The Burn Book

The Jeon Wonwoo Burn Book

Mingyu groaned. His message notifications had been going on non-stop for almost five minutes already. His tolerance level finally shot past its limit when Son Dambi's song 'Queen', also his ringtone, began playing. Ruffling his hair in annoyance, he rolled out of bed and picked up the call without even bothering to check the caller ID.

"Annyeong Mingu. Good morning~" A low and calm voice spoke.

The sleepy boy sighed deeply, rolling his eyes. He immediately recognised who the voice belonged to and it was not someone who he was particularly fond of. "My name is Mingyu for your information and what do you want, Jeon Wonwoo? Your voice isn't exactly something I would want to wake up to."

"Ouch. Fiesty. First thing in the morning too." Wonwoo replied. "I guess you just woke up? Well get ready because I'm taking you out. Your mum complains that you spend too much time indoors and you should go out especially since it's the weekend."

"Hmm...how about, no. Mind your own business, I do what I want. It's Saturday."

There was no reply. The line was dead.

"Urgh, how dare he hang up on me?" Mingyu threw his phone on the couch and jumped back into bed, burrying his face into the soft pillow. Around fifteen minutes later, as he slowly began drifting back to sleep, he heard voices downstairs but ignored it, assuming that his mother had a few friends over for a chat.

"Kim Mingyu, your knight in shining armour has arrived." Mingyu heard a whisper in his ear. "Knight...Wonwoo..." He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Yes, it's me, your Wonwoo."

Wonwoo? Jeon Wonwoo?

Mingyu shot straight up, all sleep had escaped from his body. Oh yes, he was fully awake and he did not have the best expression on. It was a mix of embarrassment, anger and a bunch of other negative emotions.

"Yah why are you in my room? Get out you ert!" Mingyu took the thing closest to him on the bedside table and threw it straight at the boy wearing a beanie. His alarm clock.

"Damn Mingyu stop being so violent. You can literally kill someone, I'm not even joking AND I'm not a ert okay?! Says you! Saying I'm your knight in shining armour." Wonwoo rubbed his arm, wincing, but his eyes lit up soon after. "Does that mean you dreamt of me?"

Mingyu glared at him, threatening to throw his table lamp next. That shut Wonwoo up.

 

Mingyu stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jacket, grumbling. "Why do I have to go through all this? It's not like we're doing anything interesting. I just want to go home and watch movies with popcorn, my bed, phone. It's all I ever need!"

"Look on the bright side of things, come on. How can you not be happy I mean, look at me. I bring happiness everywhere I go." Wonwoo smiled, pulling a not-impressed Mingyu into a random store.

The taller boy cleared his throat. He had to admit, the store was pretty cool. A colourful notebook caught his eye and he picked it up, instantly feeling attracted to something other than it's colours.

"Ew, that book is so girly. Whatever, take your pick. I need to go buy some coffee for my cousin at home. I won't be long!" Wonwoo informed, clutching onto his beanie and dashing off.

"Take as long as you need! Forever's good too!" Mingyu called out, averting his attention back to the book.

"Ah, I see you're taking a liking to the burn book. It hasn't been selling well these days but it used to be popular among many teenagers. Gossip, dissing, they express everything in there." The lady suddenly said from behind him, causing him to jump a little.

One person immediately came to Mingyu's mind.

"I'll take it. How much would it be?" He inquired eagerly and the woman laughed.

"I'll give it to you for free young man. You look like you really need to vent some things. Is it that boy?" She commented, placing it in a plastic bag.

Mingyu grinned in response. Just then, Wonwoo returned with two cups of coffee in his hands.

"Let's go home!"

 

Switching on the light on his study table, Mingyu studied the front cover of the book.

This Burn Book Belongs To:

The boy scribbled down his name and flipped open the book to the first page.

Welcome to the burn book! Gossip? Dissing? Feel free to express everything here!

There was a blank line after that sentence and Mingyu spent no time in thinking or hesitating before spelling out a certain person's name in capital letters.

 

 

JEON WONWOO


Hello hello! The first chapter is up! Woah 40+ subs with just the foreword. THANK YOUUU!! I seriously had so much fun writing this chapter.

Stay tuned for more meanie to come! ^^