"I really dislike-"

The Jeon Wonwoo Burn Book

After another week of school flew past, it was finally the weekend once again and Mingyu's mother felt like it was a great time to clean up the store room which was full of random things. It was only thirty minutes into the cleaning when he heard his mother shriek in delight.

"Mingyu! Come downstairs! I have something to show you!"

"Okay!" He called back, jogging downstairs only to see his mother holding a familiar pastel blue box. "Is that-"

"Your childhood memory box that you made with Wonwoo!" She said, reminiscing the past. "I don't get why you keep pushing him away nowadays. You guys used to be awfully close. Always so excited whenever Wonwoo's mum brought him over and when it was time to go you would always cry. Good times."

A smile slowly made it's way to his face but he immediately replaced it with a frown. "T-that was last time. I don't like him now."

Mrs Kim sighed deeply at her stubborn son before picking up the house phone. Before Mingyu even had the chance to talk, Wonwoo was already on the line.

"Sure! I would love to come over! See the both of you soon!"

 

Wonwoo hugged Mrs Kim warmly and opened his arms welcomingly towards Mingyu who turned away, folding his arms. The three of them sat on the couch in the living room and took out the first thing sticking out of the box. It was a large photo album. Mrs Kim opened it and 'aw'ed at the first picture. It was of Mingyu and Wonwoo building sandcastles together.

In each picture they each looked so close to each other that even Wonwoo began to wonder what happened along the way that suddenly made his best friend hate him. He had asked Mingyu about it a couple times but the boy would simply reply with a ‘shut up’.

Mrs Kim closed the album shut and whipped out a CD from the box. “Here it is! I’ve been looking all over for it!” She smiled, placing it in the CD player and the television. Straight away, the video began with the two boys, still aged about five years, holding hands.

"Hello boys!" Mrs Kim's voice sounded and they grinned.

"Hi camera! My name is Mingyu and this is my bestest friend ever. He's Wonwoo. We do everything together. I love Wonwoo a lot!" Mingyu smiled, hugging the boy next to him tightly.

"Yes! I'm Jeon Wonwoo and I love Mingyu! We're great friends you know!"

"Mummy! Hansol from kindergarten says that when two people are in love, they date and then maybe get married! Does that mean Wonwoo and I have to get married?" Mingyu inquired, staring into the camera innocently, his hand gripping tightly onto Wonwoo's hand.

Mrs Kim was evidently flustered as she simply stuttered, "Oh, sweetie, uhm. Hansol is not supposed to be randomly sharing that in class but I guess, to put it simply then yes. Only at the right age though."

"Wah~ Mingyu when we grow up, let's get married!" Wonwoo jumped excitedly as Mingyu nodded vigorously.

The video faded to black as it ended and Mrs Kim's laugh sounded through the living room. Beanie boy was snickering and Mingyu just sat there, his mouth wide open in shock.

"H-h-how did I even..." He shook his head, refusing to believe what he just saw and got up to leave but was pulled back down.

"Come on, we were five. It's not like we even knew what marriage meant." Wonwoo spoke. "Plus, there's just one more video." He interlocked their hands, preventing Mingyu from escaping.

'Just like when we were kids...' Mingyu said in his head, experiencing a warm and familiar feeling from Wonwoo's hand. "Well, just for a while, I guess I wouldn't mind." He mumbled to himself as the next video began to play.

The boys were building a sandcastle and whenever it collapsed or got washed away, they would laugh and start building another one. However, their fun moment was ruined when a girl ran up to Wonwoo and snatched away the bucket that he was holding. Too shocked, he did not react and just stood there, rooted to the ground. Mingyu though, was not having any of it.

"Hey! Give it back! I really dislike what you just did. You're going to make Wonwoo sad!" He yelled, snatching back the bucket and running back to Wonwoo. The girl began to cry and Mrs Kim hurriedly stopped the video just as Mrs Jeon came into the shot. The videos officially came to an end.

"Sigh. Good times indeed. Well, I have to get back to my cleaning. You boys can just hang out or continue looking through the box okay?" Mrs Kim beamed at them and went off, back to work.

 

They were back in Mingyu's room looking through the other albums when Wonwoo decided to break the silence with a question he still needed an answer for.

"Why do you hate me, Mingyu?"

"It's tough to explain. Really, but I'll tell you one day, I promise." The taller boy answered and Wonwoo silently thanked that Mingyu was still not back to his cold self.

"Okay then. I have to be home soon, bye." Wonwoo waved, putting his beanie back on and exiting the room without a word. No joking, nothing.

Mingyu decided to shrug off the weird feeling building up in him and kept everything back into the box before placing it under his study table. He saw the burn book sitting at a corner of the table, in between his other notebooks and he pulled it out. He picked out a pen and thought about what to write but...

His mind was blank.

Suprisingly, there was nothing to write about today.

He stood up and slotted the book back neatly.

"I must be going crazy." He said to himself.


Woah almost a 100 subs!! Thanks a million guys!

Christmas is coming up real soon so I might make a special Christmas chapter!