A Change of Heart?

The Jeon Wonwoo Burn Book

As the two boys entered the gym once again, expecting to hear the same calm and sweet melodious music, they were instead greeted with a different genre of music. It was none other than hip hop music, which I should add, was probably the only thing Mingyu could agree on and relate to with Wonwoo. Growing up, the both of them always watched music shows on the television together and were greatly influenced by the rap performances. It was not long before their love for it continued to grow and they tried rapping too and writing a few lyrics.

Minghao was already breaking it down on the dance floor with his sick b-boying. Though he was not a very sociable kid, everyone acknowledges his dance skill since it was the only time he could express himself. His best friend, Junhui was at the side cheering him on enthusiastically.

On the other hand, Soonyoung and Seokmin were at the DJ station, doing their own thing and creating their own remixes on the spot. Such talent. As soon as the duo noticed Mingyu and Wonwoo enter, Soonyoung spoke into the mic.

“And here we have our rappers! Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo! C’mon here guys, take a mic each and get on with that rapping of yours.” Soonyoung announced, waving the two other microphones around.

They shrugged and did as they were told. They may seem chill and casual with it on the outside but on the inside, really, they were bubbling with excitement. They had always rapped with each other and jammed to music, until Mingyu started distancing himself.

 

Everybody moved aside slightly just as Minghao ended with an awesome pose and the two ‘rapper’s took their place in the middle of the gym, spotlights moving everywhere. The backing track began and Mingyu started off comfortably. As soon as he was done with his part, Wonwoo took over and rhymed perfectly. It was like the both of them had practiced for this performance for a long time.

Boys were cheering them on while the girls were squealing while screaming out things along the lines of “Oh my gosh you’re adorable! Please marry me.”

When the song had ended, they high-fived. Again, something that had not been done in a few years. They returned to the bleachers and Mingyu offered to get some punch for the both of them just because he was currently in a very good mood. Taking advantage of the situation, Hansol took a seat next to Wonwoo.

“So has he caught onto any of your hints?”

Wonwoo sighed deeply. Partly due to frustration. “No. Ugh. I even talked about my fake prom date. I literally described him and nope, not a single clue. I’m getting a bit impatient, Hansol…should I just like, go ahead and confess?”

“But he hates you. Or I think he does. Seems like he might like you back. After all, if he just started hating you for no reason, it’s probably because of love if you never did anything wrong.” The bandana boy answered. “Alright, I’ve got to go for now. Seungkwan is calling me. Bye~”

At the right moment, Mingyu arrived back and Wonwoo sipped on the punch with an uneasy feeling.

 

The lights dimmed and a spotlight was cast onto the stage. Their level representative, Wendy, stepped onto the stage.

“Is everyone having fun tonight?”

Everyone answered with a yes.

“Well, before the night ends, we need to know who our prom king and queen are right? According to the voting, we have decided. The prom king is, Chwe Hansol! Congratulations!”

There was very loud clapping as he walked up to stage and bowed politely to thank everyone. A crown was then placed nicely on his head.

“To join our prom king is prom queen…Park Ji Hye!”

After the crown was placed on her head, she snatched the mic from a now shocked Wendy and smiled sweetly at the audience.

“Okay, enough. Time for my speech. Everyone shut up okay?”

Before another word could be said, all the students had started booing her for the attitude and she simply scoffed, throwing the crown and microphone to the floor and stomping off, her prom date following behind.

Silence engulfed the gym and Hansol picked up the mic. “Oh well. I’ll just choose another prom king then. Seungkwan come on up, let’s jam.”

The mood got better as some wolf whistles could be heard and DivaBoo strutted up the stage, setting the crown onto his head by himself. He pointed towards Soonyoung and Seokmin. Taking in the hint, music blasted from the speakers once again. Mingyu and Wonwoo who were now in full jamming mood, stood up and pulled out some dance moves.

“I think you got stood up by your date.” Mingyu laughed.

“I don’t care. I’m enjoying myself a lot right now.”

 

Mingyu yawned as he finally reached his bedroom. He took off his tie and hung it on the chair, the coloured book grabbing his attention as per usual. He pulled it out.

After taking a glance at it, he tossed it into the bin, shaking his head.

“Silly Wonwoo.”

 

To: Jeon Wonwoo

Hey. Thanks for hanging out with me. Don’t be upset about your date, yea? lol


Sorry this took a little too long. :< I kept rewriting the chapter since I felt that it was awfully short each time. :/

lol this chapter though. Will it be the end of the burn book? *dramatic music*