He had several best friends and amongst them there was a girl. Kyuhyun believed guys and girls can be friends. If they didn’t fit together, didn’t like each other’s style and had never once imagined themselves dating, a guy and a girl could be best friends. He was 25. About to finish his masters at both universities and yet he still had time to spend with friends and enjoy life.

Among his friends, these girl that he believed he could be friends with, was a childhood friend. They had grown up together. He had seen her boyish behavior, her crushes and heartbreaks, her first hangover when they puked their stomach outs in the toilet of a club. They had lived in the same neighborhood as children and now they lived right next to each other in the dorms of KAIST campus. For her to be there, of course, it meant she was just as smart as he was. She had liked robots and had dreamed to create the most perfect replica of a human robot. He remembered how heartbroken she had been when the humanoid robot was created. Still, she insisted it was still left with flaws because it didn’t 100% mimic a human. She found 100 and more flaws even in the latest human robot. Jihye was one of a kind.

Among his friends, there were two who he had never imagined to even have an IQ higher than 100 when added together. One was an idiot who was taking the Business major at KAIST and the other in Liberal arts. Well, if you asked Kyuhyun, he’d say it probably rubbed off the smartest of the two, and they both ended up sharing their IQ, dorms and body fluids alike. It was even more surprising that his friends, by the name Lee Donghae, by nickaname fish, was capable of passing the Business major exam and get enrolled. His other friend, Lee Hyukjae, by the cool nickname Eunhyuk and real nicknames monkey or anchovy, had the talent in anything arts related except drawing so Kyuhyun had not been that surprised to hear him years before packing to leave for college.

They made a group that was often seen together at the canteen. When one of them did something wrong or needed to be called to the Teacher’s office, it was enough to find one of them and the others would appear. To be honest, it mostly happened when Kyuhyun did something and he was nowhere to be found. Like right now.

“You just give this to him, alright?” one of the teachers approached Jihye on the hallway, not even having to mention the name of the person.

“Of course, professor. Do you need it back by a certain time?” she asked back as she took the folder and placed it inside her bag.

“As fast as he can.” The professor answered back and then disappeared leaving her all one.

“One day I am going to start charging him for personal delivery services.” She muttered as she moved past the hall, happy that at least she had some free time between periods.

She was getting a bit annoyed with having to constantly be the middle person between the professors and Kyuhyun. Sometimes she couldn’t help but wonder if the professors thought of her lowly or as Kyuhyun’s slave or something. They could have given or told Donghae or Eunhyuk about things related to Kyuhyun but they always looked for her. They probably all thought she has no personal life or his a personal servant for the arrogant mean mad scientist.

She had a perfectly valid reason to call him an arrogant mean mad scientist. He was arrogant because he knew things others did and didn’t miss not even one chance of bragging. Especially with her, he took great pleasure in going all “see, see! You didn’t know!”. He was mean because he sometimes enjoying testing his ideas on her or the EunHae couple –just in case no one knew they were a couple she had to mention it now-. He was a mad scientist because his ideas were sometimes off the chart and there were pretty big chances for others to get injured in the process.  To save time, she simply called him ‘mad scientist Kyu’ because that alone explained everything.

“Weirdo!” she spoke from the door, going straight to the chemistry lab where she knew he had spent his previous days in an attempt to do god knows what.

He was so focused on his work that he didn’t even notice her. He was making notes on the notebook he had next to him and then focusing back on the microscope, a weird smile appearing on his face. Whenever he did that, she just got the shivers. It meant trouble and she had previous experiences because of it. She still clearly remembered when her hair had turned completely blue because he was trying to find a new solution that could dye the hair in one go, without making mess or anything else. Whatever chemical mixture he made, the effect had lasted for about one week and then the hair turned red,bright red. It was only a month after the first hair color, when it turned green, that she decided it was enough and she should dye it herself. Apparently it was going to turn into all colors of the rainbow until finally stopping.

“Yah!” she raised her voice a bit more, approaching him to see just what in the name of God was he brewing this time.

She wasn’t going to risk suddenly appearing next to him because the first and last time she did that she ended up with some substance on her that simply glued that part of the blouse to her skin and they had to search for all sorts of ways of undoing the damage before her skin could get torn apart. Kyuhyun said his apologies so many times but the way he was laughing every time was a clear sign that he didn’t feel exactly all that bad.

“What do you want, dummy?” he asked as he continued to taking the mixture of chemicals on a separate container, looking around for something.

“From the professor.” She responded and simply hit him with the folder in the head, nothing to strong, but enough to have him finally stand up and pay attention. “He wants it ASAP.” She lied, knowing that was probably the only way he could show interest in the files and have them returned within the year.

“Ah, this is simple. I’ll do it tonight.” He spoke and then threw the papers on the edge of the table.

“What ..?” she wanted to ask how he could say something like this but changed her mind. She just couldn’t win with his brains. “What are you doing?” she asked instead, feeling very suspicious at the small smoke that was rising from within the container.

“Have you seen Inception?” he suddenly turned very excited and even grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her a few times in the process.

“Ye..s.” she hesitated, unsure as to what did the movie have to do with what he was doing. It was true he often got weird ideas from the movies he watched but he had no such class in his curricula. If anything, Nanoscience was the closest to it but she doubted he was brewing nano’s to control dreams or something.

“There are people who claim they can control their dreams. People who experience sleep paralysis and inception. There are people who experience deja-vu’s.  What if all of this is triggered because of chemical reaction?” he asked as he turned around and got his notebook, showing some weird notes she was probably never going to understand.

“So you’re mixing something that would trigger those things?” she asked a bit concerned, wanting to take a step behind fearing he might deem her as the ert subject to experiment.

“The biggest things that humanity has desired in terms of advanced technology: human robots, which already happened.” He spoke as he stuck out his tongue at her.” The ability to teleport, to travel through time and see the future.” He spoke with a great grin on his face.

She found herself nodding though she wasn’t all that sure of that. She doubted teleporting could be achieved through chemical influence, time travel was not plausible either so that left seeing the future.  Then again, she doubted that could be triggered through chemicals as well because it just couldn’t be that simple. Humans used between 5 and 8% of their brains and even those who had been so genius that used 11% still didn’t do this. Kyuhyun was bright but not that bright.

“Don’t look at me so weirdly. Hypnosis works because it connects to what we hide inside our brains. Surely there is a way of opening the door to the future. And that door is in our brains.” He proclaimed as if he was in front of thousands of people, making a life changing statement and he was about to rece

Please log in to read the full chapter