Chapter 8

Butterfly

hi! i changed my username from ryrin21 to wheesus ^^

 


 

 

This is what I've seen right before I passed out! THIS is why I passed out! Wheein turned around super fast, almost losing her balance. "Yong Sun unnie!!" She screamed, rushing to the door, her white wings closing behind her, her eyes searching all over the dark hallway. She caught a glimpse of the brunette running down the stairs and right out of the abandoned house. 

 

"Oh my god!" Wheein took right after her, her wings flailing swiftly, increasing her speed. She saw the brunette an instant after, crossing the deserted road to reach the bus station. Wheein's thoughts were clouded, a real mess. It was pretty late, past two in the morning, and that side of the city, in addition to being so deserted, was dangerous. Every tiny bit of her was in extreme worry about the older girl. Instead of stressing about what Yong Sun is thinking of her, she was concerned of the older's safety.

She landed in the middle of the road, right before the older girl. 

 

"Stay away from me!" Solar screamed on top of her lungs, panting from all the running and the emotions washing over her, taking a few steps backwards. The fading light coming from the lamppost revealed the tears forming in her eyes, and her pale complex. 

 

Wheein froze in her place, trying to figure out what's going through the other's mind, filtering the billion thoughts crossing her brain, and there it was, presenting itself, as bright as a red light shining in the middle of the night, as painful as the shatters of Wheein's world tumbling and crashing her existence. 

"I never..I never..thought our Wheein is..a..monster.." Yong Sun didn't say it, but Wheein heard it. 

But I'm not a monster! I'm an angel! I'm an angel! I'm not a monster! I've never hurt anyone! I have always been putting people's happiness before mine! Am I really a monster?

 

Wheein looked in pain, tears running down her face, a white halo surrounding her petite body, intensifying around her wings. She looked up at Yong Sun who was still staring at her, a mix of fear and coldness shown on her face, and the blond felt her heart break in her chest. 

Where did all the love she held for me go? She doesn't know. 

She heard a thud, and got snapped out of her thoughts to find the older girl lying on the ground, almost lifeless. 

She hurried towards her, embracing her body, before taking off. She fetched her phone, and dialed Hyejin's number.

 

"Hyejin! ! ! Yong Sun unnie followed me, she saw everything! Hyejin! She thinks I'm a monster!"
"Where are you now, Wheenie?" Hyejin's voice was full of worry and concern. 
"She fainted. I'm bringing her home. Please be downstairs to take her." She said, before hanging up, thanking the gods that it was too late for anyone to see her.

 

Hyejin was in her pajamas, waiting for her in the parking. Her hair was tied up in a tiny ponytail, and her face still bloated. When she caught sight of her best friend, she ran to her, taking the older in her arms. 
"Are you ok?" She asked, even though she knew that Wheein is everything but okay.

"I have to disappear for a while."
"WHAT!"
"Hyejinnie..She saw my wings. She thinks I'm a monster!" Wheein whispered, tears threatning to fall.
Hyejin was shaking her head in disbelief, holding back her tears, she needs to stay strong. "But you are not a monster, Wheenie! You are an angel..You are my angel.."

Wheein nodded. "I will call you, okay? I will talk to the CEO. I will avoid her as much as possible. Do not reveal anything, please."
She turned around, walking away. Hyejin didn't move, watching her best friend's back fade in the darkness of the night. 
"Hyejinnie!"
"Yes?"
"Take care of her, take care of yourself, I love you." 

 

 

Those were the last words Hyejin heard from Wheein, before she disappeared, four days ago. The CEO told them that Wheein is recording everything separately, that she needs a little break. 

Moonbyul was losing her mind; Wheein disappeared without any notice, Solar doesn't look like she cares at all, Hyejin didn't say anything. She kneeled next to Hyejin's bed one night, voice cracking, as she begged for any information about the younger girl.

"Are you sure she's okay?"
Hyejin nodded.
"I want to see her."
Hyejin shook her head.
"Hyejin, please! Tell her I want to see her."
"Unnie, we are not talking."
"No way."
"Unnie, please! She'll be back soon."

Byul sighed as she got off the floor, walking out of the room, leaving Hyejin, who was playing some video game, alone. The maknae looked over at Wheein's side, head low, with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes. "Don't do anything stupid again, Wheeinie."

 

 

 

It was the 17th, late at night. Wheein was walking into the RBW building when she heard Kim Doo Hoon's voice call her. "Sunbaenim! You're still here!" She bowed, he ruffled her hair, smiling. 

 

"Come with me. We need to talk about the music video shooting." Wheein nodded before trailing behind the CEO. 
He opened the door to his office, revealing other three human beings sitting on the black couch he had. She stopped following him, avoiding a pair of eyes that peered through her. 

"WHEEINIE!" Byul's voice was loud, excited, as she jumped on the girl, taking her in her arms, hugging her tightly. "IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!!!! I MISSED YOU!" She said, wrapping her arms tightly around the younger. Wheein hugged her back, a weak smile on her face. She has missed her unnie's affection, and she has been in persistent need for her hugs.  

"You will not leave again, will you?" Moonbyul asked, as she pulled away, looking at the blond still standing in her embrace. "I miss you too" Wheein managed to say and Byul pulled her for another tight hug. 

When the rapper let go of her, Hyejin was standing there, smiling with teary eyes, her arms wide open waiting for her own hugs. Wheein didn't waste a second before letting her best friend fully embrace her, hugging her so tight. She missed how Hyejin smelled, and how her hugs felt. 

"Hi." Was what Yong Sun said.
"Hi." Wheein replied. Did these two have a fight? Her CEO was thinking, and she didn't bother to explain. What would she explain, anyway. Only Hyejin knew. 

What the is going on? Byul thought, frowning. 

 

"Unnie! I MISSED YOU!!" Wheein jumped on Moonbyul, stopping her from analyzing the situation any further.

"Girls!" The CEO clapped his hands, "to work!" They all nodded, a more serious look on their faces. 

Wheein barely paid attention to what the CEO was saying, as she was not expecting to meet their leader yet, and not ready for it. She would look over at her, every now and then, and she caught the older girl stealing glances.

Does she hate me? Does she still think that I am a monster?

 

The meeting was over, and Doo Hoon ordered them to go home and rest. Walking to the van, Wheein excused herself, saying that she needs to train a bit. Hyejin was already in the van, Yong Sun was standing a bit far from them, and Moonbyul was hugging her, holding her back from leaving, whining and begging her to just go home with them. She whined about how empty it felt with the cutest and most cheerful of them away.

They were too into arguing about it when Yong Sun mentioned that she needs some air, and will walk home. 

 

When Wheein finally agreed to leave with them and they got into the van, the three girls noticed that their leader is missing. "Wait, where's Yong Sun unnie?" Hyejin asked. Wheein jumped out of the van. "I'll go find her!" 

She nodded to Hyejin before leaving the basement. Byul wanted to follow, but the red head stopped her, telling her that Wheein will do just fine. "Plus, we don't need all of you getting lost, do we?" She smirked, knowing how clumsy the rapper could be. 

Moonbyul stayed, not convinced, and Hyejin just told their manager to take them home. Wheein was running down the street, when she saw the leader's silhouette, few meters away from her. 

The older girl was humming a familiar song, lost in thoughts, barely paying attention to the road, when she tripped over a rock. She would've fell, but Wheein caught her just in time. 

Their eyes met for a few seconds. It's now or never. Wheein thought. I either save us, and this group, or it will be over for good. It's past midnight, right? It's no longer the 17th.

She held her hand up, pressing her warm palm gently against the older's cold cheeks. She closed her eyes, gathering what's left from her strength and energy, her white halo appearing again, her wings looked like a haze of some beautiful butterfly wings, and Solar didn't have the energy, nor the will to make the younger girl let go of her. 

 

It was a mere moment, but Wheein was able to share her memories with her love. Flashes from her childhood crossed her mind, translating to the older's mind. 
When she broke the contact, Yong Sun was looking up at her, eyes wide open, heart beating fast. "I'm sorry." She managed to say. Wheein was able to read her mind. She was relieved that her lover no longer sees her as a monster, that she now knows Wheein's truth, an angel. 

 

Before she could say anything, Yong Sun lost consciousness again, giving fully into Wheein's grip. The younger girl held her up, bridal way, her legs tired from what she has gone through, but not ready to let her down yet.

 

With steps barely steady, Wheein walked home, holding her love so close to her heart. Tomorrow will be a new day, a new start. I can not but hope for the best. 

She was humming a song, to accompany her through the darkness of the night, along with the older's soft snores. Wheein couldn't help but stare at her face and smile. I can't help but be in love with you. 

 



wow! wheesus in the house lmao WHEEIN IS 2NE1 NOW! she's all grown and all.. oh my god..
anyways, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS MESS? I really look forward to reading your comments, feedback, criticism, and opinions. The next chapter will be lit, I mean more lit than this one.. look forward to it!!

tiny spoiler: 

I'll reveal wheein's background story.

I love you all <3