Chapter 6: The Innocent

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, have you seen Kyuhyun?”

When the blonde shook his head exhaling smoke from his y lips, Ryeowook sighed running a hand through his hair. He had been trying to find Kyuhyun all day now. His roommate received a phone call in the early morning, startling both of them up from sleep. When Kyuhyun answered it, his face fell and he quickly scrambled off his bed, changing from his sweatpants into jeans. He pulled on a shirt over his body and then walked out of the door without looking back. Ryeowook was still in a daze from having just woken up. He went back to sleep thinking that it was nothing. But when Ryeowook woke up three hours later, he found that Kyuhyun’s bed was just as how he had left it. Kyuhyun had not returned back. When Kyuhyun still did not return when it was starting to get dark, Ryeowook started to worry and decided to go and look for his friend.

Donghae shook his head, “No, he wasn’t in class earlier.”

“What’s wrong?”

“He’s been gone all day.” Ryeowook worriedly told Donghae. “He received a call in the morning and then just abruptly… left.”

When Donghae didn’t respond to him, Ryeowook shook his head. What was he doing anyway asking Donghae about Kyuhyun’s whereabouts? They had already submitted their assignment a month ago. They stopped talking and hanging out since then. Donghae wouldn’t know where Kyuhyun was, he wouldn’t care too.

“Have you tried his phone?” Donghae asked.

Ryeowook nodded. “He switched it off.”

Ryeowook was just about to thank Donghae and went on his own way, continuing his search for Kyuhyun when his phone suddenly rang. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket and answered it without looking at the i.d caller. It was Kyuhyun, he knew it had to be. There was no one at first, just heavy breathing. And then he heard it.

“Kyuhyun?”

When Kyuhyun broke into sobs, Ryeowook’s heart started to ache. “Where are you, Kyu?”

“I can’t do this… I can’t do this anymore, beautiful.” Kyuhyun sobbed. “I can’t.”

“Kyuhyun, what’s wrong?” Ryeowook whispered into his phone. “Please tell me where you are, Kyu.”

“They’re gone. They’re gone.” Kyuhyun continued chanting, voice breaking over and over again.

And then he hung up. Ryeowook desperately fumbled with his phone with shaky hands, trying to call Kyuhyun back but there was no answer. Ryeowook looked at Donghae who was watching him. Somewhere along the phone call, Donghae had dumped his cigarette on the floor.

“What’s going on?” Donghae asked.

“I… Kyuhyun… Something’s wrong.” Ryeowook could barely find his voice to speak, his body shaking. “I need to find him.”

Donghae grabbed Ryeowook by his shoulders, stopping him before he was about to run off. “You need to calm down.”

“I… Can’t… Something’s wrong. I know it.”

“Let me help you, Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook, it was the first time Donghae called him by his name. Ryeowook found himself calming down almost immediately when Donghae soothingly ran his hands down Ryeowook’s arms. “Here, give me your phone.”

Ryeowook did as he was told, handing Donghae his phone. As Donghae worked on whatever he was doing, Ryeowook paced back and forth. He couldn’t stay still, not until he knew if Kyuhyun was alright, not until he found Kyuhyun. He had no idea what was going on but for Kyuhyun to sound like that, for Kyuhyun to cry, for Kyuhyun to break… That must have meant something horrible had just happened. Kyuhyun never cried, he rarely ever did.

“He’s on the rooftop.” Donghae said, handing Ryeowook over the phone. “Come on, I know how to get up there.”

“How are we going to go up to the rooftop?” Ryeowook asked, momentarily distracted. No one was allowed on the rooftop for safety purposes. But then again, this was Donghae they were talking about. Of course he knew ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter