Chances and Conversations

The Jeon Wonwoo Burn Book

"Monday finally arrived and Mingyu knew that Wonwoo would not be waiting for him at the school gates as per usual but somehow, somewhere in him had a little hope of seeing the beanie boy with a smile, standing there and waving at him from a distance. He could only nod in acknowledgement of the reality that Wonwoo was not there for today.

As he stepped into the classroom, he immediately noticed Wonwoo at his usual seat next to the window. The boy seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Mingyu slowly walked up to Wonwoo and tapped him lightly on the shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts. Wonwoo looked up at him, shocked. He opened his mouth to speak but the teacher walked in and Mingyu sighed, turning to return to his seat.

Before he could though, Wonwoo grabbed his wrist. The taller boy felt his heart skip a beat.

"I'll meet you at the rooftop after school." Mingyu whispered and Wonwoo nodded, loosening his grip on Mingyu's wrist.

The rest of the day simply seemed to drag on for Mingyu and he was beginning to get more anxious by the minute. He knew what he wanted and had to do but something in him also felt like he would just end up making things more awkward between the both of them. Wonwoo was no better. 'What if Mingyu doesn't want us talking anymore? What if we can't even look at each other anymore?' Only negative things were going through Wonwoo's head.

When the last class for the day had ended, Mingyu sprinted out of the class and up to the rooftop to wait for Wonwoo. The beanie boy was already standing there, back facing towards Mingyu and enjoying the afternoon breeze. As soon as he heard the rooftop door squeak open, he turned around.

"So what did you call me here for?" Wonwoo asked quietly, playing with his fingers, unable to make eye contact with the taller male in front of him.

"I-I wanna apologise, Wonwoo."

"For?"

"For being so bi-polar with my feelings. One moment I am all cold towards you and another moment we seem to be the best of friends." Mingyu felt his eyes sting and tears threatening to fall but he did not want to cry in front of Wonwoo. Not yet. "I was so oblivious towards your feelings. I was selfish, only caring about what I think and feel."

"Mingyu..."

"I just want you to know that I love you too, Jeon Wonwoo. I have always loved you."

That was when he allowed his tears to fall freely. Almost immediately after, Wonwoo pulled Mingyu into his embrace.

"Mingyu...I don't know what to say. Thank you so much." Wonwoo mumbled as Mingyu quietened down and the both of them just stayed there, enjoying each other's presence for a while longer until Wonwoo pulled away with a big smile on his face. He was back to his cheery and cheeky self once again.

"I guess I'll have to try this again don't I? Kim Mingyu, will you be my boyfriend?"

Mingyu felt his cheeks heating up as he nodded shyly. He never knew that this day would ever arrive but it did and Mingyu had no plans of letting this opportunity slip through his fingers like he almost did a few days ago.

 

"What drink would you like, sir?" Wonwoo asked politely as he put on his green apron. The both of them had gone to the cafe where Wonwoo was working at. Mingyu laughed and pretended to ponder for a moment before opening his mouth to speak but Wonwoo hurriedly cut him off. "Oh of course, an Iced Americano. Got it! Please take a seat as we prepare your order!"

Mingyu chuckled, doing as he was told and took a seat at the table near the counter just so that he could see Wonwoo working and serving customers once in a while as he began his homework. Around five minutes later, a cup of Americano was gently placed in front of Mingyu.

"Free of charge." Wonwoo grinned and returned to his place behind the counter as Mingyu thanked him and carried on with his homework.

Wonwoo's two-hour shift ended at five and the both of them walked home together. Mingyu did not live too far away from Wonwoo so it was very convenient for both parties.

"Today is probably one of the best days of my life, Wonwoo." Mingyu admitted, looking up at the sky that had begun to darken. The boy next to him nodded in agreement.

"I feel the same."

"Hey, how do you think our parents are going to feel about you know...the both of us?" Mingyu questioned.

"They kinda already know. I may have told your mum..." Wonwoo's voice trailed off as Mingyu let out a laugh that he felt was music to his ears.

As they reached the doorstep to the Kim household, Mingyu took out the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. Before he could take a step in, he felt a strong tug on his arm and the next thing he knew, his lips had crashed against Wonwoo's.

The slightly shorter boy pulled away, a blushing mess, and ran off in embarrassment while yelling, "I'll call you tonight Mingu! Love you!"

"That dork, I swear." Mingyu murmured to himself, smiling like an idiot as he entered the house.


Okay so a new school year has officially started for me a few days ago. Hence, the big delay in an update. Sorry!! I'll probably only have the time to update on the weekends so I hope that you'll be able to bear with me :) Thank you guys <3