Restart

In the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

Return

His head hurt.  Really bad. His forehead hurt like mad and the back of his head as well. He couldn’t feel pain in the rest of his body so he couldn’t help but wonder if it was either numb from all the medicine or paralyzed. It made more sense for him to be paralyzed because he could properly remember the steering wheel bumping against his knees upon contact, cutting through his legs. There were lights around him and since he could open his eyes, causing him a headache, it was either Heaven with too much light in the realm or a hospital.

He could hear a faint beep sound and it became more obvious he was in the hospital. There were voices around him, probably nurses and doctors that had been worried about him and once that he woke up, they had to make sure he was alright. He opened his eyes and looked to the side, noticing someone in a white lab coat and then someone in casual clothes.

“Are you up?” the voice asked him and he recognized it as Donghae’s.

He was regaining more and more his senses and that only made him remember the accident more and more. The car losing control and then bumping into the truck with pipes, the screech of the wheels against the ground and the look she gave him. Jihye.

His heart started beating really fast, his head hurting like mad once again. Jihye. She had bumped her head against the window, the pipe had gone through the windshield. He couldn’t breathe anymore as he remembered the accident, as if it was happening once again in front of his eyes.  Seeing him getting worried and starting to move around in confusion, Donghae got surprised. This wasn’t supposed to happen. Why was Kyuhyun getting a panic attack? He tried to calm his friend down and called over a doctor to see what was wrong.

“Hey hey....”he spoke towards Kyuhyun. “Calm down...” Donghae tried.

“Jihye.... how is she?” Kyuhyun asked as he tried to stand up, panic written all over his face as he looked confused around him.

“She is fine....” Donghae tried. “Kyuhyun-ah....” he spoke a bit more afraid.

“I have to see her.” Kyuhyun spoke as he tried to get up, surprising himself with being able to move towards the edge of the bed.

“She is fine, Kyuhyun. Just a sprained ankle.” Donghae spoke fast, trying to hold Kyuhyun back.

He stopped moving, but not because Donghae had held him. A sprained ankle? After such an accident, how in the world could their friend just casually talk about a sprained ankle? If anything, that had to be the least of their concerns because surely her head injury and broken ribs and.... just thinking about it made him panic once again.

“What’s wrong with you?” Donghae asked confused. “I know you hit your head in the lab explosion but...” he continued with a confused stare. “Did you hurt your head too much?” he asked as he looked around him, wondering when would the doctor arrive.

“Lab? How long ago was that?” Kyuhyun muttered, upset at his friend’s reaction, wanting to get out of bed.

“A few hours ago. What the hell is off with you? I should call a doctor.” Donghae spoke, now even more concerned.

It was only then that Kyuhyun stopped trying to move and looked at his friend. He took the time to look at himself and saw that he was not wearing the same clothes from the accident. He snapped his head back at Donghae and then around the hospital bed. He wasn’t in the ICU but just a normal hospital bed. He looked further on his body and saw that he didn’t have any scratch, cut, injury, no broken legs or cuts. Checking his head next, he didn’t find any cut or bandage around his head.

“Wait... a few hours ago?” he asked Donghae again.

“Yeah. I called Hyukjae and he will be back from his MT. Whatever you did, you blew up the lab but thankfully there were some people around so it was easily for them to  help you out.” Donghae spoke a bit more relaxed, thankful that Kyuhyun had calmed down and was now looking at him with a calm expression.

Was he dreaming? He had been in car accident while being in a car with Jihye, heading towards the camp site she had prepared for their graduation. That was almost four months after the lab incident so how could it have been only a few houra ago? It didn’t’ make sense.

“Where is Jihye?”

He had to think that Donghae was playing around with him. Even if he didn’t have any injury, he had properly seen her getting injured and bleeding. Donghae seemed to be a bit annoyed but he had helped Kyuhyun up and then all the way towards another bed.

Kyuhyun looked dumbstruck towards the hospital bed where Jihye was sleeping. She didn’t have any injury either but he could see her leg, her ankle wrapped in plaster. Looking around, he even noticed a doctor coming towards him. The same words, the same hospital. It was like the day of the lab incident repeated itself and he had no idea what was happening. He got so lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t even notice the doctor talking to him nor Jihye waking up.

“What in the world did you do?” Jihye turned to look at Kyuhyun, stretching her hand towards him so she could stand up.

She had asked this before. Was he crazy? Had he died or was he in a state of coma where he replayed the incidents that had led to them being in a car accident. But the strangest thing was that he could remember this time. Why he had been in the lab, this time he could remember. After watching Inception, he had wondered if there was a way of triggering certain emotions and create a door towards glancing in the future. He had wondered if pheromones could be the solution. Pheromones were the ones that made people attracted to each other, what caused ual attraction to happen. They were the ones that connected people so maybe he could use them as a path to the future.

 Deja-vu’s relied on the concept that something similar had happened before or it had been dreamed before but they could have also been a hint from the future so he had tried to figure out if it could stir any sort of reaction.

“It’s a bit too complicated.” He responded with honesty and then stretched his own hand to her, even his second hand, to help her get stable on her feet.  He only glanced towards the doctor a little and quickly had his IV drop removed so he could move more freely.

“I remember going to bring you a folder and you mixing some things together” she tilted her head to the side trying to remember what had happened that.

“Yeah... it doesn’t matter. Are you okay?” it was really weird. Whatever was happening was incredible and he had to figure out if this was a dream or something of a sort.

“Yeah... are you okay?” She looked into his eyes and got surprised for a second at how close the two of them were because he had to help her around since she could use only one leg.

“Yeah.” He spoke back, moving one of her arms across his neck so he could place his hand on her waist and help her out.

They could have easily asked Donghae for help but someone he always ended up excluded when he was with Jihye and Kyuhyun. Maybe that was why he ended up spending so much time with Eunhyuk ever since they were younger. He could have asked Donghae but he was too confused as to what was happening.

Had he gotten himself into a dream? He had tried to trigger a door into the future but had he had done something else? A dream? Could it have all been nothing but a dream? If so, it meant all the visions were just elements inside a dream that made the story believable. He could remember static appearing before his eyes when he lost consciousness.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” she looked at him and then brushed a few hair locks from his forehead.

Was it a dream? If it was a dream, it meant nothing had happened. No guy had fallen on the hospital wet floor, they didn’t get stuck in the elevator...they didn’t confess... it meant they weren’t together. As the realization fell upon him, he looked towards her with side eyes.

He could remember what had happened inside the lab. He also had memories of about four months that turned into nothing but elements of his dream? Had the pheromones triggered a dream inside of him? Had it made him dream of something he wanted to happen? It was possible. Pheromones could have made him more bold, daring to put into actions his hopes. It could have been nothing but his desire wrapped inside a dream instead of a door to the future.

Something he had wanted to happen... but it didn’t actually happen. Did it mean he was back to square one? But the dream had been real. Too real to be a dream. He could swear he had actually felt her lips over his, her body against his and them making love again and again. And it had been way too detailed to just be a dream. Regardless of what he had achieved or not, the truth was he w

Please log in to read the full chapter