Got6.

Blue (2jae)

Chapter 9: Got6.

Youngjae woke up in his old bedroom. He couldn't understand why, nor did he remember how he got there. The last thing he remembered was him and the rest of Got7's members standing on stage in Shanghai, performing. Other than that, he couldn’t remember anything.

He looked around his room. His room was surprisingly really messy, as if someone had been living there for months, maybe years now.

“What the heck?” – Youngjae thought, getting up from his old bed. Strangely enough, even though his room was messy, everything seemed to be in order. Just like it was supposed to be like that.

He found a pair of pants and a T-shirt to wear and got out of his room, only to see his parents in the living room already, watching TV. Although Youngjae was really confused, he was still happy to see the two people he hasn’t seen much in quite a few months.

“Mom?” – Youngjae called out, instantly grabbing his mother’s attention. Truthfully, his mom seemed to be a bit younger, she definitely looked younger.

“Oh, Youngjae, you’re up! Breakfast’s in the kitchen ready.” – his mom said. She even sounded younger. Youngjae was even more confused now. Why was he here? And why were his parents acting as if he never left home? Where were the rest of Got7? Were they with their families also?

Youngjae made his towards the kitchen. Even though he wanted to know what was going on, he wanted to eat even more. He can continue after defeating his hunger, right? There’s nothing wrong with that.

After finishing the really delicious breakfast by the grand chef – mom, Youngjae went back to the living room. He was determined to figure out whatever the was going on.

“Mom, when did I get here?” – Youngjae questioned his mom, sitting down on one of the armchairs.

“I don’t know, at around 10?” – his mom answered, not sure why was her weird son asking a weird question.

“Wait, that’s impossible. We finished the concert at around 9. It’s impossible to arrive here that fast.” – Youngjae replied, trying to wrap his hear around everything.

“What concert? Jae, are you sick?” – his mom asked concerned about the boy’s health.

“You know, Got7’s small concert, we had our fan meeting yesterday in Shanghai. And I don’t think I’m sick. I mean I feel fine.” – Youngjae answered, laughing at his forgetful mother.

“Do you mean Got6?” – Youngjae’s mom frowned, worried if her son was studying too hard and too much.

“No, why would I?” – Youngjae laughed at the ridiculous comment from his mom. Why would he mean Got6. It’s obviously Got7. They have seven members, which was why the name was Got7.

“Jae, are you sure you’re not sick? You seem like it.” – Youngjae’s mom was really worried now.

“Jae, I’ve told you many times not too overwork yourself.” – Youngjae’s dad said, teaming up with his mother.

“Mom, dad, what are you guys talking about?” – Youngjae started to get nervous and anxious. What did his mom mean by Got6?

“Young Jae, we know you’re upset about not getting into the JYP training thing, but it’s been almost 2 years. You should forget about your audition and focus on your studies.” – his dad added.

“But I didn’t fail. I became a trainee and then debuted with 6 other guys as Got7, remember?” – Youngjae stated, frowning at his parents.

“Jae, it’s okay to fail. But you shouldn’t wrap your life around a group and keep living your life imagining to be one of them.” – Youngjae’s mom whispered, patting his back.

“Wait, no. No, that’s impossible.” – Youngjae whispered, getting into his room. He quickly his computer and searched “Got7”. But the only things he saw was news about some group named “Got6”. No matter how much he didn't want to, Youngjae still pressed on one of the pages that explained the whole band. The members were 6 guys named JB, Junior, Bambam, Jackson, Mark and Yugyeom.

"They can have similar names. That's a small detail. I shouldn't pay attention to it." - Youngjae muttered, reading on about the 6 guys that strangely enough had same names as s.

It just happened to be that these strange guys just happened to be Got7's members' identical twins. They also had same birth dates, family background, hobbies and even favorite colors. But even after seeing all of this, Youngjae was still in denial, he was still trying to convince himself that, no, all of this is untrue, all of this was just a huge joke, that he was still a part of the JYP Family, that he still was a member of Got7, that he still was friends with the bboy king - Im Jaebum, the variety king - Jackson Wang, the diva - Bambam, the greatest actor in South Korea - Park Jinyoung, the flying king - Mark and the giant, evil maknae - Kim Yugyeom.

"Choi Young Jae! Be postive! You're great! Got7 is still a thing!" - Youngjae cheerfully said, pumping his chest. But deep down, he already knew that all of this was hopeless and that he probably dreamt all of the Got7 bull, because he was too disappointed about not getting in to JYPE.

An hour later, Youngjae was still on the computer, reading every single article about Got6 that there was ever released. Apparently they debuted about two years ago with 6 members, and have since released a whole bunch of mini albums and one full album. They were currently going everywhere, doing small concerts and fan meetings, promoting their newly released mini album.

"What in the world is happening to me?" - Youngjae groaned, laying down on his bed, losing hope.

"Was it all actually a dream?" - Youngjae wondered, depressing himself even more.

Youngjae suddenly smiled, remembering Yugyeom's insults towards the hyungs, not caring if they're hyungs and he's a maknae. Youngjae remembered Jackson's unnecessary but hilarious comments during variety shows and interviews. Youngjae also remembered Jaebum's bright smile, warm eyes and comforting hugs. Youngjae smiled widely remembering all of his unique in their own awesome ways members and remembering how good it was to spend time with them, even if it was just a dream.

"Yeah, that's right Choi Young Jae, it's okay. It was at least a nice dream!" - Youngjae tried to keep being positive about the whole situation. But he failed, as his bright smile slowly turned into soft sobs. Although there were many amazing memories with Got7 that Youngjae was grateful for, there were horrible moments as well. Moments just like when Youngjae had to starve himself in order to get in shape, or the time where he had train his vocals until he had a hoarse voice from too much training, or the time when he missed his family so much but couldn't meet them no matter what. Youngjae remembered all those terrible, terrifying and just plain awful moments.

But the main reason of his tears was the fact that he was never going to see his precious angel - Jaebum ever again. Never. Last night was the last time he saw Jaebum and felt his touch. He was never going to embrace him ever again, nor was he ever going to hear his weird laugh, or see him eat a whole meal of 5 people with the big mouth of his. Youngjae bitterly laughed at the thought, his cries slowly getting louder and sadder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum woke up in a hotel room. On a bed next to him was sleeping his team member Mark. Jaebum was really surprised by the sight, as his usual roommate - Youngjae wasn't sleeping, while humming a song he was listening to before going to bed. Plus he clearly remembered saying "good night Youngjae" before going to bed last night. What the was happening?

"Mark?" - Jaebum shook Mark awake. Mark lazily opened his eyes and muttered a dissatisfied 'what'.

"Where's Youngjae?" - Jaebum asked, not giving a single about Mark's obvious annoyance.

"Who?" - Mark questioned, growing more and more angry by second. Mark was greedy when it came to sleep, what can you do.

"Youngjae. Choi Youngjae. Got7's main vocal." - Jaebum quickly replied, gorwing impatient.

"You mean Got6? And as far as I know, you, Yugyeom and Jinyoung are the only vocals in our group. Plus I've never heard of that Youngjae person." - Mark answered and quickly went back to sleep.

Jaebum was confused and irritated. What did Mark mean by he'd never heard of Youngjae? Was he kidding? If he was, it was a bad joke. Jaebum decided not to waste his time on sleepy Mark and just straight up go to their manager's room.

Jaebum wasn't satisfied with his manager hyung's answer not one bit. The manager hyung played dumb and pretended not to know anyone named Youngjae, apart from B.A.P's Youngjae. Then his manager proceeded to insist that it indeed was 'Got6' and not 'Got7'.

"How could it be Got7, when we have only 6 members?" - his manager had said, after Jaebum repeatedly mentioned that the band name was and always have been 'Got7'.

"But we do have 7 members, hyung!" - Jaebum whined, trying to get his hyung to finally admit that Got7 was playing a prank on him.

"Jaebum, what are you talking about. Are you sick?" - his manager asked. Jaebum frowned and went back to his room, that he now apparently shared with Mark.

"Mark, are you sure you have no clue who this Choi Young Jae is?" - Jaebum asked for the 395723th time.

"I swear to God, Jaebum, if you ask that one more time." - Mark muttered under his breath, getting dressed and ready the day ahead of them.

"Fine, I won't." - Jaebum said and went to check with the other members, which he honestly should have done moments ago instead of annoying Mark, He first headed to Jinyoung and Jackson's room.

"Hey, guys." - Jaebum casually greeted s.

"Mind if I check inside your bathroom?" - Jaebum asked and opened the bathroom door, only to reveal that no one was in there.

"Hyung, what exactly are you doing?" - Jackson asked, putting on his shoes.

"Have you seen Youngjae?" - Jaebum asked ignoring Jackson's question.

"Who?" - Jinyoung asked.

"Youngjae. Choi Young Jae." - Jaebum pronounced his favorite person's name very clearly, that it was impossible to mishear him.

"from B.A.P?" - Jackson asked, confused because of his weird leader.

"No. From Got7. Youngjae, our main vocalist!" - Jaebum half shouted, mad that no one was fessing up to him about the prank.

"Do you mean Got6?" - Jinyoung suggested, still confused about this stranger named Choi Young Jae.

"No, it's Got7. Why would it be Got6? That's stupid." - Jaebum hissed.

"Why would it be Got7, then, hyung?" - Jinyoung stood his ground.

"Because we have seven members." - Jaebum answered.

"Hyung, are you sick?" - Jackson asked.

"No, I'm fine! Why does everyone keep asking me that?" - Jaebum snapped. Jinyoung and Jackson just stood where they were for a while exchanging glances, trying to figure out what exactly was wrong with their hyung.

"I'm going to Bambam and Yugyeom's room." - Jaebum hissed and exited the room.

"Where's Youngjae?" - Jaebum demanded as soon as he walked into the maknae's room.

"Who?" - Yugyeom asked, flatting out his messy from bed hair.

"Choi Young Jae." - Jaebum repeated the missing member's name for the hundredth time.

"Have never heard that name before, except if you mean B.A.P's Youngjae, then I have, a lot." - Yugyeom stated, continuing to iron his hair.

"Where's Bam?" - Jaebum asked, suddenly realizing that the maknae was alone in his room.

"Shower." - Yugyeom replied, not paying a bit of attention to his worried leader.

Jaebum nodded, finally accepting the fact that the members weren't going to admit anything any time soon, so he just decided not to worry about anything and just chill for a while. Jaebum sat on the comfortable couch in Yugyeom and Bambam's room and took his phone out, deciding to browse the internet to kill some time.

The strange thing was that when Jaebum decided to visit some fan sites of Youngjae to see his pictures from yesterday's fan meeting, there was none. None. All of Youngjae's fan sites were gone. A bit freaked out the random fact, Jaebum decided to check out other pictures, but the only pictures he saw were pictures of all 7 members of Got7, excluding Youngjae. No matter how many times Jaebum checked, Youngjae was nowhere to be found, not at least in fantaken pictures.

"What the ?" - Jaebum muttered and decided to search the net for 'Got7'. But only result for Got6 popped up. No matter where he searched, all he saw was Got6, nothing about Got7, not Youngjae. Not knowing what to do with the given information, Jaebum just decided to get some fresh air and then think the whole thing through, once more. One the way to the front door of the hotel room, Jaebum saw Bambam.

"Bambam, do you know who Choi Young Jae is?" - Jaebum asked desperately for the last time.

"I know a Yoo Young Jae." - Bambam replied, disappointing Jaebum. Jaebum without any other question exited the hotel room and went outside.

"What in the world is happening to me?" - Jaebum muttered, rubbing his eyes and his hands going through his hair.

Jaebum checked his phone one more time, but there was still no signs of Choi Young Jae nor any signs of Got7. Jaebum slowly started to understand the situation. He was definitely going crazy. First Max, now Youngjae. There was no explanation to this other than that Jaebum was finally insane. He may have been working too much and too hard lately.

"Yeah, Jaebum, you should rest for a while. You'll be fine. Everything will be in order. You'll see your sunshine." - Jaebum chimed. He took a deep breath and decided to put up with whatever was going on with ease, trying not to stress himself out any more.

But it was the second half of the day when he really started losing his mind. It was about 5 o'clock when Jaebum again brought up Youngjae, still insisting on him being the seventh member of Got7. But when his two managers, his 5 members and even the JYP himself, Jaebum started to laugh loudly saying weird stuff about all of this being a stupid prank and that all of this should stop right now. But his loud and obnoxious laugh slowly turned into huge and constant tears. Jaebum felt sad and anxious, because if his sunshine never was a part of Got7, then that meant he was never in love with Jaebum, which meant where wouldn't be anyone for Jaebum to hold on to at night to himself sane. It also meant Jaebum was never going to see Youngjae's dazzling smile, along with his sonorous laugh, that made his knees weaker and heart beat faster.

"But Youngjae did exist. Youngjae was actually a member of Got7. He had the most precious voice on Earth and the most heart wrenching set of eyes." - Jaebum mumbled, through his tears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae and Jaebum both woke up next to each other, they were snuggled up and hugging each other tightly. Jaebum was covered in sweat, while there were some tear stains on Youngjae's cheeks. Jaebum gladly smiled at his favorite person and wiped off the tear stains, kissing his cute soft cheeks. Youngjae grinned at the older member, intertwining their hands and scooting closer to him.

"I'm glad it was just a dream." - Jaebum muttered, kissing Youngjae's forehead. 

"Me too."  - Youngjae whispered, connecting his lips with Jaebum's.