Broken Glass

Baby...I Love You (I Do)

Jinyoung was serving the food on the table and Mark was talking about business with his father. His mother rest in the room after the treatment from the hospital. Jinyoung followed his mother diet recommended by their personal doctor. He bring his mother food to the room, Mark just watched Junior from his corner eyes. Jinyoung entered his mother room and woke her up. He put the porridge and some fruit salad on the bed.

“Mummy, let’s eat and after this you need to eat medicine.” Jinyoung smile made Suzy heart blooming.

“Thanks dear. Are you eating already?” Suzy asked and Jinyoung winked.

“My Mummy is my priority.” Jinyoung giggled and a cough from the back shocked the two.

“Yes, I’m always second. After this might be fall into third.” Jinyoung blushed and his father come inside. Mark was standing at the door eyes adoring Jinyoung.

“Come inside Mark. Sorry, Aunty cannot welcome you with big hug now.” Suzy open her arms and Mark greet by kissing her cheek.

“I hope you can recover well.” Suzy smile.

Jinyoung was ushering the two man outside while he having his own time with his mummy.

“Did you love him?” Suzy asked and Jinyoung was trying to avoid it by answered with silent.

“Jinyoung…” Everytime Suzy called Jinyoung real name it means she want Jinyoung to think about his true self not Junior.

“I did but I’m scared.” Jinyoung put aside the spoon and looked at Suzy.

“Jinyoung, don’t do anything that hurt both of you. You deserve to be love.” Suzy sure that Jinyoung was definitely in love with Mark.

‘Mummy, his father is the one who want to kill me.’ Jinyoung want to spill it but no, not when thing already complicated.

 

After gave his mother medicine, Jinyoung head to kitchen and saw the two still talk about property and stock market.

“Sorry, can we eat now?” Jinyoung interrupted.

“My stomach had called for it. Come on, son.” Junho hugged Mark shoulder and Mark hold Jinyoung’s hand.

“So, both of you had decide any arrangement for engagement?” His father asked and Jinyoung almost chocked.

“Papa…” Jinyoung whining.

“I talked to my father and he want to meet Junior soon but I know we still in early stage.” Mark said the truth but it also meant that he serious about meeting his family.

“You the only son?” Mark nodded and Junho smile.

“Your father not someone who will hurt my Junior baby, right?” At that time, Jinyoung was looking at his father.

“Actually, we are not close. He kind of having this arrange marriage mind.” Mark told them the truth.

“Mark, I want happiness for Junior. He will leave alone after we left and I want someone that can protect him.” Junho sincerely hope Mark can protect Jinyoung.

“What do you meant by leaving him alone?” Mark looked at Jinyoung who is now looking down and Junho frowned wonder why his son kept it from him.

“We will go to Maldives end of this month. We will stay there and Junior will handle everything alone.” Junho telling Mark the truth.

Mark nodded and he won’t asked now.

 

Later, when they are alone and he want to know everything. When they finished the dinner, his father called Mark since he said Suzy want to talk to him.

“Mark…” Suzy held Mark hand and Junho sat on the couch inside the room.

“Do you really love my son?” Suzy asked and Mark nodded with smile.

“He was the best in my eyes, his flaw is my happiness. I love him no matter what happen in future.” Mark said with confident.

“Don’t leave him. He won’t tell you if he was hurting, he won’t tell you if something happen to him, he won’t tell you about anything that will hurt you. Therefore, find everything yourself and when you find out, promise me you will stay with him.” Suzy words made Mark wondered what else secret that Junior carried with him.

“I will.” Mark won’t leave even if Jinyoung pushed him away.

 

Mark left the room and he saw Junior was resting on the couch. He come slowly and Jinyoung quickly sat up.

“Sorry, I’m resting since you seem longer inside there.” Jinyoung saw Mark was staring at him.

“Mark…” Jinyoung called.

“Sorry, did you say something?” Mark snapped and he unintentionally thinking if Junior is Jinyoung.

“Nothing, it late. Wanna stay here?” Jinyoung playfully asked.

“Said someone who is not ready to meet my father.” Mark saw slight changes in Jinyoung face like this morning when he said about his father.

“Yes, that’s me.” Jinyoung send Mark to his door.

“Let me hugged you.” Mark dragged Jinyoung to his arms. Jinyoung wrapped his arms around Mark and rested his head on Mark shoulder.

“I won’t asked why you are not telling me about your parent will leave but I hope no more secret between us.” Mark pulled away and he saw Junior looked at him without any respond.

“Junior…” Mark called and the younger sighed.

“Okay.” Jinyoung reply before Mark left him after a kiss.

 

That night, Jinyoung cannot sleep. His heartbeat so fast as if the past will come to him again. He was scared so he grabbed his car key and left the house for a walked. Jinyoung walked along the frozen tree around the park.

“I’m still Park Jinyoung.” Jinyoung look at the sky and let a deep sighed.

He remember how Jaebum react to him this morning, he was looking at him with that guilty eyes. Jinyoung was leaving with his fake name and no one ever pity him since then. Looking at Mark and Jaebum who is leaving behind made him thinking who he is in their memories. Jackson might react the same too. A pitiful friend, Park Jinyoung.

 

“What are you doing here?” A voice shocked Jinyoung.

“Jaebum?” Jinyoung shocked and he almost jump up from the bench.

“Park Jinyoung you can lie to Mark but not me.” Jaebum sat beside him.

“I’m sorry.” Jinyoung acted.

“Don’t I’m sorry to me. Why you fake about your death? You made me live with guilty!” Jaebum was holding Jinyoung hand.

“I’m going home. Let my hand go.” Jinyoung pulled his hand but Jaebum gripped and dragged him somewhere.

“I won’t let you leave before you tell me what happen.” Jaebum was stalking them since this morning and he was shocked to find out that Junior adopted by his current parent. By that time, he knew that his guess was right but why.

“Stop it Jaebum, you cannot control me. Not anymore!” Jinyoung pushed Jaebum aside.

“I’m thankful that you was eat with that guilty after what you had done to Jinyoung. I’m not Park Jinyoung the pitiful boy who love you with all his heart and forgive you for all your mistakes. I’m Junior, I’m Junior.” Jinyoung cried and Jaebum tried to hug him.

“No, don’t touch me. Please, Youngjae is the one for you. Leave me!” Jinyoung run and he left the park.

 

Mark was resting on his bed. So many thing happen today, he won’t be able to sleep when Jinyoung’s parent said something like that to him. He called Yugyeom who is now working as detective in Busan.

“Yugyeom-ah, can you check for me about the detail of fire happened at Jinyoung’s house 5 years ago? Did anyone report anything?” Mark was thinking if he start there maybe, something would stop his curiosity.

Mark then remember the two who is hanging with Jinyoung at the office. He saw them before but where did he saw them? Mark tried to recall and he remember that the two man was the one who come to his house, the night he went to Jackson’s house. He was leaving when he met the two bowed to his father in the room.

“Why my father?” Mark tried to solve the puzzle.

“No, it cannot be right.” Mark tried to deny what he was thinking.

Mark took his phone and called his old bodyguard.

“Hyung, did Papa order people to find a person that I gave 20 millions?” Mark was biting his lips, worried.

“Thanks hyung.” Mark threw his phone and carefully matched up the event.

A text from Yugyeom shocked Mark, when some of the detail not clear. They not even doing DNA test on Jinyoung corpse and right until now no one know where Jinyoung stepfather live is. The only one can answer him is his father.

“No, the truth not always the best.” Mark don’t want to know since he don’t want to believe that he hurt Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung was sending his parent to the airport with Mark. He can feel that Mark change for the past weeks but he don’t want to question him. Secretly, Jaebum will try to contact him but Jinyoung will send him away. It dangerous if Mark knew what Jaebum is thinking about right now.

“You seem distance this few weeks.” Jinyoung ended up asking since Mark not hanging to him like always.

“I’m busy scheduling my new task.” Mark said and he was avoiding meeting Jinyoung eyes.

“We met only twice these two weeks.” Jinyoung was never reveal his real feeling toward Mark but when Mark start to distance he know he care about him.

“I’m just giving you some alone time with your parent.” Mark still not looked at Jinyoung and that made the younger confirm that his lover had something that he was hiding.

Mark sent Junior home and left the boy without even go out from his car.

‘This is the best, just leave me.’ Jinyoung tears fall and he enter his house.

 

Mark was hoping what he know a day after he start looked back at Jinyoung mystery will not ended up like this. His hired personal detective confirm that Jinyoung and Junior is the same person. The one who died in the fire is his stepfather. That is not why he start to distance with Junior but the fact that his father ordered Minhyuk and Sungjae to kill Jinyoung made him distance. He was the one who is hurting Jinyoung, it not Jaebum. If Minhyuk and Sungjae really killed Jinyoung during that time how can the truth will reveal.

‘I’m sorry Jinyoung, I cannot stay with you. Everytime I see you now, it kill me since I had a dad who is a killer.’ Mark packed his luggage and sent a message to Jinyoung.

To: Junior <3

I’m sorry that I fall in love with you again. Jinyoung-ah, I’m a coward but it kill me to see you. I won’t able to protect you that time but this time let me protect you. Don’t worry, I will never reveal it to anyone. I love you…

 

Jinyoung was wrapping himself with the blanket.

“It too lonely.” Jinyoung tearing up. The message from Mark answered his worried.