Wonwoo's Prom Date

The Jeon Wonwoo Burn Book

Mingyu thought that he would definitely be able to just go up to her and say what he really felt but as soon as she stepped into the class, desperate to find him, his confidence dropped to an immediate zero. However, if not today, then when? As soon as her gaze landed on the tall tan boy, she ran over to his desk.

“Oppa I am so excited for prom night this weekend. What do you think will look best on me? This tiara? Or this bejeweled hairband?” She questioned, trying both accessories on one by one. “W-what’s wrong?”

“Ji Hye, I can’t be your date to prom. I’m sorry.” He said, slowly finding back his confidence. Her eyes widened in shock.

“Why? Am I not good enough? Tell me, who’s the other girl? Huh. I don’t think she’ll be better looking than me.” She snapped, raising her voice and attracting some attention from some students.

“Other girl? I’m sorry? Pretty sure I’m a guy and I am rather attractive if I have to say so myself.” A deep voice sounded and Mingyu felt an arm wrapped protectively around his shoulder. It was none other than Jeon Wonwoo. “Be thankful that he’s actually telling you in advance instead of ditching you on the day itself. I mean, I would, to be honest.”

“You’re choosing this guy over me? You would rather go with a friend? Okay ew, whatever. We’re over, Mingyu.” Ji Hye spat, expecting Mingyu to react somehow but he was not the least affected.

“You can’t end something that didn’t even happen in the first place!” Wonwoo yelled over the noise and she clenched her fists, storming off.

“Hey…thanks, whatever.” Mingyu said under his breath and took out a book to read as Wonwoo smiled happily.

“No problem, Mingu.”

 

There he sat, in the backseat of his mum’s car, gripping tightly onto his cell phone and looking out of the window once every few seconds, dreading when the school will finally come into view. Eventually it did, of course.

“Aye! You look great Mingyu!” Wonwoo’s voice could be heard just as he got out of the car and waved his mum goodbye. “Never thought I would actually see you in a tux.”

During the compliments, Wonwoo could feel his heart skip a beat but the weird feeling eventually faded when the both of them entered the gym. A melody immediately filled their ears and they took a seat at the bleachers, watching the couples or even just friends, spin around and have a good time on the dance floor.

“Where’s your date?”

The slightly shorter boy felt his palms begin to get sweaty due to the question that Mingyu just so suddenly fired at him.

“Oh. I don’t see her yet. She said she’d be late.” He answered, looking around dramatically for the effect but Mingyu seemed to buy it, placing him at ease.

Soon, they spotted Ji Hye linking arms with a tall male. They strutted into the gym as if they owned the party but to their disappointment, everyone was too absorbed into whatever they were doing to notice. When she spotted Mingyu and Wonwoo sitting together, she scoffed, flipping her hair and leading her date to get a drink.

“Should we go out for a bit? Slow songs aren’t really my thing and it will probably go on for another hour or so.” Wonwoo piped up. Giving Mingyu no time to respond, he dragged him out of the gym and into the school garden.

“This whole prom night is boring. To think my mum actually insisted on getting me this blazer. It costed so much.”

“C’mon. Don’t be like that. There was Ji Hye. Until you ended up backing out.” Wonwoo commented matter-of-factly.

“And you? Apparently your date is extremely late?” Mingyu rolled his eyes, already suspicious of Wonwoo’s so-called ‘date’. “So, tell me more about her.”

“Okay but don’t go falling for her when I tell you about how awesome she is.” He laughed.

“Ha. Ha. Ha. Joke of the year. Now spill.” Mingyu crossed his arms.

“Well, it has only been recently but I think I’m starting to really like her. She has so much swagger and damn. Her voice when she raps? It’s like heaven. However, she’s rather cold to me these days and I don’t know what else to do.” The boy tugged on his beanie as cold wind blew past.

“And she still agreed to be your date to prom?”

Wonwoo cracked a small smile. “Let’s go back in, shall we?”


This is only part one so the next part's going to be continued in the next chapter! :>

I'll post it tomorrow :D