Chapter 1: Beautiful

Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Beautiful, something that pleases the mind or senses.”

8-years old Cho Kyuhyun repeated every word he had been taught in class during English lesson. That was how he usually spent his usual recess time - eating his usual peanut-butter and jelly sandwich under a tree while he watched the other students running around and dirtying themselves at the playground.

Then came him.

Kyuhyun found his lips clamped shut whenever the boy was in sight. He’d lose his concentration on recalling what he had studied, he’d lose his attention on the other students around. All he saw was him and how he was usually alone, sitting on a bench. He never ate, he never drank. Kyuhyun didn’t know why.

The boy was short and his skin was slightly tanned. His lips were small but plump, his nose and jawlines high. He wore a black-framed circle glasses which looked a little too funny on him since he was a little overweight. It made his face looked round and big like a ball. The other students would laugh at him for wearing glasses like that – since he was the only one who wore it in their grade – and he would keep his head down, probably embarrassed. Kyuhyun never once laughed at him though. He never quite understood what was so funny about wearing glasses. His parents wore them, his teachers wore them and even some janitors wore them too. So why were the others laughing at him and calling him blind? He just never understood.

Just like him, the boy had no other friend. But for Kyuhyun, it was his choi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter