Am I going crazy?

In the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

hope you enjoy. do comment and subscribe and see you soon.

 

Am I turning crazy?

He searched through the notebooks he had at home, all the laptops he had used since he begin his years and yet he couldn’t find one thing. There was something he had done in the lab and that would tell him just what in the world did he mix in that lab and for what purpose and yet he couldn’t find the answer. After taking Jihye home and going back to his room, he had to talk with his parents and apologize to them for worrying them. Then he had to hear Hyukjae complaining he had to return from his MT because of him though Kyuhyun was absolutely sure that was simply a side excuse he had used when the main reason was because he missed Donghae. Then he had to take a call from his professors, three of them calling one after another. They had probably gathered in the Teacher’s lounge and then decided to call; knowing that if he answers to one he will answer to all of them.

He was supposed to go the next day at the lab and see if he can recognize anything that wasn’t supposed to be inside the lab and could be the cause of the fire, better said explosion. He couldn’t remember not even for the life of him what in the world he had done in the lab.  He was supposed to bring Jihye with him since she had also been there and just barely, barely made it for the afternoon so she could catch some more sleep.

It was his first time preparing the bed for her and he willingly admitted to feeling like a ert when doing so. She had set down on a chair and kept instructing him to do this and that and while he was partially annoyed, he knew he owed her. She wasn’t smart enough to play with those chemicals and he wasn’t dumb enough to let her play with them if she didn’t know what she was doing. By the time she had asked him to hand wash a shirt he finally realized she was pulling his leg in revenge.

Back to what was important; he just couldn’t find any hint as to why he was inside the lab.  He had no reason to be there. There was nothing he had to do for none of his classes and that only meant he had gone there on his own accord. Since it had happened during break time, it meant he had even used his free time to do whatever he did. The worse part yet was that he had no idea of what was initially in the lab and if he had brought anything from outside.

He finally took a shower and then flopped on the bed, brushing his hair to dry it. He was prone to making weird experiments but they all happened after thorough research and he had none this time. He laid down and then looked towards the ceiling. He still had one more chance. He often got ideas from things he watched so he just had to open his TV and check the history. The computer as well.  He first switched on the computer, checking its history.

The thing was he could remember properly what he had searched the previous night for. Everything was there including the search he had done while faking his IP since he didn’t want to download into his computer. And no one should roll their eyes at him because all the people he knew of his age were searching and watching from time to time. He could almost bet Jihye also had searched for some though the thought alone made him blush like mad.

There was nothing. He let out a deep sigh and then returned to his bed. He was going to turn crazy with curiosity.  He slept well though. It didn’t take long for him to fall asleep.  Before he knew it, he was even snoring and he was sure he was going to find out in the morning just how loud did he snore because Jihye was a light sleeper. He often used this against her when he wanted to annoy her. He woke up in the morning because of a phone call. He was a heavy sleeper, a serious case of snoring habit and often couldn’t wake up early in the morning. He just wasn’t a morning person. That day he felt especially tired and it was perhaps because of his mischief and trip to the hospital and back. He wasn’t all that fond of exercising and he hated most physical work because he was smart enough to use his brain instead, so maybe the things he had to do for Jihye helped out tire him as well.

He woke up with his body feeling numb. He was final feeling the tiredness he was supposed to feel back at the hospital. Before going to the university, he had to go to the store first. Her leg wasn’t completely wrapped up but the amount was enough to make it uncomfortable for her to wear her shoes. It wasn’t like he could allow her to go outside wearing the slippers she used inside the dorm apartment so he figured he should go and get her a proper pair of slippers that she could use.

“They are so ugly.” She spoke the moment she saw them, feeling the need to close the door in his face.

“You’re not going to a fashion parade. It will work for a few hours. We need to go at the lab.” He ignored her dis and then pondered on what he should do next.

It was obvious she had not done much except getting out of bed because her head was a mess and her clothes were all wrinkled as well. He had about two options: he either helped her with the arm around his neck or he carried her up. In the end, he simple took her up in his arms, what they called princess style, and moved towards the bathroom. It made him feel weird to do something like this because he had never behaved like this towards her before. It was making his heart race a little and it wasn’t helping at all to have her move one hand around his nape so she wouldn’t fall down.

“You’re not planning to dump me in the tube or something, right?” she asked as she tried to cling to his body so he wouldn’t just open his arms and have her landing on the floor.

“I’ll leave that for a day when you’re leg is not hurting. Make yourself look presentable.” He hissed through his teeth a little as he had her sit down on the covered toiled seat.

“I have hands ...” she complained when he went straight for her brush and had it running through her hair, making her whimper in pain when it began pulling on it.

“Oh... right. Use them.” He blushed a little and then abruptly past her the brush and left the bathroom before she could say anything else.

He actually fanned himself the moment he got out of the bathroom. He didn’t have a secret romance about helping her out as if she was a little baby. He might have thought it was quite romantic to help a girl brush her hair and all but that was probably because of the romantic old movies he had seen when he was younger. He might have gotten a bit too caught up in his role of helping her out. She opened the door to the bathroom by herself, now her face and hair looking just like it had always been shown at school. He did know her no make-up face, especially because they had grown up together, and it wasn’t all that different from her make-up face, but it did make her radiate a bit more. Now only her clothes had to be changed and she would be completely ready to leave the house.

“Are you going to guard my back while I change clothes or something? Wait outside if you really must.” She chuckled and then moved by herself towards the closet to pick out some clothes.

He leaned against the wall next to her door while being outside of the apartment, finding it extremely awkward to just be there.  He felt like he was waiting for the girl, to go out on a date, and the only time he had felt like this with her had been on thei

Please log in to read the full chapter