Regret

Baby...I Love You (I Do)

Mark was looking at the sky, he have to lunch alone since Jackson had an online date with someone he know few months back.

“Jinyoung-ah, where are you?” Mark sighed knowing how ridiculous that he hope Jinyoung will answered him.

 

Two years ago

Jackson was running while holding a book in his hand. A cute little boy chase after him and Mark cannot let Jackson bullied the boy.

“Jackson give it back to him.” Mark hold Jackson back collar and Mark took the book and gave to the cute boy.

“Mark hyung…” Jackson pushed Mark hand away.

“What?” Mark raised his eyes brow. Jackson and him is childhood friend so when Jackson enter his university, Mark turn to be his senior and ‘parent’.

“That book belong to me but this Park Jinyoung want to copy my work!” Jackson saw Jinyoung runaway with his book.

“Really? But why it look like you are the one who bullied him?” Mark took a step backward knew the evil inside Jackson.

“Don’t try to run!” Jackson chased Mark and Jackson lost Mark when the older enter the dance room.

 

Mark saw Jinyoung walking with Jackson to his basketball court.

“Mark hyung, I forced him to see me plays today. Is it okay?” Jackson sat beside him.

“Oh…of course.” Mark shuttering since the boy smile at him *cute*.

Jinyoung was helping Jackson who is fighting with Mark that he just want to change here in public.

“Yah…” Jinyoung covered his face when Jackson tried to make fun to show his baby.

Jackson laughed hard but Mark was staring at Jinyoung pink cheeks.

“Beautiful.” Without realised that words coming out from Mark mouth.

“Who?” Jackson quickly looked around but Mark and Jinyoung staring into each other.

“Oh… Jinyoung, forget to introduce my best friend, Mark Tuan. Mark hyung this is Jinyoung.” Jackson snapped the two.

“Hi…” Jinyoung bowed and Mark offered his hand, slowly Jinyoung accept it.

“Mark & Jackson game!” Jinwoon called and both of them nodded.

“Cheer for us.” Mark said after Jackson left. He actually wanted to say, cheer for me.

 “No worries, good luck!” Jinyoung shows his signature winked.

 

After that, Mark start to mingle with Jinyoung and they sometime out together alone without Jackson. Mark become frequent at library since it jinyoung’s favorite place and it a place he can comfort his crazy heart from missing Jinyoung.

“Mark hyung…” Jinyoung sat in front of Mark and his hand full with book.

“Jinyoung, stopped carried so many book at one time.” Mark nagged.

“I don’t want to keep stand up.” Jinyoung shoved the book to the front and it blocked Mark to see his beloved Jinyoung.

Mark pushed the book to the side.

“Okay, thanks for remind me that it annoyed you that the book blocked you from looking at those beautiful people.” Jinyoung pouted.

“Yes, indeed.” Mark laughed, it you that I only see.

Mark and Jinyoung start to yawn after read few books.

“Should we left?” Mark asked Jinyoung and the younger nodded.

Mark walked Jinyoung to his hostel.

“Goodbye, Jinyoung.” Mark said goodbye but his leg yet to leave.

Jinyoung giggled.

“Should I invite you for some tea? My room small and we shared.” Jinyoung said and Mark shyly said no.

“Jinyoung, can you come with me as my partner to my dance club party?” Mark let it out with one breathed.

“Sure.” Jinyoung seem excited to party with him.

“Tomorrow nite, I will pick you.” Mark left with blooming heart.

 

The night of the party, Mark wait for Jinyoung outside the hostel gate. He surprised that Jinyoung look so good with the simple white suit.

“Should we?” Jinyoung asked and Mark offered his hand like a prince to his princess.

That night is the start of Mark hell. Jaebum and Jinyoung was starting to get close to each other during he left to washroom. Jaebum known as the popular dancer among their university alongside with him.

“Oh, Mark.” Jaebum smile.

“You never told me that you had this cute friend.” Jaebum brushed Jinyoung hair.

“He is Jackson friend at first but now we are kind of get to know each other.” Mark said.

“Jinyoung can I dance with you.” Jaebum ignored Mark answered once the music change to dance time.

“Oh..yes..” Jinyoung blushed and Mark knew Jaebum was stealing the boy heart.

 

Now, Mark regret that he brought Jinyoung to the party. He regret for not confess that night Jinyoung agreed to become his partner. He waste his time and Jinyoung was hurting in the end.

 

Jinyoung changed his uniform and said his goodbye to the two younger boys.

“Hyung, have a good holiday tomorrow.” Jinyoung laughed and he left the store.

Jinyoung had buy what he need earlier so now he just need to come home. Along the way, Jinyoung heart racing thought what his fate is for today. Jinyoung enter the house to see his mother faint in the living room.

“Omma…” Jinyoung carried his mother to the bed. He quickly want to call hospital but suddenly his mother hold his hand.

“I’m okay. We did not have money for hospital bill.” Jinyoung shook his head.

“I got my pay today…” Jinyoung said and his mother smile.

“I’m sorry to be angry at you son. You can love him.” His mother wiped Jinyoung tears.

Jinyoung put the wet towel on his mother forehead before cook for her. The door opened and he saw his drunk stepfather come inside the house.

“Aigoo, my sweet son…” Jinyoung pushed wooyoung hand away from him.

“Wowowo… oh you are not my son.” The man smirked.

Jinyoung continue cook and Wooyoung turn on the TV to the loudest.

“Uncle, people going to complaint.” Jinyoung took the remote and slowed it down.

“Hey…lovely boy… do you want to have another stranger to come today?” Jinyoung ignore him and he took an envelope from his bag and gave it to Wooyoung.

“This is why you are my son. You did well.” Wooyoung left the house and Jinyoung sighed.

He will give half of his money to Wooyoung every time he get his pay.

“Omma, let eat.” Jinyoung brought the food to his mother.

Jinyoung feed his mother and they were sharing stories about many things.

“You had your father smile. I hope you can find someone like him too.” His mother said while caress Jinyoung cheeks.

No matter how much life is hard, once his mother touch him it left nothing but warm his heart. Jinyoung sleep that night with smile.

 

The next morning, he woke up when he heard people bang into his house door. Jinyoung opened the door and a group of black suit man coming inside.

“Where is your father?” The leader asked Jinyoung.

“I don’t know he left last night and yet to come back.” Jinyoung said the truth but they laughed.

“We give you chance to tell us the truth.” The man start looking around their house and they dragged Jinyoung’s sick mother to the living room.

“Tell us where is your husband or both of you will die.” The man said but they again said they don’t know.

Jinyoung ended up beaten up by the group.

“Should I hit her?” the man said but Jinyoung too weak to said anything. He saw his mother muttered run.

Jinyoung shook his head and crawling toward his mother.

“A bat hit his back and Jinyoung kept on moving.” Jinyoung hugged his mother and the group beat him again.

Jinyoung lost conscious after a few beaten. When Jinyoung woke up, he left alone and a letter wrote, that he need to pay them 20 million before 2PM or his mother will be dead. Jinyoung tried to stand up but his head hurt a lot. He determine to get help from Jaebum, just this one time. He only can think about Jaebum for now. Jinyoung walked to the main road, his head hurt a lot. He only had 3 more hours and he will lost his most precious person if he late. People looked at him with wide eyes, blood running from his injury. Jinyoung suddenly heard a hon and he felt the car break just on time but his body fall down.

 

Last night, Mark was accompanying Jackson to Busan, since the boy meet up with his online boyfriend. Mark was planning to back to Seoul but he shocked that someone suddenly appear in front of his car and he was lucky that he reflect urgently. Mark was about to get angry but when he saw that boy he quickly hold him.

“Jinyoung-ah, what happen to you?” Mark tried to guess what the boy said but slowly Jinyoung eyes closed.

“Jinyoung-ah, Jinyoung-ah…. Please wake up!” Mark shouted and he wiped his tears before carried Jinyoung to hospital.

Mark drive as fast as he can and Jinyoung blood scared him.

‘No, you cannot die. I love you.’ Mark heart shouted.