Eight

The Knights

Kevin looked at his cousin. Sighing Kevin looked around the room. Sungjae had been discharged from the hospital a few days ago and Sungjae only slept. The police had been able to get his phone information to see what happened and they found a diary. Reading it Kevin cried. Everything that happened Sungjae wrote down. Opening Sungjae's phone Kevin read it again. 

Reading

Today Peniel confessed his love to me! I was so excited that I didn't know what to do. It feels so good to be loved!

Those men came again today. This time they wanted something else other than money. I felt so violated. I still feel violated. They say this is because of Peniel but they are wrong. Peniel would never do that.

The shot wound hurts so much. Kevin has no idea what happened. I lied and said that I was mugged but the truth is that I was kidnapped by Sehun and shot. I have no idea why Sehun hates me so much. I mean we all used to be friends but one day Sehun left.

I don't know what to do any longer. Kevin is getting suspicious. I don't know what to say. Can I say that I got kidnapped by those men and been violated only to have Kyungsoo kill them and we ran out? He would freak!

I can't live any longer. That devil of a girl kissed me in front of Peniel! I'm so angry! I just want everything to end! No one talks to me. Peniel hates me and Kevin won't even talk to me. I can't deal with it any longer. 

I'm going to do it today. Right now actually. I can't live any longer. Living is useless without Peniel. Peniel is a life. Only he hates me now. Everyone hates me. 

Done reading

Kevin cried as he locked to phone back up. Looking at his sleeping cousin before getting up.

Peniel punched the last boy before kicking him in the gut. Jackson looked at the angered Peneil before fly kicking the boy behind him. Shinwoo did the same before knocking out the leader. Collapsing on the ground Peneil cried in anger.
"You know you still love him." Shinwoo said as he walked over to the boy.
"That's why I'm so angry! I hate him so much yet love him! I just want it all to end so he won't die! Can't that happen!" Yelled Peniel as he punched the brick wall.
Sighing Jackson patted his shoulder. 
"You should tell him about you know what Peniel."
Glaring at the boy Peniel stormed out of the alleyway.
"What do you mean by you know what?" Asked Shinwoo.
Staring at Shinwoo Jackson looked confused.
"You didn't know that he has cancer?"

Walking through the streets Peniel felt pain. Clenching his head Peniel stopped in the walkway. Looking around Peniel fell to the sidewalk holding his head. Feeling blood coming from his nose Peniel wiped it and tried to get up only to fall to the ground again.

Every Knight all looked at each other. Only Peniel was absent. Coughing Minho looked at everyone before speaking.
"What should we do about this?" 
"Well we can be careful with Peniel or we treat him the same." Chanyeol said as he looked at everyone.
"We could or we can bring Sungjae into the picture and get them back together." Kris said as he leaned back in his chair. 
Staring at everyone Jackson then stood up.
"I agree! Sungjae still loves Peniel and we all know Peniel loves Sungjae. Let's bring them together!"

Peniel looks all around. People stood over him but one face is the one he looks at. All the noise around fades as he looks at Sungjae's. He watches as Sungjae kneels next to him and shakes him.

Sungjae held his ice cream watching everyone walk around. Off in the corner of his eyes he spots Peniel. Looking at the boy Sungjae notices that he is holding his head painfully. Running over to him Sungjae's heart almost stops as Peniel drops to the ground with blood flowing out of his nose. Kneeling next to him Sungjae shakes the boy calling out his name.

Sungjae stood in front of the doctor his mouth open in shock.
"C-c-cancer?"
"Yes. Mr. Peniel has a rare cancer and there is no way we can treat it. I give him a year to live."

Sungjae cried into his pillow as he remembered the conversation with the Doctor. Peniel was slowly dying and he couldn't do anything about it. Lifting himself from his bed Sungjae grabbed his phone and called Leo.
"What is it Sungjae?"
"Do you know where Peniel is?"
"I don't know. He was with Jackson last."
"Jackson was with Shinwoo last I saw him!" Yelled Mark from Leo's end of the line.
"Why?" Asked Leo.
"I want to talk to him."
"Well we'll help you. Come to school and we will find them."

Three males sat in their high school gym. All had bloody faces. Slowly a ray of light entered the dark gym.
"God there they are." Said the three males that opened the door. 
They turn the lights on before jogging over to the sitting males. One of the standing males opened a first aid kit and started to wipe one of the male's cut lip. The other two did the same. The auburn haired male kneeled before the boy the first male's left and the other on the right.  
"You know you guys should stop fighting." Said the boy with the first aid.
His black hair swung back and forth as he wiped the blood away from the long haired male. He just smiled before caressing the boy's face.
"We can't help it Leo."
Leo sighed before smiling a little as his thumb brushed over the boy's lip.
"Sorry forgot. Knights." Laughed Leo before ruffling the long hair of Dongwoo.
Dongwoo painfully smiled before bringing Leo's face closer before connecting their lips.
Laughing the boy to Leo's left looked at the couple before looking at the boy in front of him.
"Jackson you know that this won't solve anything."
"I know. Its just hard Mark." Mumbled Jackson as he looked at Mark.
Mark sighed before putting the last bandaid over Jackson's lip.
"You really are an idiot."
"But I'm an idiot you love."
"Yes I love you my idiot."
The boy on the right stayed quiet as the other boy burned him with his eyes.
"I know you hate me but I still want to help you."
"You only say that because you pity me."
Sungjae sighed before wrapping the boy's knuckles. 
"Its not just because of that Peniel. I'm doing this because I truly worry about you."
Peniel grunted a little when Sungjae tightened it to much.
"What happened to the Peniel I knew when we were dating?"
"He died when I saw you kissing that girl. What happened to her? Broke your heart like you did to me?" Peniel said with venom.
Sungjae looked at Peniel with serious eyes.
"That girl was named Joy and she did that because she wanted to date me but I refused almost instantly. You left before you say me slap her." Whispered Sungjae.
Peniel looked at him before standing up and storming off to the balcony. Leo looked up and Sungjae told him that they will talk.

Sungjae ran up the stairs before flinging the door open. Walking steadily up to his ex-lover he grabbed his shoulder so he could look at him. Peniel looked at him before trying to sling him off. Sungjae gripped both of Peniel's shoulders before crashing his lips onto the others. Peniel stopped struggling and froze. Releasing his lips Sungjae stared at the boy he loves so much.
"I never stopped loving you Peniel."
"You know what. I hate you because of that. I've tried so much to forget you but the thought of your body is stuck with me. I did I fall for you? Why do we keep falling in love? Each life we have to do the same thing and each time we die! You die every time Sungjae! Every damn time!"
"Peniel! It will be different this time. I know it. I just know it so please Peniel love me. Be my boyfriend...please." Cried Sungjae as he gripped Peniel's shoulders.
"I just wanted for it to stop. I wanted it to be broken but I can't help myself. One of us will always be hurt. Do you know why I broke up with you? I say you slapping her but it just hurt so much. Sungjae I have cancer. I'm going to die. Thats why I broke up with you." Peniel choked as his tears flowed down his face. 
Sungjae cried even more as he hugged Peniel.
"Then let me be there for you."
Sungjae moved his head and pressed his lips against Peniel's tasting the salt of their tears.

"When did you start to remember our past lives?" Asked Sungjae as he looked at Peniel as he his hair.
Looking down at Sungjae Peniel wrapped his arms around Sungjae as he put the covers of the bed around them. 
"When you were taken. Kai came to your door all bloody and it looked so familiar. That's when I remembered."
Smiling Sungjae wrapped his arms around Peniel and felt their skin touch. Smiling even more Sungjae rest his head on Peniel's shoulder. Laughing Peniel kissed the top of Sungjae's head and closed his eyes.

Sehun watched as police barged into the warehouse. Smirking he just stood there. He knew that this would be coming. 
"Oh Sehun you are under arrest for kidnapping and attempted murder of Yook Sungjae. You are allowed to remain silent but whatever you say can and will be used against you in court. Holding his hands out Sehun let the police take him away. Looking at Luhan Sehun nodded as he was dragged out. Luhan rushed toward the door and watched Sehun be dragged away. Nodding Luhan knew exactly what Sehun meant. 

Amber punched the men that surrounded her but they were overwhelming her. Backing into a corner three men grabbed her and started punching her. Pushing her onto the ground one man stepped onto her knee. Crying out in pain Amber took it all.

Kai stared at Kyungsoo. Four months, 26 days and 5 hours of Kyungsoo not remembering anything and he was angry. Hitting the wall Kai looked at the sleeping Kyungsoo. At least Kyungsoo agreed to being his mate. Hitting his head on the wall Kyungsoo woke up. 
"Jongin do you want to go on a walk?" 
Oh and Kyungsoo called him by his real name. Turning toward his mate Kai nodded.

"Why did you bring a book? And why bring me here? An old temple?" Asked Kyungsoo as they climbed the hill.
"This is where we first became mates and this book is a book of our lives."
Sitting on the ground Kyungsoo looked at the place. The temple type building looked old. Looking at his mate Kyungsoo looked at the book.
"The Twin of Sleeping Beauty?"
"Yep. This story is about the twin of Sleeping Beauty and his lover, a werewolf."

Shinwoo looked at the head of the Shadow Knights. Sighing he stood up.
"What do you want Onew?"
"Find her."
"Find who?" Asked Shinwoo as he took a step toward Onew.
"You know. Find Ailee."

Leo looked at his lover then sighed.
"He really wants to find her doesn't he?" 
"Yep." 
Sighing Leo stood from his chair. Straddling Shinwoo Leo kissed him. Smiling Shinwoo wrapped his arms around Leo's waist.
"Funny how they haven't found out who the head is." Shinwoo mumbled.
Laughing as well Leo kissed Shinwoo.
"Who would suspect to head to be a princess? And as fact your princess?" 
"Hmm...are you? Is my princess the head?" Shinwoo said as he looked up.
Pouting Leo looked at Shinwoo.
"Just kidding." Shinwoo said as he kissed the pout away.

 A brown haired boy sat next to the apple tree in the school garden. Looking at the flower in his hand he looks at the petals before throwing it away from him. Letting his head fall onto his hands he cries. Feeling a hand on his shoulder The boy looks at the boy. The new boy to school. No one knows his name but most call his V. V lifts up the flower and gives it to him.
"A flower needs one as well."
The brown haired boy chuckles before taking the flower.
"You know the flower seems better after you giving it to me. My ex-boyfriend gave this to me as a good bye present. It was our anniversary too."
V nods before sitting next to the boy.
"Who was he?"
"My ex? One of the most popular boys at school. He goes by Suga. He dumped me for that cheerleader captions. We were together since the sixth grade. Three years and he just through it away for that...that..."
"Say it."
"That ."
V smiles before wrapping his arm around the other boy.
"Have you heard of the story of Sleeping Beauty?"
"Hasn't everyone?"
"Well yah but this one is different. Sleeping Beauty had a twin. That twin was doomed to die at the hands of a sword. He did but his werewolf servant brought him back to life. Years went by and Sleeping Beauty had a son. This son was as beautiful as she and everyone wanted him. His heart was broken by the baker's son. The baker's son left the prince for the painter's daughter and this prince was heartbroken. However the barn boy, a werewolf, say this and made the prince happy again. They soon became closer than friends and they became lovers. No one argued because of the twin being married to a werewolf as well but then the twin and the werewolf died leaving the kingdom in mourning. The towns people were convinced that the werewolves killed them and started to hunt them. The twin's sons were killed as well as the barn boy and some on the knights. Almost all of the werewolves died except for the daughter of the prince and the barn boy. However they both died of loneliness."
"You seem to think this tale is true." Said Jungkook as he looked deep into V's eyes.
"Thats because it is."
"What do you mean."
"Jungkook."
"What? How do you-"
"I love you my prince." He whispered as he pushed Jungkook down onto the ground and kissed his sweetly.
Jungkook froze before relaxing and wrapping his arms around his neck.

Leo and Shinwoo looked at the sign. Golden Flower International School. Sighing the two walk into the gates and spots a girl. Her long hair framed her face and her long legs made the skirt a little shorter then it's supposed to be. Walking over to her the girl's golden hair flows in the wind.
"Ailee?" Asks Leo as he walks up to her.
Ailee turns around and smiles.
"Seems like he finally found me."

All the Knights stand frozen as they watch V and two twins walk into their meeting room. All three bow toward them. V then grabs a boy from behind the door and all mouths drop even lower. 
"Jungkook?" Asked Gongchan as he stares at his younger brother. 
Bowing toward his brother Jungkook looks a V and he nods.
"Taehyung wants to say something." Jungkook said quietly as he then retreated behind his lover.
"Hello I am V and these two are Kwangmin and Youngmin. All three of us are guardians and are assigned to be apart of the Knights." He said with a wide smile.
Everyone just stood there with wide mouths until Minho stood up. Walking over to the four only Jungkook stiffened. Sniffing the three Minho nodded his head and turned toward the group.
"They don't mean no harm. Plus all three are like me."

Amber sat in the hospital bed. She was board and she had no where to go. Grabbing her phone she looked at the lock screen. It was of her and her lover from two years ago. He had to move to Canada so they weren't able to see each other that much. Putting her phone down Amber slowly looks out of the hospital window. Grabbing her crutches she slowly goes out of her room. Coming up around the corner she notices a male running around. The said male runs past her before stopping.
"Amber?" He speaks with tears in his eyes.
"H-h-henry?" She stutters as she looks at the male.
"Amber!" Cried Henry as he jumps out to hug her.
Smelling the short hair of Amber Henry sighs before holding her tighter.

Looking at Kai Kyungsoo tilted his head.
"Why are you telling me this story Jongin?"
"Because I want you to remember."
"Remember what?"
"When we were lovers."
Jongin looked at the boy to see if he gave any reaction. Slowly the other male smiled. Said male stands up from his sitting position and hugs Jongin. Gripping onto his past lover's shirt Jongin starts to cry.
"Why are you crying?"
"Because I love you Kyungsoo...because I love you."
"I love you too Jongin. So so much..."
Ailee stands off to the side watching the two. Turning she looks at the male behind her. Smiling brightly she takes one last look at her twin then intertwine her hands with the male's. Walking down the hill Ailee looks at the temple with vines obscuring it and sighs.
"What is it Ailee?"
"Nothing Onew...nothing."

"Mr. Oh...the charges have been dropped. Mr. Yook convinced the prosecutors to drop the case."
Looking up from his hands Sehun looked at them.
"W-what?" 
"Sehun...you are free."
Falling to the ground Sehun stared at the grey concrete floors. Feeling tears in his eyes he smiled.
"Luhan."

Minho looks at his younger brother before sighing. Looking out at the stoplight he eye catches a beautiful figure. Then it clicks. Stepping forward his brother looks at him surprisedly.
"Minho?" Asks his brother but Minho keeps going.
The angle figure turns and he sees that face. The figure's eyes meet his and the figure gasps. Running toward him Minho now stands in front of the figure. The clear eyes look back at him and his smile brightens the day.
"Minho hyung."
"Taemin. Taemin."
Minho grabs Taemin into a bone crushing hug and kisses his head.
The brother looks at his brother before shyly taking the taller male's hand standing next to him.
"I told you I would find you Luhan." Said the taller male before kissing his hand.
"I know what you said Sehun but it did take a damn long time."

Sungjae stared at Peniel as he closed his eyes.
"It's going to be fine Peniel. You're going to live."
Sungjae gripped Peniel's hand with his rubber gloved hand. Peniel looked tiredly at Sungjae.
"I don't want to die. Sungjae..." 
Smiling Sungjae let some tears slip before watching the nurses roll him away.