The "Christmas Spirit"

The Jeon Wonwoo Burn Book

"WOOOOO Mingyu ah! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Wonwoo invaded the room and began jumping on Mingyu's bed. "Come on! Hurry up! Where's my present? I asked for plane tickets to America, where are they?" He continued, not sparing a thought for Mingyu who had not fully woken up yet and was shocked, thinking that someone had broken into the house. However, seeing that it was just Wonwoo, he pulled the sheets back over himself.

"Wonwoo I'm still so sleepy. Kindly leave. I'm tryna be nice here because it's Christmas." Mingyu mumbled into his pillow. He sighed in relief as he heard footsteps towards the door and it slammed shut. Or so he thought. Wonwoo ran straight for the bed and jumped onto Mingyu, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hah you thought. Merry Christmas!"

The now awake boy shot out of bed, holding his cheek and pointing towards the 'criminal' aka Wonwoo wearing a beanie. "What are you doing now? Why the heck did you kiss me? Damn it now I need to go buy a last minute Christmas present and visit Jisoo hyung for further instructions." He sighed, heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day, much to Wonwoo's surprise. He had expected to probably get attacked by Mingyu but things were different today. Who knows, maybe he was really in the Christmas spirit.

"Wow his room sure looks like a pig sty." Wonwoo said to himself, taking in the different parts of the room. From Mingyu's messy study table to the pile of dirty laundry sitting in the corner of the room and finally the clothes sticking out of the drawers. Even the drawers could not close fully. "You better be thankful, Mingyu cuz' I'll help with your cleaning."

As soon as Mingyu was done with his shower, the clothes were already folded nicely in the closed drawers and Wonwoo had taken the needed-to-be-done laundry downstairs to Mrs Kim who shook her head and apologised for her son's tardiness.

"Ah. Thanks Wonwoo." Mingyu blushed slightly. 'Wait why am I blushing. I swear this is not supposed to be part of being in the Christmas spirit. Seeing all the damn mistletoes everywhere now.' He thought. "I guess I'll do my part and take out the trash."

"No it's fine I'll do it!" The bright Wonwoo exclaimed and lifted the small bin, noticing something bright-coloured. "Oh what's this? It's the book you bought from the store that day we went to the mall! Why throw it away?" He took it out and flipped through it. Mingyu's eyes widened as he tried to snatch the book away desperately.

"No way. I wanna see what's in this book." Wonwoo smiled cheekily and ran out of Mingyu's room, then up the stairs to the attic before locking the door, preventing any disturbance. Mingyu banged on the door loudly, begging for Wonwoo not to read anything.

 

Jeon Wonwoo was in tears, as he read the entries about Mingyu complaining about him. "Wah Mingyu. Didn't know you hated me so much." He said trying to sound teasing when in reality he was hurting but there was no response from the other side of the door. Mingyu had officially given up and was in his room sulking and very much embarrassed. "Well Mingyu..." Wonwoo trailed off as he took out a pen from his jacket pocket and turned to the last page of the book and scribbled something down.

He unlocked the attic door and returned to Mingyu's room but the boy was not there. 'Maybe he's downstairs...' As he walked down the flight of stairs, he heard murmurs coming from the kitchen and tiptoed slowly behind the wall. 'A little eavesdropping won't hurt right?' The voices were clearly made out be the voices of Mr and Mrs Kim, and Mingyu.

"Sorry eomma, appa, but I don't think I want to go for the blind date thing. You know I'm not the same as other guys out there. I'll never get accepted anyway. I'm so different and it's difficult. I said I would try but I've got to learn to accept myself." His voice cracked. Mingyu was beginning to cry and even that confused Wonwoo. The Kim Mingyu was actually crying. "I'm supposed to be liking girls like normal guys out there but why."

Wonwoo covered his mouth in shock as he heard Mingyu's parents comfort him. He felt like his heart had broken into a million pieces hearing his beloved crying but at the same time, he was happy knowing that he had even the slightest chance with Mingyu. Unknowingly, tears had also slowly began to trickle down his cheeks.

 

"Wonwoo?"

"M-Mingyu I-"

"Did you hear everything?"

"Yes but-"

The taller boy's eyes filled with tears once again and he grabbed his coat, leaving the house without another word. Wonwoo felt a hand on his shoulder and he spun around to be met with Mrs Kim who looked at him sadly. It was as if she had a lot to say but she did not know how to.

"I-I love Mingyu, a lot." He managed to choke out in between sobs.

"Then you know what you have to do." Mrs Kim whispered and gave Wonwoo a small push on the back. Soon he too had left the house...

Determind to do something he had been waiting a long time to do.


This Christmas chapter is pretty late but I really wanted to post this on Jisoo and Taehyung's birthday so yay here it is!! Happy birthday to the two lovely boys who both share the same birthday (30th December 1995) but are kinda polar opposites. >__<