Some Truth

PRINCESS OF DARKNESS

“Jiyong…”

 

He heard someone calling his name.

 

“Jiyong, I’m sorry”

 

He opened his eyes and looked at Dara who is sitting in the bed facing him. Her eyes are closed.

 

“What did you say?” He asked. He is still sleepy, but he tried to sit and bent to get closer to her face, but then she cried.

 

“Hey, what’s happening?” Still weary from his sleep, he was about to wipe her tears when she said “Don’t touch me” from her.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” He is totally clueless on what the hell is happening with this girl. “Tell me what is wrong with you. Should I call Mr. Yoo?” He asked again as her sobs gets louder, her hands covered her face.

 

She shook her head that is still covered with her hands.

 

“Please don’t” a deeper voice came from her. He froze as he heard her, or is it really her who just spoke?

 

“Jiyong…” She said and then her gaze is now with him. She looked different, especially with her deep voice.

 

“Jiyong, it’s me. Hyun Seung.” She said. “I need to tell you something. I borrowed her body to tell you—“

 

She stopped talking as Jiyong held on her shoulder and her body instantly fell on Jiyong’s arms. He shook Dara to wake up. “Hey, what were you saying?!”

 

Dara opened her eyes and seeing Jiyong’s worried face, she asked “What happen?”

 

“You said you were Hyun Seung and that you need to tell me something. Are you okay?!” He said.

 

She looked at Jiyong questioningly then formed an O shape. “You shouldn’t have touched me then!” She said accusingly.

 

“What?” He asked, he can’t understand what she is saying as he is still can’t move on that Hyun Seung was trying to talk to him. Is that really possible?

 

“Hey! I told you last night right? When I am asleep or unconscious, spirits can possess my body. And when you touch me, they can’t. I can’t even see them.”

 

“What do you mean? Hyun Seung’s spirit is here?” She nodded to his shock. He looked around and felt a little chill that spirits are in this room.

 

He looked at her again, she is thinking something. She felt his gaze and said “Well, I think I need to be careful when we sleep together” She held on Jiyong’s hand that are still on her shoulder and moved it to the bed as she looked around.

 

“I didn’t do anything to you” He said defensively.

 

“Not that, you silly! What I mean is we need to make sure that we have a physical contact whenever we sleep, or this might happen again – me being possessed by a spirit while you are sleeping. That will be dangerous for you.”

 

“Bommie, where are you?!” She shouted.

 

“Who is, Bommie?” Jiyong asked, looking at her. Is she one of the maids?

 

Dara pick one of the framed photos on the side table and pointed a beautiful girl with red hair, who was with Dara on the picture, both were smiling. Dara looked different in the picture. She looked so young and healthy, unlike what she is right now. She is covering her face with her bangs but you can see that she look better in the picture as she is right now. If all she has said last night, aside from her lost parents, she was unable to sleep for months? Wow… He has some nights too that he can’t sleep but for months? That’s crazy. No wonder she looks so desperate to sleep with him.

 

Jiyong looked at the clock on the wall and he slept for 10 hours? Dara have slept almost 14 hours. She looks... kinda better that yesterday? But just a little. More sleep would make her better… so…. Yeah. He signed the contract anyway. He has nothing to lose with the contract.

 

“Bommie, can you talk to them and ask them for details. I need to speak with Jiyong here about his problems later.” She said while talking to someone on the side of the bed.

 

“Ahhmm… He said looking back and forth on her and on whom might she be speaking with “Please explain… You are freaking me out”.

 

Dara looked at him and laughed. “This” She pointed on something he obviously cannot see. “…is my bestfriend. Her name is Park Bom. Bommie is her nickname. She said ‘hi and that she is a VIP.” Dara then pointed at his side “She is kissing you right now”

 

He froze when she said she is kissing him. Dara laughed so hard. “You should have seen how scared you are Jiyong-ah!”

 

He stood up in an instant and hit Dara’s face with a pillow. “Stop teasing me!” She is still laughing when he went to the bathroom “Tell her not to follow me in the bathroom” He said when he is already holding the doorknob.

 

“She said she already did yesterday, so she said there’s no need” She said while trying hard not to laugh. She looked at her side and laughed at whatever she saw or heard. “Sorry Bommie, I know you are not a ert.” She then looked at him and said “Just kidding. My friend here said she is not a ert”

 

“Whatever!” Jiyong shouted, gaining another laugh from the crazy girl.

 

This is making him insane!

 

“Let’s eat after you are done, then we will talk. Okay?” Dara said while he was about to go inside the bathroom. He just nodded.

 

 

“Okay, let’s eat our breakfast first. “ Dara announced when he got out from the bathroom. Thankful that Mr. Yoo handed him clothes. He was Kingdom’s endorser for years so they have his sizes, even hi boxers. He smiled when he saw the boxers. They even know I like boxers more that briefs.

 

His gaze then went to Dara who is now eating deliciously. He noticed that she has a very good appetite for her size. She is so skinny and has a small frame but looking at the food on the table, with just the two of them, it seems too much at first but looking how well Dara eats. It might be just enough. He smiled. Looking at her eat makes him hungry. He then started digging in. He hasn’t been eating much since the issues and he wonders if it’s because of what Dara has said that she would help him and his company that his appetite seems to be back and he is eating with gusto as well.

 

The foods that were served were very delicious, and with just the two of them, the food that seems too much at first seems not enough now. They are now serving the desserts to his delight.

 

After their breakfast, they went to their living room. Dara already saw the signed papers and he already told her that they can just add some clauses once they started.  He can’t think of anything to add right now, and it seems that the things can be just discussed with them. She assured him that all she needs is sleep for 6-8 hours and that would be enough for her and it is fine with him too.

 

“Okay, let’s start.” She announced after sitting on the sofa. He also sat beside her. He is surprisingly comfortable with her, well after sleeping with her twice sitting beside her seems just natural?

 

She faces him and got a paper on her hands. Where did it come from?

 

“Since you already spoke with Hyung Seung awhile ago-“

 

“Wait” He butted in. “What do you mean I spoke with Hyun Seung, awhile ago?”

 

“Jiyong-ah… I can call you Jiyong right?” She asked. He just nodded, waiting for her explanation.

 

“I had been telling you since yesterday that spirits can posses my body right? So when we were sleeping, he had a chance when our bodies were not touching. He grabs that chance and he talked to you. But then, when you grabbed and held me, his spirit was pushed away.” She is looking at me, as if checking if I understood what she has said.

 

“Is it now sinking?” She asked teasingly.

 

“Wow. I don’t know” He sighed deeply. When she said it, it seems so real… but is it? If it would really help him then he should at least try to listen right?

 

“Well, If you have understood what I have said then I can continue with what these spirits are telling me and Bom” She continued.

 

“S..sspirits? You mean it is not only Hyun Seung?” Jiyong asked, hoping he just overheard what she has said.

 

“Yap. Spirits. More than one so it is plural.” Dara said smiling. “Yes, Just two. The other one is a girl.”

 

“A girl?” He just repeated what she said, confirming.

 

A girl? Who would it be?

 

“She doesn’t want to give her name to me. She said if you knew who she was you might refuse to speak with her” She said looking at his back.

 

Is she there?

 

Chills run on his spine when he thinks he was right.

 

“She said she can help you with the drug scandal.” She said seriously. “She doesn’t want to talk to me actually. She is eyeing me with jealousy; she might be one of your exes?” She laughed at the thought.

 

“She said she will talk to you directly.

 

If it was the drug scandal, he can’t think who it might be. And that was in Japan? Is it Japanese? But if it is a spirit, a ghost, he can’t remember who might have died because of him? Exes? He only had 3 ex girlfriends but all of them are alive and healthy.

 

“I can’t think of any? All my ex are alive and healthy, I think? They are all active” He said looking at Dara who is looking questioningly on his back.

 

“Stop looking at my back, it is creeping me out.” He can’t help but to say it aloud.

She moved her gaze on him and smiled. “Wait, she said you don’t really know her.”

 

“Then how the hell can she really help me?” He asked, going crazy.

 

“Do you want to speak with her now?” She suggested.

 

“Wait! No!” He said. He panicked at what she has suggested. “No. I.. I am not ready for that. Jut rely their message first. I will tell you once I am ready. Just no now, please.”

 

She nodded and looked again on my back.

 

“Can you tell them also to move away? Not on my back please?” He said in a small voice..

 

“They can hear you” She said simply. Her gaze then moved away on his back. She is now looking at the sofa in front of them.

 

“Let’s go back to Hyung Seung then” Dara said, who is now looking at him. “Will that be fine?”

 

“Yes, just talk through you though. I am not ready to talk to him directly.” He pleaded. “This is too much to believe, so please understand.” She nodded and again looked at the sofa in front, like she is listening. When she looked at him again she said

 

“He said he is sorry for what he did. He badly needed the money for his family. He did it for money but he didn’t know that it will totally destroy your career. He thought, it was just a small issue that you and your company can take care of. That once he got the money, and die, it will all be alright, for his family and for you too.”

 

He shook his head. He can’t believe it at all.

 

“He should have just asked me for money. I can help him. For God’s sake, he shouldn’t have died like that, he shouldn’t have died.” Tears run to his face. “You should just tell me you’ve needed money. I can help you! He looked at the sofa where Dara was looking at, even he can’t see anything but believing that his friend is there saying these things to him makes him emotional. “They’ve tricked you! They’ve used you to destroy me, you know that? You were angry at me because they told you I have used you, that I just used you! You knew me for years, you should have known better. I never used you!” He wiped his tears and continued “I would always put your name and you were paid for all the songs we’ve made together. I always make sure that you are with me with all this success.”

 

This is the first time he cried after all the things he’s been through for weeks. This is the time he can no longer hide and can’t help but to release everything. He still can’t believe it all; everything that Dara is saying but he can longer hide his emotions. He never had the chance to tell everything to anyone. Even to his family, to his friends or even to YG. He can only relay limited information as he doesn’t want his friend’s death to be so pitiful. And his family, how can he tell his family about it and he has no evidence?

 

No one knew what really happened. He was accused of plagiarism for the whole album, not only with a song but the whole album. Can you believe that? All of the songs on the album were made by him. Without him knowing Hyun Seung, who sometimes come to his house and help him with the songs, stole the songs and revised a little of it to make it similar to what he did.

 

Hyun Seung was offered by a large amount of money, and got tricked by YG’s competitor and claimed that he stole their songs. They have evidences and a witness, that Jiyong cannot even countered back. He wanted to clear his name but he wouldn’t want Hyung Seung’s to be blamed. He was his friend and he knew his name is respected in the industry and his family doesn’t know. He is the only person who knew who stole the song. He died, before he hung his self, he sent him a message saying “I’m Sorry” and he knew right then that he did it.

 

Without him and his family knowing, he owes a lot of money to some loan sharks and was told that they will kill one of his family members if he would not pay them on time. It was a large amount of money that his family didn’t know. Her wife said he would always come home late with smell of alcohol, months ago. Upon their investigation, the large amount was used for gambling. He was gambling for months and the money he owes got higher and higher. Then, his son got into an accident and needed more money. That is when he took the bait that was offered to him when their competitor knew that their doing their next album. He can’t even think why other companies need to do that. Don’t they have trust to their artists? Why can’t they just use and do their business diligently without dragging other artist down? Using helpless person? And he died just like that.

 

His thoughts were cut when he felt Dara’s hand on his back. Patting his back, giving him some encouragements. ”Should we continue?” She asked softly. He just nodded.

 

“He said, everything he did cannot be undone now. He left a letter for you Jiyong. It has all the information you need to prove your innocence.”

 

Jiyong’s head went to Dara, can’t believe what she have said. Dara seems to understand what he is feeling she said “Yes. He did leave something for you. We can have her family to look for it and your name will be cleared. He asked his wife to read it once he is gone but he thinks she hasn’t read it yet for some reasons. His wife can’t accept it yet, his death”.

 

“Your wife is pregnant you Idiot!” Jiyong shouted that Dara shrieked, shocked on how angry Jiyong is.

 

“You killed yourself without knowing you will be a father again. You left your family alone you stupid! You left them with dirty money! And they are still mourning for losing you, then what? You want me to ask them to read your damn letter? Just o prove my innocence, then what? Hurt them some more? How can you be so cruel?!”

“I really think you need to speak with him directly Jiyong.” Dara suggested again.

 

“No.” He refused.

 

“I don’t know what I would do if I see him or talk to him. I can punch him... and that would be you. I don’t want to do that to you.” He said. His face is now red and she saw how he is clenching his fist with anger, so Dara didn’t push it.

She sighed deeply and continued.

 

“He said, that is the only way. Think about it and stop thinking about him and his family. It is all his fault and his family will be okay.”

 

“Will be okay, you say?” He asked laughing bitterly. “I won’t be hesitating if your family will be okay after this. Didn’t you realize how hard this is for you wife? Why are you doing this to me Hyun Seung?”

 

Dara stopped and seems hesitant to continue when Mr. Yoo came handling a wireless phone on his right hand.

 

“Sorry to interrupt you, Dara and Mr. Kwon” He said, acknowledging Jiyong’s presence then went to Dara.

 

“Lee Donghae is insisting to speak with you.” He can’t read Dara’s expression.

 

“Lee Donghae? Lee Donghae of Super Junior?” Jiyong was really shocked how Dara knew Donghae.

 

How come he knew Donghae but not him? He can’t help but to feel a little insulted. Am I not that famous???

 

“He is outside and he already got two bodyguards down. We don’t want any violence. What should we do?” Mr. Yoo asked.

 

Wow. What kind of relationship do they have that Donghae would be violent?

 

He looked at Dara who is still quiet on his side. Looking at her face, she really is cute. Her face that she has been hiding with her bangs is actually beautiful. Without the eye bags and blood shot eyes, she is beautiful.

 

Is Donghae her boyfriend? Not that she is looking down at her but she seems… not sociable.

 

“I’ll talk to him” She finally said. She stood up and looked at him. “Sorry, I need to go. Will you okay here?” She asked.

 

Mr. Yoo already went out, directing orders on the phone.

 

“Yeah, go on. I’ll wait here” He said. But when he thought of the 2 or 3 spirits that might still be around him, alone with him, he changed his mind and held on Dara’s arm when she was about to leave. She looked at him questioningly at what he did.

 

“Can I come with you?” He asked.

 

She thinks first and then held on his hand.

 

“Can you pretend we are close? Like we have some special relationship in front of him?” She asked not looking at him as they walk towards the door.

 

“Why?” He asked.

 

“I just wanted him to know I am okay and I don’t need his help” She held on his hand tightly as if asking for more energy.

 

“You are helping me, so why not?” He said briefly, squeezing her hand tightly too. She seems indifferent when Donghae is mentioned, he wanted to ask but looking at Dara’s expression, it is better not to. He stopped and pulled Dara to stop too.

 

“I can be your pretend boyfriend you know? You want?” He teasingly asked just to make the atmosphere lighter. Dara’s aura is so gloomy he feels the chills again, as if ghosts are surrounding them.

 

“Really?” Dara asked “Kiss me then?” She challenged him.

 

And he did, on her lips. And everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

>>>>>>>>   

\(*o*)/ hurray! First kiss! >_< #kjme1003