Snowflakes and first dates.

Blue (2jae)

Chapter 11: Snowflakes and First Dates.

Got7 members were currently gathered in Jackson and Yugyeom’s hotel room, killing time as a team, while waiting for their flight back home. Everyone expect for Bambam, Jackson and Youngjae were there, collectively sitting on the couch watching a random Thai movie that was being shown on some Thai channel. Jackson and Bambam were out shopping in the very late hours of the day, Youngjae was in his own room, sleeping.

“Hyung, change the channel. Put on something else.” – Yugyeom ordered from his bed.

“Which hyung? We’re all hyungs.” – Jaebum teased the maknae.

“Jaebum hyung, please just change the channel.” – Yugyeom, who was already annoyed about their flight being delayed, said in an even annoyed tone.

“Fine, I’ll change the channel, leader-nim.”  - Jaebum muttered and grabbed the remote. While switching between the hundreds of Thai channels, he finally settled down with a music channel. Jaebum glanced at Yugeyom, who was dully looking at the TV. Jaebum put down the remote, as Yugyeom seemed to be perfectly content with watching the Thai music video that was playing and decided to play with his phone.

While Yugyeom was busy watching the very dramatic Thai music video and Jaebum was playing some car race game on his phone, Jinyoung and Mark kept being all couple-y and weird. They were being weird from Jaebum’s perspective anyway, as he was alone and had no one to be couple-y and weird with. If Youngjae was in the room with him, he probably would’ve been also really touchy with him. But since Youngjae wasn’t here, Jaebum kind of hated the very happy ‘Markjin’ couple.

“Jin, have you ever wondered why fresh snow glistens at night?” – Mark asked his very-boyfriend-like-friend.

“I know, right. They’re kind of like glitter that someone threw on Earth, so won’t be so dull anymore.” – Jinyoung spoke, looking into Mark’s eyes. Mark smiled, looking back at Jinyoung with loving eyes, as if they were exchanging “I love you” with their eyes.

It’s pretty amusing how professional they’ve become at hiding their relationship from the general public. They’re learned to speak with their eyes, understand each other even by each other’s slightest movement.

Watching all of the ‘romantic’ stuff going on from the side, Jaebum was jealous and wanted to throw up. Why do they have to show off their perfect relationship like that?

“Guys, what in the world are you doing? Stop. There’s a kid in the room.” – Jaebum said, making a disgusted face.

“Why, since when is it wrong to hug people?” – Mark said, bringing Jinyoung closer to him and hugging him tighter.

“It’s okay to hug people, but to hug people like you two are doing it is wrong.” – Jaebum made a counter attack, bringing his attention back to his game.

“It’s pretty wrong how Youngjae and you two hug each other two. What are you, a married couple?” – Jinyoung stated, still holding Mark tight.

“Ya, Park Jin Young, keep your mouth shut.” – Jaebum threatened , pointing at him with his phone. Jinyoung just stuck his tongue out, causing Mark and Yugyeom to laugh their asses off.

“It’s true, though hyung. It is pretty weird how close you two are.” – Yugyeom butted in to the conversation, getting distracted from the Thai singing lady on TV.

“Kim Yu Gyeom, are you bored of living?” – Jaebum turned to Yugeyom and went over to his bed, making the youngest of the group to run for his life.

“Hey, guys.” – Bambam just in time entered the room. Yugyeom quickly made a human shield out of Bambam, hiding behind him from the scary leader.

“Yugyeom, if you’re going to hide behind someone, at least keep the stronger one.” – Jaebum mocked the stupid child, who still couldn’t wash him clothes even properly.

“Hyung, that’s mean. I’m pretty strong, for your information.” – Bambam butthurtedly announced, ‘protecting’ his friend from Jaebum’s strong glare that could kill a person.

“Jackson’s toe is stronger than you.” – Jaebum declared, which made Jackson smile and hug him.

“Aww, hyung, thank you. That was so nice!” – Jackson hugged Jaebum.

“What do you want me to do? Want me to take care of those two weirdoes?” – Jackson asked, pointing towards the two maknae’s direction.

Just at that moment, the very glorious Youngjae himself entered the room, making each and every member stop for a second to admire his fabulousness. Or maybe it was just Jaebum who did that. Either way, it was no doubt that Youngjae somehow looked cuter than before. He was glowing. It’s as if being in love makes a person better and brighter. People could probably witness the glow on Jaebum’s face, too.

“Hey.” – Youngjae shouted, looking at the mess that was going on right in front of his eyes. Jaebum quickly threw Jackson to the side, and ran over to him to hug him tightly after not seeing him for about 2 hours.

“I told you! The way you two hug is just a bit different than how others do it.” – Yugyeom stated, standing right next to the two love birds. Jaebum punched Yugeyom’s arm, while still hugging his own live teddy bear.

“What is going on?”- Youngjae asked confused at the chaos.

“Jaebum hyung is trying to kill me. Stop him, hyung.” – Yugyeom whined, tugging on Youngjae’s arm.

“Did you do something stupid?” – Youngjae questioned, not very amused.

“He rather said something stupid.” – Mark yelled from the couch.

“Then you obviously deserved it. Jaebum hyung, carry on.” – Youngjae said patting Jaebum’s back.

After Jaebum was done kicking Yugeyom’s huge , they all went back to being quiet and killing time. But now, Yugeyom and Bambam were laying on Yugyeom’s bed, watching a video, Jackson was sitting on his, texting a friend of his. The ‘Markjin’ couple was still in the same spot, still cuddling like newlyweds. Youngjae and Jaebum were on the other hand, sitting on the floor, Youngjae laying down with his head on Jaebum’s lap. Youngjae shortly after making an appearance, went back to sleep, still on Jaebum’s lap.

Jaebum laughed, looking at the asleep cutie. He found it pretty adorable how much Youngjae slept on daily basis. Youngjae was kind of like Aurora, the Disney princess, who slept for a century.

Jaebum gently brought his hands to Youngjae’s face, removing hair Youngjae’s hair from his face. He softly caressed Youngjae’s cute chubby cheeks, giggling to himself. Jaebum was extremely happy that he could finally do these kinds of stuff without it being weird. He was extremely grateful that his favorite person in the whole World decided to love him back.

“I love you, Choi Young Jae.” – Jaebum quietly whispered, careful not to let others hear him.

 

 

 

 

They were now back in Korea, getting ready for the Christmas special they were going to perform at the Music Bank.

“Hyung, do we really have to do a dance?” – Mark asked their choreographer.

“I think this song doesn’t need a dance.” – Bambam sided with Mark, trying to get some of their worries (dancing) off their chest.

“Then are you going to just stand there while singing? You’re going to look stupid.” – Got7’s choreographer said.

“Also the choreography isn’t even that hard. It’s just a combination of dances you’ve been doing from the start.” – Choreographer hyung said again, shutting up the whiny boys.

But it turned out that their choreographer didn’t lie about the dance being easy this time. It was indeed pretty easy to learn and to adjust to as it combined every dance from Got7’s every title track. The hardest part was just switching up two different dances and learning the order.

After a few hours of practicing, Got7 was finally free to go and rest. But Jaebum had something else on his mind, as he dragged Youngjae along to the completely opposite direction of their dorm.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” – Youngjae asked his very strange boyfriend.

“We haven’t gone on our first date, yet.” – Jaebum stated calmly, still dragging Youngjae to an unknown place.

“So?” – Youngjae looked surprised and a bit worried. If his speculation was right, then it would mean that he’s going on his first official date.

“So, we’re going on a date.” – Jaebum answered, proving Youngjae’s theory. Youngjae started to fully freak out and lose his mind. What the do you do in these date things? What are you supposed to do? What if after this date thing Jaebum finally realizes that Youngjae’s not good enough for him?

Jaebum stopped for a moment, noticing that there was a small problem with Youngjae. Youngjae was now sat on the cold ground, his head in his hands, having a small breakdown.

“What’s wrong?” – Jaebum worriedly asked.

“It’s my first ever date.” – Youngjae answered barely audible. Jaebum almost didn’t understand him, but eventually after putting together a few puzzles, he figured out what Youngjae was freaking out about.

“Youngjae, it’s okay. There’s nothing to worry about. It will fine. I don’t bite.” – Jaebum tried to cheer up the small child by joking with him. But it didn’t seem to work, as Youngjae was still on the ground, about to cry.

“What if the fans catch us together? We’re doomed then.” – Youngjae muttered, still stressing about the whole situation.

“We’ll just politely ask them to keep a secret. Even if they tell people, no one will believe them.” – Jaebum calmly spoke, still trying hard to calm Youngjae down.

“You think so, hyung?” – Youngjae looked up to Jaebum.

“Yeah, I’m hundred percent sure.” – Jaebum said, grabbing Youngjae’s arm to help him get up from the ground.

“Okay.” – Youngjae seemed to calm down.

“But I told it was first date, so don’t hate me if I don’t know certain things.” – Youngjae warned Jaebum, holding his hands tightly.

“Why would I hate you? I said I love you. I will love you as long as you’re allergic to cucumber.” – Jaebum smiled, intertwining their hands.

Luckily, while they were walking through busy streets of Seoul, no one noticed them, as they were still in their practice clothes and had bare make up free faces. Jaebum found some café not very that far from JYP building. Youngjae and Jaebum both quickly went in to the café, trying not to be noticed. 

Noticing that there were no other customers inside the café, Jaebum quickly went over to the cash register guy whispering something to him. The guy nodded a few times and quickly ran over to the door, shutting it tightly and locking it. He then proceeded to put on a sing, saying they were closed, after all of that the guy left Youngjae and Jaebum alone to do whatever.

“Hyung, what did you do?” – Youngjae asked, confused and a bit amused.

“I rented the café for an hour.” – Jaebum said and proudly smiled. But instead of a kiss or hug like he expected, he earned a punch from Youngjae.

“Ow.” – Jaebum winced.

“Why?” – Jaebum pouted, trying to gain sympathy from Youngjae.

“Why do you have to waste your money on such useless stuff?” – Youngjae asked, hitting him again.

“I just wanted us be alone and safe, since you’re worried about people finding out about us so much.” – Jaebum whined, rubbing his poor arm, where Youngjae hit him.

“I appreciate it, but I still don’t think you should waste your money on stuff like this.” – Youngjae said, hugging Jaebum and sitting down on one of the many chair in the café.

“Plus aren’t you the one, who’s always scolding us for wasting money?” – Youngjae continued. Jaebum slowly sat down on the opposite chair from Youngjae.

“Yeah, but to me this is not useless. To me, your comfort is one of the most important things. So technically, I’m wasting my money. I’m spending it on someone I love.” – Jaebum said, cutely grinning. Youngjae rolled his eyes, ridiculed by Jaebum’s sudden sign of love.

“You’re so strange sometimes, hyung.” – Youngjae pronounced under his breath, laughing.

After about 30 minutes into their first date, a thought came up in Jaebum’s head, seeing the fresh snow outside shining.

“Youngjae, have you ever wondered why fresh snow shine at night just like little diamonds on the ground?” – Jaebum asked, trying to be as romantic as possible.

“It probably has something to do with snow’s molecules and everything.” – Youngjae answered not picking up on Jaebum’s attempt at being ‘romantic’ and ‘cool’.

Angry, about not hearing the answered he wanted, Jaebum glared at Youngjae and turned away from him. Youngjae, however, didn’t pick up on that either. He just continued to sip his cup of iced tea. Jaebum not being able to hold his anger any longer punched Youngjae’s arm.

“Hyung, why?”-  Youngjae his eyes. This hyung was truly strange.

“First of all, you agreed to call me Jaebum when we’re alone, remember? Second of all, why are you so dense? I tried to be romantic with you but you wouldn’t pick up my hints.” – Jaebum angrily answered, again turning away from Youngjae.

“Hyung, it’s still weird to call you by just your name.” – Youngjae said, laughing a bit. But after seeing that Jaebum was actually mad at him, he stopped; he tried to think of something to do that would make Jaebum forgive him.

Youngjae got up and squatted down in front of Jaebum. Jaebum closed his, trying not to see Youngjae’s adorable face. Youngjae just decided to swallow his pride, in order to light up Jaebum’s mood.

“Jaebum oppa!” – Youngjae said, raising his pitch, trying to sound like a teenage girl.

“Youngjae loves you. Please don’t be mad.” – Youngjae said, trying his best to be cute.

“Jaebum oppa! Youngjae’s love for you is bigger than the galaxy!” – Youngjae said, making a heart with his hands. Jaebum’s expressionless face slowly disappeared, forming a wide grin instead.

“That’s it, Jaebum oppa. Smile! Youngjae loves your smile.” – Youngjae continued with his girl-like voice. Hearing Youngjae’s ridiculously high pitched voice, Jaebum burst out with laughter.

“Youngjae, you truly are weird. Thank you for letting me witness that.” – Jaebum said while laughing. Youngjae, happy that he made Jaebum laugh, hugged his boyfriend tightly, laughing along with him.

“I love you, Im Jae Bum.” – Youngjae stated proudly, kissing Jaebum’s cheeks.

“I love you, Choi Young Jae.” – Jaebum repeated him, this time only kissing Youngjae’s lips.

“Wait hyung… I mean Jaebum; we both have ‘Jae’ in our names.” – Youngjae said, after they were done kissing and were hugging.

“Oh, that’s right. I just noticed that.” – Jaebum answered.

“Do any of your close friends call you Jae?”

“Only my parents call me Jae.” – Jaebum admitted, not exactly knowing where Youngjae was going with it.

“Well then since none of your friends call you Jae and none of my friends call me Jae, let’s from now on call each other only Jae.” – Youngjae suggested.

“It’s less awkward. Plus isn’t it kind of cute to have special nicknames for each other?” – Youngjae continued. Jaebum couldn’t help but giggle at his pure and innocent boyfriend. Even though, Youngjae’s suggestion was super cheesy and cliché, Jaebum couldn’t but agree. Youngjae was too cute to refuse or reject.

“Sure, let’s do that, Jae.” – Jaebum said, hugging Youngjae even tighter than before.

“I love you, Jae” – Youngjae said again and giggled.

“This is honestly the happiest I’ve ever been.” – Jaebum informed Youngjae.

“All thanks to you.” – Jaebum kissed Youngjae’s forehead.

 

 

I read a text post on Tumblr saying that a japanese fan accidently saw youngjae and jaebum going to a cafe together, and their arms were linked. So this chapter was based on that.