The real deal

In the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

it seems like things are getting serious with Kyuhyun. i am not much of a fun person but I am trying to add here and there comic relief moments. i wish i could write comedy the proper way TT still, I assure you this story will have an awesome plot twist at some point [well, it feels awesome to me anyway. kkkk] hope you enjoy this chapter

 

 

The real deal

 

His back hurt. In moments like this, he missed his bed and the comforted of the mattress. The fluffy pillow that he could use as he wished. He often used to snore even worse when he wasn’t feeling comfortable while sleeping but he was supposed he didn’t snore this time around because Jihye was still asleep, in his arms. It wasn’t his idea. The two of them had cuddled into each other while inside the elevator, her feet above his only slightly bent so she wouldn’t have to put pressure on her ankle. When he woke up, in daze, she was cuddled against him, her head against his chest and her arms on his waist, to the side.

It made him blush like mad. They were friends but as they grew older, the skinship between them decreased. Sometime in high school they stopped hugging since it was weird to them and to their classmates as well. To sleep like that next to each other and even hug each other, it was something they had not done since secondary. She took a deep breath and placed his hand above his chest as he inhaled and exhaled, wondering just how long had they been inside the elevator.

Since none of them had a phone or a watch, he had no idea how much time had passed since they got trapped in the elevator. It could have been only a few minutes or a few hours or the entire night but he couldn’t tell. He was feeling rested so perhaps it had taken much longer than he initially thought. He turned his head to look towards Jihye, moving his free hand to brush a few hair locks away from her face. One thing he had always found interesting was how they both had a small mole on their nose, in the same place and same side of the nose.

He poked her cheek, wondering if that was going to wake her up but she only stirred a little in her sleep and then nuzzled even closer to him. He panicked a little, his body tensing and took a few quick breaths to relax. She was really pretty in his eyes.  He poked her again, tilting his head to the side to see how she frowns, her nose wrinkling as she brushed her head back and forth his shoulder to remove the tickling sensation from her face.

“Yah...” she mumbled into his arm as she was getting more and more conscious about her surroundings.

“Wake up.” He urged her as he pinched her side, making her flinch in his arms.

“How long as he been?” she asked as he brushed her eyes and stood a bit straight, leaning against the elevator wall once again.

“I am not sure.” He admitted.

Carefully moving away from her while making sure she doesn’t hit herself against the elevator, he stretched his body. Maybe it was because his legs were long but he felt kind of sore and he had to wiggle them around a little. He gave her the jacket once again and smiled a little when she shook a bit because of the cold. He moved towards the button, his head hurting all of a sudden.

He leaned against the elevator wall, closing his eyes, feeling the static once again. It was going to turn him crazy. At least this time he was seeing the elevator doors opening and both his friends with the security guard in front of them. And then the security guard moved backwards but because of the senseless Donghae who wasn’t sitting properly, the old man fell down on his bottom.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and then turned to look towards Jihye. This was the most explicit and lengthy flash he had so far and if he had indeed any ability to see into the future, it meant the doors of the elevator were going to be opened sometime soon. He pressed onto the emergency button, mumbling a “2nd floor please” and then turned  and laid against the wall.

“Wanna make a bet?” he asked, brushing his forehead because of a few drops of sweet gathering under his hair.

“What bet?” Jihye asked and finally looked properly towards him, gulping nervously upon seeing him looking tired.

“The doors are going to open. Donghae and Hyuk will be there. The security guard too. And he is going to trip on Donghae’s foot and fall flat on his .” He spoke and opened his eyes to look at her, a hint of excitement showing inside of it.

“Is this about you seeing the future again?” she asked as she held onto the wall and stood up, making sure to catch the jacket before it could fall down on the ground.

“I mean it. If it happens, you’ll take care of me for a day.” He grinned.

“And if it doesn’t?” she asked as she hopped towards him and bumped into his body with the jacket between them. “Can I ask for whatever I want?” she grinned back.

He was confident. Whatever was happening, it was giving him a peek into the future. The guy had fallen inside the hospital, the elevator did stop. It wasn’t going to take long for the ‘prophecy’ to happen. The guy falling was almost instant, the elevator stopping took about a minute. If there was any time progression as well, it was going to take a bit longer but not that much.

He wondered if his body feeling exhausted had something to do with the time distance as well. He didn’t feel one bit drenched when the guy fell down, but a bit tired when the elevator stopped. Now he felt as if he had exercised for about half an hour. Maybe it had something to do with it and it also meant it was going to take a bit of time for it to happen. Still, he was confident.  If it wasn’t going to go his way, then he could relax back and search for a rational medical explanation.

“Sure thing.” He agreed and wrapped his arm around her waist, surprising himself at the easiness with which he hugged her.

“I’ll think about it. So ... when will that happen?” she asked as she made him hold her hand while she arranged her shirt and short pants.

“Soon.” He smiled.

He didn’t know for sure when it was going to happen but he might as play it off as he did but wasn’t going to tell. She was shaking her head in disbelief, probably wondering why in the world was she even playing around with him and agreeing to such an unbelievable bet.  Very soon, they could hear noises from the other side, and both focused really hard to hear the ones on the other side.

It looked like the door was being forced. It made only sense since they were partially stuck between floors and unless they made the elevator go down, they would have to open the door with force. Kyuhyun grinned and waited. The door was soon to be open.

Jihye’s eyes turned wide open when the door opened halfway. Just like Kyuhyun had predicted, there was Donghae and the security guard. It only needed for Hyukjae to be there and she figured he wasn’t but then the door opened completely and Hyukjae could be seen as well. The elevator was trapped only a bit below second floor so they didn’t have to crawl out of the elevator or something. They could simply take it as a bigger step and get out. So she could see the moment when the security guard moved back and then he falled right down on his bottom.

Donghae laughed a little while Hyukjae punched Donghae in the arm and then helped the security guard up on his feet. Kyuhyun was chuckling as well with a very happy look on his face. The only one turning almost as pale as white dye was Jihye. There was no way for Kyuhyun to know that.  She looked at him but he was smiling, all amused as if nothing had happened and then moved out of the elevator. Once out, he stretched his hands towards her to help her up and it was obvious in his eyes that he was proud of himself.

She wasn’t. She was worried.  Even with this new ability, should she admit he really had it, it couldn’t be right. People weren’t supposed to see into the future because that was surely going to make them want to change it. People weren’t supposed to have certain abilities because they could have acted upon it and change things that were supposed to happen.

 What if he one day saw something good happen but didn’t agree with it so he moved to change it? Or what if something bad was supposed to happen and he prevented it? It could have given someone Godly skills and in all the history she had learned, of her country and others, a man with power often brought destruction to others and himself.

“What are you thinking about?” Kyuhyun asked much later when they were back in the car.

“When did you see that

Please log in to read the full chapter