The End

Drabbles In My Mind

This is it. Finally, the day has come, and to welcome today, I wanted to look extra good.

I’ve prepared my new suit and tie, sent it to the laundry then asked it to be ironed before I took it home. I’ve bought new shoes and polished it to make it extra shined. I did everything extra to solely welcome today.

I went to barber shop the other day and asked the stylist to cut my hair then shaped it coolly. Went to a beauty salon too, something I never did before to ask the beautician to do anything they could to make my skin looked fresher and brighter, because I wanted to look extra good for this special day.

And finally, today, has come.

It feels like the time has stopped the moment I walked through the door with everyone’s eyes on me, before I heard murmurs among them saying things I probably already knew what without even had to listen to them clearly.

I saw some faces I’m familiar with, family, friends, family friends, so on and so forth. To all of them, I showed them my biggest grin and brightest smile.

Through the corner of my eyes I saw some pictures of her, posed beautifully, gorgeous, as always, in various gowns, and casual attires too. My steps then lead me to one of it, the most beautiful one in my opinion, because only in that picture, I saw her smile.

From my left side I heard someone said “Get Jackie here” while from my right side, I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder.

“Follow me” and suddenly, I was standing in front of a room “She’s in there” as I was told “I’ll hold them up”

“Jessica-ssi” she looked at me “Thank you”

She looked at me and sighed before she walked away as she wiped her tears, trying to look as subtle as she could.

It brought a smile in my face “Always wanted to look cool Jessica unnie”

I opened the door and take a step in.

There she was, laid calmly, in a beautiful dress.

We were once lovers.

We were once so in love with each other that we’ve dreamed about living a live together forever, through happiness and sadness, for whatever and however the life would come to us.

I walked closer to where she is and I couldn’t help myself to touch her beautiful face. I brushed her hair and her cheek. Nothing really changed. She’s still as beautiful as ever.

“Hey..” I greeted her “Hey you beautiful..” She didn’t greet me back, but its okay, it’s always like this because she had always been a heavy sleeper, I guess that runs in the family because I remembered Yuri complained to me about it once. I never complained though, I somehow see it as, her unique charm.

I’m just madly in love with you, that’s what my friends told me. I won’t deny that I am madly in love with you though.

She looked so peaceful whenever she’s in a deep sleep like this.

“Don’t you miss me princess?” I asked her but of course, she didn’t answer me “I miss you though.."

“It’s the day Soojung-ah” I whispered to her softly “The day we both had been waiting for” I took out something I’ve been keeping for awhile “Look, I even finally made it to get this for us” I showed it to her.

“The pair of bracelet we both wanted. It made of gold, painted in platinum colored with our initial carved on its hook, look” I showed her out initial Y&S “But what’s more special about this, is the fact that it could only be opened by the owner of its pair, it means, once you put this on me, you’ll be the only one who could opened it, so does me, to yours” I smiled at her serene face.

“I hope you’ll like it, that’s the first good idea I ever came up with right?” I laughed at myself “You always annoyed at my ideas which mostly stupid” then I felt a lone tear fell from the corner of my eyes “Sorry..”

One, followed with another one and finally, no matter how hard I tried not to let it all out, it eventually does “I’m so sorry..”

I felt someone wrapped me in a tight hug and although I couldn’t see who, I know who.

Today, supposed to be the day where I’d see you walked in the arms of your father to meet me at the altar where we would say our vow to each other.

Today, supposed to be the day we’d announced it proudly to the world, that both of us are officially off the market, forever.

Today, supposed to be the day that I’d call you my wife, and you’d call me yours.

I wish I came home early as promised that night. I wish I replied her texts even just once. I wish I picked up when she kept calling me not to purposely ignore it thinking that she’s been too demanding while I’m already on my way home.

I wish..

There were a lot of things that I wished before.

But now, when I saw the casket that keeps your body inside, being lowered down to sixth feet under, I only have one wish, just one.

I wish I’d see you soon, once my body hit the ground.

 

A TV being switched on.

“We received news that just happened half of an hour ago about a suicidal case in one of an apartment complex in Hangangro-dong, Seoul. The occupants of YPC apartment complex were struck by the discovery of one of the occupant’s body on the ground after allegedly jumped down from her unit on the 25th floor. Amber J Liu, 28th years old female were found lifeless on the ground with severe injuries that made it impossible for the paramedics who came soon after her body was founded to do anything to be able to rescue her. Amber, an architect from one of Seoul’s biggest firm had been through a hard time after losing her fiancé’s life over a robbery with violence case just a couple of weeks ago that lead to the death of Krystal Jung from being brutally stabbed by the perpetrators who’s still on a run even until the time we delivered this news. We will try to reach our correspondent who’s currently on scene, shortly after this commercial break..”

And the TV being switched off.