Chapter 7

Butterfly

Yong Sun woke up first. She poked Wheein's sides, calling her cute names, ruffling her hair. "Unnie! We barely slept for, what, two hours? Let me sleep more." 

"Jung Wheein! It's past eight, we are already late for practice!" Wheein swiftly sat up on her bed, looking at the door, then at Yong Sun. "Oh my god, Byul Yi unnie will scold us!" 
 

Moonbyul was the person to keep things straight, because Yong Sun, despite being the oldest, and the leader, couldn't resist the younger line's cuteness, and couldn't be mad at them. Moreover, Yong Sun herself needed someone to keep an eye on her. 

 

While Wheein took her time to get ready, Yong Sun insisted they shouldn't leave without breakfast, and so she got in the kitchen to prepare something to eat. A small smile, full of gratitude, decorated the leader's face. She was lost in thoughts, happy thoughts. She believed that she finally got rid of huge burdens. Her feelings towards the younger girl, those feelings that started since their training days and developed more since Yong Sun found out that her mysterious crush is none other than Wheein, are now known to the most important person, and haven't been rejected, yet.

 

She had high hopes that the reveal of her feelings will lift off a huge part of the mystery around Wheein's "late night trips to her uncle's house". Her invitation to Wheein was nothing about revealing her love, instead she hoped that maybe Wheein will be the one saying things. She thought that maybe the couple of glasses she drank before driving home, along with the little blurry accident that happened while cooking dinner, were behind the reason why she blurted out such information. 

 

Her mind wandered around the blurry accident, but before remembering any details, Wheein's chirping: "It smells gooooood!" snatched her thoughts.
She smiled fondly at the blond who had her hair in a messy ponytail, locks falling down her face, probably tickling her dimple. Wheein's behavior seemed the same, just a bit more comfortable than the night before, and Yong Sun mentally thanked the lords for not letting things get awkward between them. This must be a good sign.

 

Wheein snapped her finger right before the older's face. "Unnie! Get back to earth and eat your pancakes. We gotta leave in a few minutes." 
"Oh! And you better drink your entire cup of juice." She added. 
Yong Sun rolled her eyes. This kid.


However, she secretly loved it. She found it cute. No, not cute. Adorable. No! Adorable is not enough to describe Wheein.

A creepy smile appeared on her face. The younger eyed her, shaking her head slightly. This is unhealthy. She's so precious, and it makes me want to kiss her again, but how can I explain kissing my leader in the middle of having breakfast? "Uh! Unnie, I accidentally read your thoughts! But don't freak out! I'm not always able to read them?"

 

She chuckled, loudly, and Yong Sun looked up, confused. "What's funny?"
"Nothing!" The vocalist said, cheeks pink, fingers fidgeting around with the fork. She stuffed a piece of pancake in , causing herself to choke. Yong Sun hurriedly handed the younger her cup of juice, and stood up, rubbing her back, as Wheein drank the stuck piece down. 

 

-

As expected, Moonbyul scolded them, even when Wheein pulled out the golden card: her puppy eyes and a sorry using Doraemon's voice. Hyejin was looking at the scene, her reflection smiling in the mirror. She gave the late comers teasing looks, and Wheein punched her in the stomach when she had the chance.

 

"First you come late and now you are playing around!" Byul scolded the younger girl, voice stern. Wheein kneeled down by her feet, bringing her hands together, palms pressed against each other. "Forgive me, the moon and stars of my nights." She said, holding back a laugh that threatened to crack her serious expression, but the maknae breaking into laughter didn't help her best friend's trial.

 

The rapper sighed, shaking her head. "Aren't you gonna interfere?" She asked the leader.
"You know I can't resist their charms." The latter pursed her lips, giving the younger her sincerest apologetic look. 
The blond fixed her bangs and clapped her hands three times, getting the others' attention. "Let's practice for the Um Oh Ah Yeh special stage." She said firmly.

 

That night, they were all exhausted, and they went to bed right after taking showers. However, the oldest of them couldn't ignore the flames that burnt her inside out, urging her to defeat the cold, and sit by the window, like every other night. 

 

She pulled her rainbow blanket over her shoulders,hoping it will protect her slim figure from the chilly breeze. While she looked through the darkness of the night, without feeling it absorb her, but instead, with a light heart resting in the depths of her, she heard familiar light steps passing her room, heading out of the apartment.

 

She thought it over for a while before hurrying to her closet, putting on a sweater, jeans, and a coat. She, then, swung her snapback over her shoulder,and ran to the door, put on her sneakers, and headed out.

 

Fortunately, Wheein didn't get far from the building, yet, and it was easy for Yong Sun to follow after her. The oldest kept a safe distance between her and the younger member, but she made sure she doesn't lose the tiny kid. She thanked goodness that she took her new coat, the one Wheein hasn't seen yet.

 

Wheein stopped at a bus stop, and Solar stood a bit far from her, in the shadows, where she could stay invisible. When the bus came she hopped in, one person after the younger girl, and prayed that it will block Wheein's vision, and keep her out of sight. The vehicle was empty except for around four people, counting Wheein. The ride was a bit long, heading somewhere out of the city. Yong Sun started getting confused. This is not the way to uncle's house!

She looked through her bag and found a facemask gifted to her by a fan. She put it on thanking goodness for giving her more cover. 

 

The road was getting less crowded and Yong Sun was getting more worried. She was dozing off when the bus stopped. She saw Wheein pass by her seat, and she hurried behind her. 

 

The place was foreign. The older girl has never came to these quarters before, and she felt off about it. The streets were oddly dark, old, dirty. Chills crawled down her spine as the shadows swallowed her and Wheein's tiny figure. But Yong Sun didn't lose her yet. The former took her phone, and quickly set Byul's number at the top of her emergency list. She's a light sleeper; if I call she'll pick up. She also checked the map, taking a screenshot of her spot, in case she needs it later to reveal her spot to the rapper. 

 

Safe thirty meters were between her and the only other human being in those deserted streets. Wheein stopped in front of what looked like an old abandoned house, the kind of house Yong Sun would avoid even passing by. The blond crossed the small yard before the house, and stepped into the darkness of the small place. Yong Sun thought twice before following in. She then saw the right window light up with what looked like a candle's light. 

At least I know where she is. She took fast, light steps towards the house, inhaled deeply and exhaled out her hesitation. What will I find here? What is she doing here? No! Yong Sun! Don't Worry! She's our Wheein! She's our baby Wheein..

 

The door had a crack, and the brunette looked closely into the room. Wheein was sitting there, on a flat, white mattress, in the middle of the old room. The candle was right next to her, illuminating the place. Wheein's hoodie and backpack were on a table by her left side. It shocked Yong Sun to see the former in only sleevless during such a cold night. Not as shocking as having her here. 

 

The shorter girl looked at the door, confused, and Yong Sun swiftly hid in the darkness. "Weird! Maybe I'm imagining things. She owns my heart, and my being, but it never happened before that I imagine her thinking. Maybe because of her confession last night." Wheein was talking to herself, while her nails were hopelessly scratching her back. "Why does this have to drive me crazy every single time? The scratching leaves marks. Thank goodness Hyejin always treats them for me." 

 

Eyebrows rising, Yong Sun peeked again. A gasp escaped , not loud enough for the blond to hear it. "What's this?" She felt her heartbeats racing, cold sweat washing her hands as she clutched them into tight fists. "What's this?" She asked again. The scene before her was unreal, but familiar. The blurry memories from the night before were no longer blurry. "This is what I've seen right before I passed out! THIS is why I passed out!" She added, eyes wide open. 

 


I'm sorry it keeps taking me long time to update. This story is sensitive and I try to do it right but I keep failing. The last chapter was a flop but I hope this chapter makes it up. Thank you for reading. I look forward to your comments and feedback. Thank you.

By the way, let's support our girls no matter what. Stay humble, moomoos. <3