long brown hair

단풍 나무 The maple tree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Light flooded his eyesight as the 21-year-old woke up from his 3-day coma at the shared ward. The aroma of disinfectant quickly invaded his nose. He slowly brought his hands to his eyes to shield the light and at the same time rubbed the eyelids that haven’t been opened for more than 70 hours. As he opened his eyes, he realized that there were tubes connected to the back of his hand.

Ah, right. That accident.

He sat up and removed the oxygen mask that he had been wearing and took a look around him. His bones made some cracking noise as he had not move for quite a while. Checking that he didn’t break his neck, he turned his head around to relieve the ‘stress’ and again it made the cracking sound. He saw that there were white curtains beside him. The boy was about to stand up when he realized that his right leg was casted and in addition, his left leg, right elbow was bandaged. He proceeded to touch his cheek and as he thought, there was a plaster too.

“Oh, you’re awake!” The nurse called as she passed by his bed and realized he’d sat up. She immediately walked to his bed and checked on his I.V drip and pressed something like a button above the bed.

“Tell me, sir, what’s your full name?” The nursed asked.

“Jung Hoseok,” the boy instantly said, with a slightly croaked voice. Hoseok cleared his throat, “Why would you ask? It’s written there,” he said as he pointed at the name board above his bed.

The nurse chuckled, “Just checking if you can still remember who you are, Mr. Jung.” Hoseok noticed that the nurse was quite young, maybe slightly older by 2 or 3 years than him. He saw her ID tag and it read Park Jihyo.

Suddenly, a doctor came with a stethoscope hung around his neck and greeted Hoseok with a warm smile, “Glad you’re awake.” The doctor had some grey hair growing on his head. Must be pretty old, he thought, 40, 50? The doctor nodded to Park Jihyo the nurse and she went off.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Choi Jinhyuk,” The doctor sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter