I Like You.

Blue (2jae)

A/N: I apologize for the sudden turn of events in the story. I think I should mention the fact that I was listening to Got7’s ‘I like you’ while I was looking for story ideas.

and i'm a huge writer's block aka im in a slump and is out of any ideas. so i do apologize for the lack of updates.

Also this chapter’s dedicated to our baby Gyeomie’s graduation! I kind of can’t believe that our giant maknae graduated high school and is an actual adult now! Anyway, congratulations to our Kim Browny for successfully finishing school and I love you, our amazing dance machine.

 

Chapter 19: I Like You.

Yugyeom and Youngjae were on the floor of Youngjae’s new found home. Yugyeom was sitting there, about thousand and one things on his mind. Youngjae was next to him, sound asleep with his head on Yugyeom’s shoulder. Yugyeom looked at Youngjae’s sleeping face. So precious and adorable, so innocent and pure. Youngjae was so naïve sometimes, it kind of amazed Yugyeom. He never picked up on anything, which was probably why the rest of the band liked to mess with Youngjae so much. Even sometimes, Youngjae acted and seemed like the maknae, as he was the innocent soul of the group. You wouldn’t be able to tell that Youngjae actually a year older than Yugyeom unless you knew them personally.

“How can a twenty year old man look so innocent and young?” – Yugyeom questioned, observing Youngjae’s sleeping face.

It was certain that Yugyeom was actually quite pleased about Youngjae and Jaebum’s sudden break up. Although it made him feel pretty ty looking at how much the break up had messed Youngjae up, it still felt victorious to hear the words ‘We broke up’ from Youngjae’s own mouth. Yugyeom didn’t like the relationship from the very start, as he somehow just knew it wouldn’t end well and Youngjae would end up getting hurt. So Jaebum breaking it off with Youngjae because of something stupid was definitely a win for Yugyeom.

Yugyeom had always liked Youngjae. Everyone mistook Yugyeom’s feelings and affections for a simple friendship and brotherhood, including Youngjae himself, but what Yugyeom felt for Youngjae was something a bit more than just a normal friendship.

There was always something about Youngjae that strongly attracted Yugyeom. Although Yugyeom had tried many times to stop himself from actually developing feelings for his hyung. But whenever he would even start to think about it, Youngjae would do something stupid and cute that instantly fluttered and captured Yugyeom’s poor heart. Even when Yugyeom tried to find small and stupid flaws that Youngjae had, he still couldn’t stop liking Youngjae. Even his flaws seemed to be charming enough to attract Yugyeom.

Plus Yugyeom loved how Youngjae always has treated him well. He wasn’t like the other members, even the way he picked on Yugyeom was a little different, even his teases contained love and affection. Youngjae never got upset over anything Yugyeom did, nor did he ever raise his voice at Yugyeom. Youngjae didn’t step on Yugyeom’s pride every chance he got, instead Youngjae explained and taught him the things Yugyeom messed up. Overall, Yugyeom and Youngjae had a very innocent and adorable relationship, the charming and cute kind that captivated people’s heart with how sweet it was.

Looking at Youngjae fastened Yugyeom’s heartbeat and made his palms sweat. Youngjae just sat there, sound asleep and completely oblivious of Yugyeom’s feelings towards him. Yugyeom had tried many times to actually confess to the main vocalist and figure stuff out, but whenever he did try, something or rather someone would always stop him. For example, some time ago Yugyeom had noticed that Youngjae had been crying on their flight to home, so he decided to confront him about it and confess to him at the same time. So Yugyeom waited until they were home and in safety to actually go up to Youngjae and ask him if anything was wrong. But just as Yugyeom was about to enter Jaebum and Youngjae’s room, he heard Youngjae’s loud crying and Jaebum’s soothing and soft voice comforting him as Youngjae cried his heart out.

There was also this one time when Yugyeom came into Youngjae’s room to suggest going out to have a nice dinner, but Youngjae was on his bed cuddled up with Jaebum, sleeping with a small smile on his face. After that if kind of became more and more obvious that Jaebum and Youngjae had become something more than they were before and that Youngjae had completely fallen for Jaebum. It could easily be spotted from the way Youngjae’s eyes sparkle when talking about Jaebum or how a really fond smile forms on his face whenever he hears any type of story about Jaebum. Jaebum and Youngjae’s love for each other could be seen from their small and quick glances at each other during music shows, interviews or concert just to check up on each other. It could be seen from their laughter at an inside joke or something only the two of them found funny as they both shared a weird sense of humor.

“I’m glad you broke up with him, hyung.” – Yugyeom admitted to sleeping Youngjae.

“I’m also really glad that I now finally have a chance to reveal my feelings, hyung.” – Yugyeom said again and softly kissed Youngjae’s forehead, something he had been dying to do for months. To say that Yugyeom was nervous while doing so was an understatement.  His heart was about to burst and he himself was about to die as his lips touched Youngjae’s soft skin. Youngjae’s eyebrows twitched, which made Yugyeom anxious, but other than that Youngjae stayed the same position, still asleep and unaware of the millions of emotions Yugyeom was going to through at the moment.

It was about an hour later when Youngjae had finally decided to wake up. Yugyeom was on his phone, enthusiastically playing a random game. Yugyeom was so into his game and in his own small bubble that he didn’t even notice when Youngjae’s head was lifted from his shoulders. Youngjae didn’t say anything and just watched Yugyeom trying his best to win the game. Youngjae adored how lovable and enchanting Yugyeom becomes whenever he gets lost in his own small world, not paying attention to anything around him, surrounded by nothing but his own thoughts. Youngjae also loved how shy and adorable he becomes whenever someone compliments him on anything he does, whether it’s his amazing dancing skills or his wonderful voice.

“Gyeom-ah, I’m hungry.” – Youngjae finally said, his eyes still following the maknae.

“Hyung, you’re awake?” – Yugyeom said, without looking up from his phone.

“Yeah and I’m hungry.” – Youngjae whined, being the baby he was. Yugyeom smiled at Youngjae’s small whine.

“What do you wanna eat?” – Yugyeom asked, finally putting down his phone and looking at his hyung.

“I haven’t been to this one place for such a long time. I don’t think I’ve visited that place ever since we debuted. So I really want to go there and eat ramen.” – Youngjae said, remembering the good old days of when he was a trainee. Those were indeed good days, as Youngjae didn’t have anything to worry about other than “when are we actually going to debut?”. It was such a long and memorable day when JYP himself finally revealed that they were indeed going to debut as a group and no one was getting cut or left out. Everyone cheered loudly as they heard their debut date. Youngjae remembered repeating that single date over and over again still not able to believe that he, Choi Young Jae, a small and an ordinary boy from a small town, was soon going to be standing on a stage with his six other best friends and doing what he loved the most.

“Mom, I’m finally going to debut as an idol. Do you hear me? I’m finally going to become a singer. A real life singer with real songs and concerts and everything. Mom, are you proud? Tell dad I’m finally debuting.” – Youngjae yelled through his phone in excitement.

“You guys can come and watch our debut stage. We’re going to perform on live stage and you guys can come here and watch me! I’m actually going to sing, mom!” – Youngjae proudly stated, still not believing even his own words.

“Ah, so much nostalgia going in here!” – Youngjae said, going to the very familiar doors of a food place that was close to the JYPE building, a place Youngjae spent a lot of time at during his trainee days.

“I remember after we heard that we were going to debut by performing on the MCountdown stage, I for some reason came here to eat. That such a random thing to do.” – Youngjae laughed, causing Yugyeom to laugh as well.

“I also remember that after the announcement, you went over to every member to hug them tightly.” – Youngjae commented, remembering the days when Yugyeom wasn’t the giant maknae, who scares all of his hyungs, but rather the cute kid who was going to debut with them.

“Ah, I remember that! I was just really glad that no one got cut and they decided to leave out team as it was and debut us with seven members. I seriously don’t know what would have happened of someone got left out.” – Yugyeom said, remising the old times.

“Why would anyone be left out, when you prayed every night for us all to debut together.” – Youngjae laughed. It was still fresh on Youngjae’s mind how one day during their trainee days he caught Yugyeom in his room on his knees with his eyes shut tightly and his hands intertwined, mumbling something. As Youngjae got closer, Yugyeom’s voice got clearer and louder. “Please let us all be together and debut together. I don’t want any of my hyungs or myself to get left out.” – Yugyeom prayed, which made Youngjae smile and admire his love for the band and s.

“You were such a nice kid, but now you’re our giant maknae on top.” – Youngjae teased Yugyeom gaining a glare.

“Hey, I’m still a nice kid!” – Yugyeom protested, which made Youngjae laugh out loud. Youngjae hasn’t laughed sincerely from his heart ever since Jaebum’s sudden break up. But now what he was with the innocent maknae, he could laugh on and on without a stop.

“Pick your order, nice kid.” – Youngjae said, still laughing. Yugyeom stared to observe the menu from start to finish, trying to decide what to eat and seemed to be lost in his own magical world again. The way he cringed his nose and pouted while reading all the food names on the paper and the way Yugyeom had occasional and unintentional small talks with himself, repeating a food name over and over under his breath.

“I guess I’ll have whatever you’re having hyung.” – Yugyeom said after a few minutes inner debate with himself on the type of food he wanted to eat.

“Eh, you should’ve picked yourself. Pick whatever you want, kiddo. I’m paying.” – Youngjae stated and smiled.

“Woah! Then I’ll take a look at the menu again?” – Yugyeom smiled brightly and picked up the menu once again.

“Hey, don’t react like that! People will think I’m some kind of a douche who never pays.” – Youngjae acted offended, looking at Yugyeom’s strange reaction to his statement.

“You don’t.” – Yugyeom said loudly, acting all serious.

“Stop lying! I always pay when it comes to you!”

Yugyeom smiled brightly and laughed with the special and high pitched laughter of his. It felt good spending some alone time with his hyung after quite a while. Youngjae was smiling brighter than ever and for a split second Yugyeom considered confessing everything and revealing every single one of his feelings to Youngjae.

“Hyung, I…” – Yugyeom started, but was caught by Youngjae’s phone’s loud ringtone.

“It’s Jaebum hyung.” – Youngjae said, looking at his phone screen and considering whether he should pick up the phone or not.

“What does he want now?” – Yugyeom hissed, annoyed at Jaebum for ruining everything good in life. It wasn’t that Yugyeom hated Jaebum or anything. It wasn’t at all like that. If anything, Jaebum was one of those people Yugyeom was the most thankful to for always being by his side and supporting him in everything. But at the moment, as Jaebum was ringing Youngjae’s phone, Yugyeom was really irritated at him for not giving him even a microsecond to reveal his true feelings to Youngjae.

“Hyung?” – Youngjae finally picked up his phone, that was ringing constantly without a single stop.

“Youngjae, where the are you? I get it, you’re upset with me and how I handled things between us but you can’t just run away leaving without a single word. Everyone’s worried sick about you. Plus we can’t continue our normal schedule or do any music shows. Do you know how much of a loss that is to the company? Stop being childish and stupid and just come back!” – Jaebum’s loud voice rang through the phone, which only upset Youngjae more and made him want to just completely leave everything and to actually run away.

“Stop screaming at me.” – Youngjae calmly said.

“How can I not scream at you when all you doing is causing harm to everyone who loves you! Coco’s whining non-stop here and all of us here can’t even get a tiny bit of sleep because of that. Yugyeom’s been crying to his sleep everyday because he was worried something bad happened to you and yesterday he didn’t even come home. As for Jackson, even though he has a ton of stuff to shoot tomorrow, he’s still awake, waiting for you to come back home.” – Jaebum continued to yell. Youngjae just hung up on him, not being able to take his deafening loud voice. Although he felt bad for all the other members and their career in bloom, Youngjae still couldn’t bring himself to go home and face Jaebum.